where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Rainbow bridge site

one by one the birds take my sanity!! Chick
    Name
    Christa
    Thanks

Rainbow bridge site

I found this nice site on the Rainbow bridge but when I clicked on abuse stories this came up- it makes me sick. Last October while out of provience visting family and friends someone broke into our house- thankfully none of the animals who were here (left in care of a friend) were harmed.

In Bettendorf, Iowa, shortly before Easter 1998, two teenage boys (15 & 16) broke into a man's home. Although the boys stole several items, the real tragedy is that they took "Winston", the owner's Senegal Parrot, and cooked him in the microwave. Both teens face charges of 3rd degree burglary and animal neglect.
    taken from this site : http://www.cyberhideaway.com/RainbowBridge/birds.html

Birds Are Just Little Feathery Love Sponges! Egg's Cracking... BolieleBirdLover's Avatar
    Name
    Sarah
    Thanks

Re: Rainbow bridge site

Omg...I can't see how anyone can do that to a living animal..they should be put in a microwave and see how it feels =-( :burnup

Where The Birds Always Sing Tailfeather Birdmad Girl's Avatar
    Name
    Lee-Anne
    Thanks

That is ****ing MINDLESS abuse & cruelty of the worst kind. Humans like that should loose the right to exist. Seriously. If someone can be as evil as that so young, they shouldn't be allowed to grow up. Give me a gun & I would happily do the honours.

On second thoughts, give me a giant microwave.

The crime of hurting or killing any living thing, human or animal, should me punishable by giving back exactly what they gave out, in this case, death by microwave. Some people are just evil, and there is nothing that can change that. Zero tolerance for this behaviour.

If I think of all the serious animal abuse cases like this, and think that out there somewhere, right now, someone is hurting a defenseless bird, it seriously makes me so angry & upset and sick to be a apart of a species that is capable of such disgusting behaviour, I actually don't want to continue existance anymore.

Birds Are Just Little Feathery Love Sponges! Egg's Cracking... BolieleBirdLover's Avatar
    Name
    Sarah
    Thanks

Why Animal Related Crimes Should Not Be Ignored
    By: Molly Biehl

Margaret Mead once said, "One of the most dangerous things that can happen to a child is to kill or torture an animal and get away with it," and if you think about it, that's the truth. That incident will forever be imprinted in that child's mind. In their subconscious mind, it will be okay to kill and torture animals…and that kind of thought pattern can lead to a destructive, dangerous life.

People that start out torturing or killing animals are more likely to commit violent crimes against humans than people who haven't. For example, Albert DeSalvo, the "Boston Strangler," kept cats and dogs in crates, starved them, then released them and watched them kill each other. He also shot arrows into the boxes of trapped cats and dogs. He later went on to rape and kill 13 women by strangulation. Animal abuse is an early warning sign of uncontrollable anger, aggression, and violence. If someone can intentionally hurt or kill an animal and find amusement in it they can obviously do hard to a human being also.

All children go through a stage of unintentional cruelty as they discover new things. Sometimes they harm bugs or small animals without knowing it. Most children grow out of this stage, but some people become locked into this harmful habit for the rest of their lives. Keith Hunter Jesperson, also known as the "Happy Face Killer", said "Choking a human being or a cat - it's the same feeling." He also said,"I'm the very end result of what happens when somebody kills an animal at an early age."

Animal abuse may also be a warning sign for child abuse. If an animal is being abused in a home, a child is most likely also being abused. Animal abuse could also be a sign that spousal abuse may be going on. 61% of the 39 women, who had been abused by their partners and were living in women's shelters in Hamilton and Owen Sound, said their pets had either been abused or killed by their partners. 48% said they were concerned for their pets and didn't leave their abusive situations sooner because of that. Three surveys of Wisconsin and Utah shelters showed 74% of women with pets said their animals had been abused or killed by their partners.

In conclusion, animal abuse may not seem to be a big issue to some people, but in reality, violence is violence, murder is murder, and to a killer, taking a life is taking a life. If only animal abuse would be taken seriously, dangerous people would be caught earlier, and many, many lives would be saved.

Here is another site talking about the same thing but different examples
    Last edited by BolieleBirdLover; 09-12-2004 at 04:01 PM.

Ferret Freak Tailfeather PhoenixK's Avatar
    Name
    Pho
    Thanks

It is very true that a large number of murderers started out by killing and abusing animals. However, even if animal abusers never laid a hand on humans, I still think it is one of the most disgusting and terrible crimes in existence. That story about Winston just makes me want to go on a "beat up bad people" spree. It doesn't get any worse than that, and if evil exists, that story is a perfect example.

Next bird-English Budgie Tailfeather Pootspete's Avatar
    Name
    Grace
    Thanks

Ohhhhh!!! That makes me so angry the sensless killing of an innocent animal, and for fun nevertheless.

Moulting
    Thanks

That Makes Me Soo Angry That People Get Upset And Sad When There Pets Die Like My Beloved Budgies But Kids Can Go Out And Kill Them Anyway!!!!!

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Buffie
    Thanks

I live in SoCal and am always locking up my house when I go anywhere, even just down the street for a minute. I have always worried about something getting taken, my horn, my son's violin, the laptop... whatever. But until now I've never thought about someone hurting my birds. That is really a horrible thing to have to add to my list of daily worries. That poor guy, to come home and find his loving companion dead in such a horrible fashion. My prayers go out to him, that's for sure. It really makes you lose a little more hope for the human race.

Breeding
    Thanks

I think that should constitute for a Public Flogging.

I just don't know what to say. Thats incredible. Pure IDIOCY, and MORONIC. Who could do that. Its a bird for peat sakes, what did it ever do?

They should be publicly branded with "STUPID MORONIC FOOL" written across their forehead. I don't even think a insanely hot piece of iron stabbing them in the head could knock some sense into them.

Name
    Candace
    Thanks

my question is this: why is it that they can't make the laws harsher just because someone is abusing those helpless animals??? Why is it that there has to be a connection to humans somehow being hurt in the long run for them to do anything??????????????????????? I think that's ludicrous
    From the crazy mind of Candace....

RIP Boogie Jan 8/04 ~ Sept 3/06~~~~~~~RIP Eater

You guys will never be forgotten, see you at Rainbow bridge.

Ferret Freak Tailfeather PhoenixK's Avatar
    Name
    Pho
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by candi33
    my question is this: why is it that they can't make the laws harsher just because someone is abusing those helpless animals??? Why is it that there has to be a connection to humans somehow being hurt in the long run for them to do anything??????????????????????? I think that's ludicrous
    It's for the same reason that a lot of people don't care about, say, drunk drivers, until a loved one is hit by one. Some people just don't care unless they themselves are affected. It's sad.

I always believed that no one in the world, no matter what they've done, *deserves* to suffer and be miserable. This story makes me rethink that. I've never gotten in a fight in my life, and I've never hit someone with the intention of hurting them. But if someone were to do that to one of my animals, that person better run as fast as they can.

The fact that the law treats such cases so lightly almost makes me wish for the days of "an eye for an eye" to come back.

Remove Ads