Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Anyone see Animal cops on Animal planet?

one by one the birds take my sanity!! Chick
    Name
    Christa
    Thanks

Anyone see Animal cops on Animal planet?

They did a rescue at this guys house where he had a bunch of birds, budgies, tiels, lovebirds and doves. All living in the worst conditions imaginable. There was so much fecies and garbage on the floor that the animal cops could barely walk and catch the birds.

The house was so over run with mice and rats that every where you looked there were at least 10 in one spot, when the spca cops got there to the place there were 2 rats in the window even. It was horrible.

There was this beautiful yellow budgie who was missing the top half of his beak probally due to one of the bigger bird biting it off, and he was also missing toes and partial toes (claws) poor thing you should have seen how sad it looked. It was lucky to be alive even

The neighbours where looking out thier windows giving thumbs up to the rescue cops- what I wanna know is why did it have to get that bad before someone reported that guy?

Christa

Thanks

Re: Anyone see Animal cops on Animal planet?

How sad. I can only watch that show every once in a great while, it's just too depressing. The things people do to animals ... and not because they don't have the means to care for them, or don't know how, they're usually just too lazy! Sicksicksick.

Rent this space today! Baby DevinBre's Avatar
    Thanks

I find it extreamly hard to sit through a whole episode of that show, considering they always wait until the worst conditions If only people needed certain licenses for certain pets, and had to bring them in, or have an inspector come to the house every couple of months to check them out, and if the conditions are bad, they revoke the license and send in the "cops" to take the animals away, i think it'd be better than having any john doe being able to have literally as many animals as they can fit in the house.

Name
    Christa
    Thanks

The thing that gets me the most is unless the animal is is dire need of help (very injured or almost dead) they cannot take the animal without the owners surrendering it over to them.

I saw them goto this yard where the guy left the state for weeks. There was a dead rottweiler in the pen and another dog alive only because it was eating the dead dog (they didnt say that but I mean how else could it have lived)... there were also cages of quails, geese, ducks and rabbits with dead animals all over the place living in thier feces and with moldy food/water to live off of. They had to leave a notice to the owners because they couldnt just take them then- they had to leave them there in that filth.

At least they were able to feed them and picked them up the next day when the owner didnt get back to them about the animals. The law needs to change these people need to be stopped right as soon as theres a problem not wheh half of the animals have died.

Christa

Banned Tailfeather Squawk and Howl's Avatar
    Name
    dani
    Thanks

i like that the show exists, because it shows people that the law has serious limits & needs to be changed.

i watched it regularly when i first got cable, but it is too hard to bear watching regulaly, i agree.

the new animal cops location is san fancisco (where i live) so it's gonna be doubly hard when animals cops SF is on all the time not to watch & freak out.

Naughty Mommy Hatched! tamaralynn24's Avatar
    Name
    Tamara
    Thanks

What i like is that 80% of them get jail time!!!

Name
    Christa
    Thanks

Thats kinda neat that its in your city but I dont think I'd wanna know I was living so close to scum like that.

Christa

Banned Tailfeather Squawk and Howl's Avatar
    Name
    dani
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by second hand roses
    Thats kinda neat that its in your city but I dont think I'd wanna know I was living so close to scum like that.
    sadly, we ALL do, but we just don't know how bad...

btw, interesting fact: "collectors" (people who are mentally ill & collect animals in alarming quantity, as seen on animal planet many times) are now in the DSM (classified as a genuine mental illness, up there with schizophrenia.

men tend to "collect" birds, while women tend to "collect" cats. the numbers are in the eightiesth percentile. so while moe women than men are bird people, more men are bird collectors. good to know i can't be classifoed as mental!

Rent this space today! Baby DevinBre's Avatar
    Thanks

Its groups like Peta who rescue animals in need, without permission (aka extreamests), but they always go after larger organizations (multi million dollar companies) if only there was a group that went after regular house animals in need, not that it would be the right thing to do, but its even more wrong these animals are suffering. Next time you see an animal in need, tip Peta off saying they own a multi billion dollar fur exchange, and that the animals are being used to make fur (for birds say pillows )