Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Ok REALLY Really confused

Budgie2003

Ok REALLY Really confused

This is very strange ...
    Ok my female as a brown cere.. right females have brown ceres ..
    This morning everything was normal but later in the after noon i looked at her and her cere was completely white what is going on im stunned as to why it as changed color
    now is this normal could it from her rubbing her beak on sand perch covers ??
    Please tell me this is normal or anything to reassure me that she is not sick ..

Always Awing Tailfeather featherjinxer's Avatar
    Name
    fj
    Thanks

Re: Ok REALLY Really confused

First, snad perch covers are VERy bad for the feet, they will cause abrasions, sores, and the glue used to stick the sand can hurt them if they eat it.

Now . Was it totally white, or just lighter brown? When they are *ahem* sexually aroused, it will become darker, and when not, lighter. I read that, ws like what?!?, but it seems to be true with my two budgies, so...
    Some mutations have diffeent color ceres... though I don't think white is one.
    If it is staying white, I would take her up for a check-up JUST in case.
    Hope everything is all right!

Budgie2003

Yes it is completely white ..
    it was a dark brown and it was scruffy like ruff looking
    and went to very white but nothing looks any different in her behavior tho she is still chirping and acts the same .

Budgie2003

Ok I've just looked closely at her cere ok it is white but like on each corner i can see a shade of light blue showing ..does that mean that she is not a she but a he..lol
    i still cannot understand that yesterday it was dark brown and now it's white with a light blue color showing ..
    That's what has me confused about it ..
    My male budgie is cere is a light pink and light purple color but i know im repeating myself but i just can't figure it out
    does anyone knows what this all mean ???

Always Awing Tailfeather featherjinxer's Avatar
    Name
    fj
    Thanks

perhaps they are changing... ? Not sure- if you call your vet, they may know. As you say, the behaviour is the same, so just pay attention to that, and if they start acting weird take them, otherwise just observe! Sorry I can't help ya out much... If it helps, my budgies changed nearly overnight.

Budgie2003

Yeah well i talked to the pet store owner today cause i needed to get them some food and treats and he told me that they do change cause they are still young and now that there getting older there ceres change ..
    they are only 3 months old .. hopefully that it won't to often in color

Thank you very much for your info and your time

Nyrona

A budgie I had once did that, hers changed from pinky-purple to very pale blue and back and forth for the longest time. I think it wasn't till she was about a year old that it finally settled and I figured out she was a she. A breeder told me that happens sometimes, mostly in females.

I shouldn't let Dan change my title...he's not very creative Found a Mate flyingduster's Avatar
    Name
    you can call me FD
    Thanks

no offence, but if you'd mentioned it's only a few months old we'd have been able to tell ya straight away that it's just starting to mature! all babies have a cere a bit like a female, but at about 3 months it starts to change..... though it does often take a while for it to settle!
    adult females out of breeding condition have a rougher cere, when in breeding condition it goes nice and smooth..... but that's mature adult females!

FD

Remove Ads