Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: hey guys

TielsTiels

hey guys

haha.. haven't been here for long so yeah.. bad news.. i moved and i didn't know for sure if i could keep my tiel named Tweek.. so i left him at my aunt's house with his mother and the rest of his family.. then i found out that i can keep him.. but when i separated him from his family he cried for them.. so i didn't want to do that so i told my aunt that she can have him back.. it's been a sad two months without him.. but then.. it's so quiet and boring without any pets.. i'm thinking of getting a budgie or two.. so i was just wondering.. because i live in a townhouse, are they loud??

I shouldn't let Dan change my title...he's not very creative Found a Mate flyingduster's Avatar
    Name
    you can call me FD
    Thanks

Re: hey guys

welcome back!
    IMO budgies are just as loud as tiels... though maybe not as peircing with their calls! budgies also chatter all the time. tiels tend to only call when they want somethng or are doing something etc, budgies chatter for the hel* of it! mine, and most others i know even chatter while have asleep on one leg and eye shut! hehe. but the chatter usualy isn't loud...

FD

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Emily
    Thanks

In my experience, budgies usually make loud noises in bursts - not all day long. They do chatter all day long, but the chatter is usually not very loud. My last budgie would make lots of loud noises in the morning (especially on mornings when the sun was shinning) and then again around mid-day. The rest of the day he just mumbled softly.

I have had three budgies in my life: two males and one female. The female was the quietest one I've had. I'm not sure if this was just my personal experience or if most females are quieter than most males. :-)

Thanks

Its normal that your tiel cried when you first separated him from his pals.

he would have gotten over it and would have been back to his loving self and happy with you !

Budgies tend to be louder than tiels... well that's in my experience though

TielsTiels

i know that he would've came back to me and became my bird again, but my aunt was so happy with him.. that was one of the reasons.. so yeah.. tweek is gone.. tears.. anyway, i'm planning to get a budgie tomorrow.. they say it's 6-8 month old.. so i'm wondering if that is too late to start training it to talk.. can anyone explain?

Thanks

Training to talk has nothing to do with how old the bird is. Budgies naturally imitate sounds around them, so If you are persistant it could learn to talk very very soon But then, some budgies never do :/
    Taming may be a bit difficult since it's not a 'baby budgie' but shouldn't be too much of a problem

NJBudgie

Budgies...

Budgies do chatter a little and it can get kind of loud but I agree with everyone else that it isn't constant and it isn't really THAT loud.

I originally only had a female budgie (now I have a male too!) but the female budgie was very very quiet and still is the quiet one out of my two budgies. But this may not be true for every budgie since they all have their own little personality

Taming is easier if you get one budgie - or if you tame each one seperately.

Budgies are so cute! (tee hee.. yeah i'm a bit biased since i own them....) Share with us about your new baby or babies when you get them!

patriotparrot

Re: Budgies...

NJBudgie-- Budgies are cute! (and I am not biased cuz I don't own one!! IMO they are the cutest parrot!!)in

Remove Ads