Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Pastel Budgie

Breakbot

Pastel Budgie

Here's a quick sketch of my brand new baby budgie. I don't have a camera, so this is the best I can do at the moment.

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what colour mutation this would be? My bird is pale yellow on the head and back, some spots much paler than others. The tummy is pale green, blue around the middle, and green again before the tail, which is a pale grey-purple colour. The markings on the head and wings are light grey.

If anyone can tell me what this is called, that would be great. I've tried looking for other images of this colour online, but haven't found anything yet.

Name
    Pam
    Thanks

Re: Pastel Budgie

wow, I don't know what kind of budgie it would technically be called but that's a very nice drawing!

Breakbot

Oh well! Heheh.. thanks, but i've done much, much better.

~Erin English

our3lilgirls

Erin
    Great pic. I am also curious what that bird type is since we have a budgie almost identical other then the long tail feather on ours is stil the pasately mint green. We named him/her (still a baby) MInt. Anyways you have a beautiful bird and a gift at drawing. Congrats to both.
    smile Trisha

Speaker of the house (the chatty one) Tailfeather Duddles's Avatar
    Name
    Duddles
    Thanks

Welcome to TailFeathers, Breakbot! And congrats on your new baby.

I also don't knwo the mutation of your bird, but I think it is very similar to one that I had (whose mutation name I did not know either). His wings yellow with light grey? Sounds just like my Mary - he was a pretty bird! I'll try to dig up some photos of him to post a bit later - when I am not on my way to work (eek, should have left 10 minutes ago!)

Do you have a name for the little one yet? Hwo is the baby doing?

Next bird-English Budgie Tailfeather Pootspete's Avatar
    Name
    Grace
    Thanks

Welcome to Tailfeathers there, Breakbot.

Hey, excellent drawing. Thank you for sharing the rendition.ping

micklovesbirds

Hi,

My guess, based on the drawing is that you have a type 2 factor yellow faced, graywing.

That would explain the blue on the belly, but green on top.

In type 2 yellow faced, the bird is really a blue bird with a yellow head (genetically).. but visually the yellow mixes with the blue in some places and becomes a beautiful sea green... then turns back to blue on the belly and/or under the tail.

IF the light markings in the drawing on the wings means that the wings have grey markings rather than black, that would make the bird a greywing.

IF the bird's wings have color in the middle of each wing feather rimmed with black, it's normal... if it's black rimmed with color (giving it a creamy scolloped look) it would be spangled.

Sometimes these birds are called RAINBOW budgies cause they are so colorful.

Can you post a real picture of the bird? Everyone would love to see it.

Hope this helps,

Mick

Breakbot

Thanks all for the help. I had seen pictures of greywings, and they have a similar look, but I haven't seen ones that are pastel coloured all over.
    I'll stick up a picture as soon as I get one.
    So far I've only had the little bird for a couple days, and he/she is still very scared and not doing much. I haven't gotten a name yet, because I want something strange and original. It's my second bird ever, the one I had before being a bright green bird named Kiwi, who loved talking up a storm, giving kisses, and playing with his plastic buddy bird he named "byoo byoob". He was a great bird.

~Erin

Breakbot

Oh yeah! This new bird seems to act a bit strange sometimes. It seems to compulsively want to eat millet when it gets nervous. I hope the poor bird is getting enough sleep at night and will settle down eventually....

Speaker of the house (the chatty one) Tailfeather Duddles's Avatar
    Name
    Duddles
    Thanks

Well, it took a while, but here is a pic with my bird Mary in it. I think he might be the same mutation as yours. Unfortunately, it's not a great picture, but it's the best one I could find. Maybe someone will see the pic and recognize the mutation. Mary is on the left.

www.tailfeathersnetwork.c...ode=search

Breakbot

Nice pic.

Your bird is similar in colouring, except is a lot more vibrant. Next time there's a camera around, I'll snap a photo.

Remove Ads