Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Re:

I shouldn't let Dan change my title...he's not very creative Found a Mate flyingduster's Avatar
    Name
    you can call me FD
    Thanks

Re: Re:

this bird has been sick for a week, you then come on here when it's basicly dead already, and wait for someone to tell you the obvious and take it to the vet, i'm not surprised the poor bird died.
    don't WAIT, anything wrong with your bird should see a prompt visit to the vet! simply being fluffed up all the time is THE most classic syptom of a sick bird, and this person ignored it, thier bird was like this for a WEEK, and died probably pretty painfully and drawn out. please people, LEARN from this!!!!

FD

Mariah M

Re:

MY BUDGIE DIED ON MY WAY TO THE VET!!

Name
    Emi S.
    Thanks

Although the loss of your bird may be heartbreaking, if you had been a knowledgeable bird owner you wouldn't of waited. It is very important that everyone who owns a bird can recognize signs of sickness and act on it! It can make the difference between life and death.

Frankie01

don't start blameing @#%$ on me,even though i didn't do anything to help but how was i suppose to know huh?

Your friendly admin! Tailfeather Community Administrator Dan's Avatar
    Name
    Daniel
    Thanks

Please don't use profanity - thanks!

As the sticky topic in this forum says:

If you think your budgie might be SICK, or if he/she is showing ANY signs of sickness, please TAKE YOUR BIRD(S) TO AN AVIAN VET AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Please keep in mind that many times budgies will hide signs of sickness until the very last minute.

If they are already showing signs of sickness, that means that things are already pretty bad. Once a bird starts showing signs of illness, every minute literally counts.

If you have even the slightest feeling that your bird may be sick, please take him/her to an avian vet as soon as possible.
    Please try to learn from this -- if you have another bird and you think it might be sick, please take it to an avian vet as soon as possible.

Name
    Emi S.
    Thanks

Yes, part of being a responsible bird owner is knowing a lot about your bird... especially signs of sickness! So it was your fault that you didn't take the time to learn the warning signs of a sick bird.

Hatching
    Thanks

careless child!

can i just say that the person who allowed this budgies suffering is no more than a young child. he/she enjoys beyblades? no wonder the poor budgie died, probably too busy playing with beyblades! it say it in the profile.
    another thing is, my little brother is 8, and he is autistic, and he owns his own budgie of whom he takes great care of and give huge amounts of love and attention. he knows the signs of sickness, and alerts me as soon as something is wrong. now what i dont understand is, why the ''CHILD'' had the sick bird, allowed this bird 2 suffer for a whole week before bothering to pack away the beyblades and take the poor helpless budgie to the vet which by then was too @#%$ late and the budgie died on the flippin way!!! some people these days can be so selfish. ANNOUNCEMENT: BEYBLADES ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN YOUR BUDGIES LIFE! not.

Hatching
    Thanks

Re: careless child!

pheww, that was me on a bad day....8o

Thanks

I'm really sorry to hear about your loss

Hatching
    Thanks

taffy, if you read the previous post this person had written, then you would know that they had put this bird through loads of un nessasary pain, and left it much much too late to save his life. the poor bird died on the way to the vet, yeh...after 3 weeks of pain!!!i only feel sympathy for the bird....non what so ever for the owner..

sgosh

Good lord.

I hope this person (the one who let his poor bird suffer for so long without seeking medical help for it) either doesn't own another pet, or, learns from this tragic, and completely avoidable, mistake.

But, to be honest, to let a poor little creature sure like that is nothing short of sadistic. Youth is no excuse; what an utter lack of responsibility

Heartbreaking.

SGosh.