Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: My baby doesn't like it that I moved the cage!!!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Corina
    Thanks

My baby doesn't like it that I moved the cage!!!

Hello everyone - well, like the title says, my birdie doesn't like the new position of the cage. The reason I moved it was because it was higher than my height, and she was at all times (while in or on top of the cage) looking down on us. I was having (still am) a little problem with her not standing to have us out of her sight, but that's a different story... Anyway, back to this one. She just doesn't care for the new location at all!! Pacing all over the place, beeping at me constantly (her "I'm annoyed - get me out of here!" sound), and I couldn't calm her down. Finally, I covered about one third of the cage, and she calmed down - but she's not sleeping (I know 'cause I looked!). She's just sitting on one of the perches, not in her usual sleeping spot. About an hour after I covered her I took the cover off - she never slept with a cover, she was doing fine with just dimming the lights for a few minutes - and she started doing the whole pacing/beeping bid again. I covered her again - and that's where we are. I will probably keep her covered overnight (we are about 3 hours past her bedtime), but I don't know if I am doing the right thing. I don't want her to be ticked off at me, but the new location of the cage is so much better from all points of view. She is still not asleep, I will check again soon. I don't know, I'm lost - I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks a lot in advance!

Always Awing Tailfeather featherjinxer's Avatar
    Name
    fj
    Thanks

Re: My baby doesn't like it that I moved the cage!!!

That will be normal.
    She should be fine in a day or two.
    You are moving her from the head of the flock- she is the leader, and now she doesn't feel she can watch all of you, and call to you effectivley.

She is grumpy and sulking- she will get over it.
    You ARE doing the correct thing. If covering her is helping, cover her for the night. In the morning, if she is being quiet, take her out to play.

You are on the right track! Don't get discouraged!

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Vicky
    Thanks

Don't worry!

You are doing the right thing Mine always sulk when I move the cages around, don't worry, they always settle down after a few days

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Corina
    Thanks

Re: Don't worry!

Thank you both soooo much! I was so worried - she seemed like she didn't sleep much (when I was checking her out, she was awake, but that may be 'cause she heard me coming to the cage). I was so worried, 'cause she was so annoyed at the whole thing, but now that I know it's normal, I am so happy! She's been fine today, except that she didn't say anything this morning until we lifted the cover (I think that scared her a bit, she's not used to it at all, but at least she didn't scream) - she usually greets us in the morning as soon as she hears somebody moving around. Again, thank you so much for telling me that it's normal, I am so relieved! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Remove Ads