Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

shena rose

Toys and such.....

I think I am finally getting the hang of this site..I am new and it has taken a little while. Well, I brought the baby home...I was going to call him Bono...but after being with him a few days I have decided on Casey..it means Brave (Irish)....I have a couple of questions...I brought him home this last Monday...almost a week and we have done pretty well.. he is eating a cracker that I offer thorugh the bars of the cage...he isn;t into getting on my hand yet and he definately isn't thrilled with parsley or romaine lettuce.. )) Is it OK to have him right in the line of traffic in my duplex? I live by myself for now and its just me coming back and forth from classes.. and we are together a lot on the weekends..I just wondered (one of many things) if its OK to have him right there by me on a table....Ny advice would be appreciated.

Always Awing Tailfeather featherjinxer's Avatar
    Name
    fj
    Thanks

Re: Toys and such.....

You mean his cage? He needs to be against one wall, so he is not overwhelmed, and has a "safe side". If you just mean moving him in his cage while you are studying at the table or something, to on there beside you, that should be fine

TielsTiels

Re: Toys and such.....

my aunt lives in a condo.. and all 5 of her tiel and her cockatoo live on her balcony.. and she lives next to traffic.. you can always hear and see cars coming by.. so i assume it's okay..

shena rose

Against the wall

Does his cage have to be against a wall? I have him in front of my dining room windows, where he can see outside and see the squirrels playing and other birds, but if he needs to be against a wall, I can sure move him :d

Always Awing Tailfeather featherjinxer's Avatar
    Name
    fj
    Thanks

Re: Against the wall

lol that could be okay, too . They tend to do better with one side where people are not going around 360, so I think that would be fine. .

Be sure there are no drafts, or major temp changes there, though, as it could make him sick...:/