where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: LeeAnneB

...Over the rainbow Growing... Kalvin's Avatar
    Name
    Kalvin
    Thanks

LeeAnneB

I was just looking through some sites and came across this article.

www.robharvey.com/informa...ining.html

Thought it might be useful and fun to try.

Where The Birds Always Sing Tailfeather Birdmad Girl's Avatar
    Name
    Lee-Anne
    Thanks

Re: LeeAnneB

Thank you Ratty for thinking of me when you found that article. It is very good, and highlights some really good points about why pet birds shouldn't be clipped.

I would not recommend a bird be carried around on your shoulder. So, when you wish to take the bird to another place, even just a few paces away, always carry it on your hand, not your shoulder or arm.
    Too right! I never let Rhoobarb on my shoulder because I am always aware that he should be at a lower level than my face, not to mention the biting potential. I have heard horrible stories about parrots taking chunks out of the cheeks of their least favoured human. At the moment, I think I am Rhoobarb's least favoured human!

I will try again to reintroduce the step-up commands. I have been careful not to use the word 'up' recently in light of all my problems, so I will try again. I will also try introducing those other commands the article mentioned. The former Rhoobarb I knew would have found those fun. Maybe it will help him learn to enjoy my company again. I'd better move Jo out of the room for this one!

Thanks again!! You have been really supportive since all this Rhoobarb stuff began, & I really appreciate it. 2