Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: We've got pipping and PEEPING!!!!!!!

Name
    Jodi
    Thanks

Re: We've got pipping and PEEPING!!!!!!!

Well if you lived closer to me I would take one for SURE! You just wait...Christy (scootergirl) said she was NOT going to keep her babies either...lolol! You know the ending to that story don't you??!!!! :0) I'm so excited for the others to hatch!
    RIP Kokomo...May 30th, 2009...Forever in my heart
    RIP Kiwi.........Jan. 7th, 2012....Part of our family for 9 years and so missed

Chick
    Name
    Jennifer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M&Ds Budgies
    Congratulations to all... Grandma, & Grandma
    <wonders for a moment if there's something she should be telling Peter> LOL!!

Peter and I are really excited...so is my daughter. I'll have to rewrite the long post I wrote this morning that my computer ate before I could send <grrrrrr>...I was trying to save my videos with my computer at the same time, and somehow running the spellcheck caused my computer to refresh the page, and I lost the whole post!

I was too sleepy to rewrite so I went back to bed.

Thank you everyone for the congrats...more pics on the way.

Chick
    Name
    Jennifer
    Thanks

Ok, now I'll try to remember what I wrote this morning before my computer ate my post

This morning, my daughter raced up to me whispering "It happened, IT happened!!!"

She had woken up early to finish off some homework, and could hardly wait for me to wake up. She had been so excited the night before when she heard the egg peeping, and now she was practically flying. I told her last night that she might be the first to know that the egg hatched, since she would be up so early.

"How do you know?", I asked.

She pointed at the covered cage frantically, "It just DID!", she said with the kind of urgency only a 10-year-old can muster. "You can just tell! Listen! It's so loud now!"

Of course, the bird cage had been resting on her desk for lack of another place to sit, so that half-hour must have been the longest of her life, peeking under the blanket, but not being able to see into the box.

"He's in the box with her!", she announced over my shoulder as I grabbed my mini camcorder and prepared to go in.

We let Baby know we were opening the door, and she stepped back off her clutch. There, amid three eggs, lay the tiny, pink baby, squirming and letting out little peeps. My daughter climbed up over my shoulder to get a better look.

"Aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww! It's so...tiny!!!", she gasped.

I took a few seconds of film and removed the camera. We both stood there for a few more seconds, in total awe of what we were witnessing. Such a tiny, little, fragile thing this was...and yet, it was very alive.

Baby, now used to our presence, came over to adjust her little chick and settle down on it. She took such care, and yet, I worried with every slip or roll of an egg that this wee being would get hurt. It didn't though, of course. Somehow, as if by some miracle, Baby knows exactly what to do. I know it can be explained by science. But here, in this moment, it feels like a miracle. This whole event. Maybe it's the Mom in me. Or maybe it's just this tiny little pink baby...

10 birds is not enough! Hatching MaristKKG's Avatar
    Name
    Allison
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hehot
    At this time we don't have any plans to keep them...and we still have to wait and see if the other 3 eggs hatch...that being said...we were originally going to stop getting birds when we got to 6...and since we have 12 plus the one that just hatched...it would appear that we are slightly more fond of budgies than we originally thought we were...
    Sounds like my flock of birds! I had three and I took in one who wasn't being cared for properly and got another from a pet store who had scaly face mite and I nursed him back to health. Good thing I got those last two though because the first three turned out to be all female. It was a very hormonal cage. The bird who wasn't being cared for, Piper, LOVED having company and became a father after about three months. I kept one baby (my first!) and the rest went to good homes, even to my own family so I can still see them often. Piper is showing signs of wanting to mate again so I've had to put them to bed earlier than usual because even I can't handle the stress of mating! I'm not ready to be a Grandma again just yet!

Name
    Sarah
    Thanks

CONGRATES youe NEED to get loads of pic for us for every stage they go through ok then lol

Sam the tiel & Sky the budgie

'FB' Five Eggs Laid!
    Thanks

Talking Re: We've got pipping and PEEPING!!!!!!!

LOL, this has to be the cuttest thread! Just wondering who's the eggs are....Grizzy or Baby's?

I can see my birds, "Hey!!" "Look what they did, they didn't it in the food dish!"
    "Let's try that"

You have the clearest pictures!!

Good Luck!!!

Name
    Megan
    Thanks

Aww! It's SO cute! I love babies! Naked or not

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Melissa
    Thanks

OMG!! Congratulations. The little one is so cute. I can't wait to see the others.

Melissa

Chick
    Name
    Jennifer
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Finch Boy
    LOL, this has to be the cuttest thread! Just wondering who's the eggs are....Grizzy or Baby's?

I can see my birds, "Hey!!" "Look what they did, they didn't it in the food dish!"
    "Let's try that"

You have the clearest pictures!!

Good Luck!!!
    Thanks,

They're Baby's babies. Gizzy's eggs were infertile. The story of both of their
    egg-nancies was told in "Awwwww Geez....Not in the food bowl!"

LOL about your birds saying "Let's try that!". Better not let them get to the computer...my pictures might be a bad influence...

Chick
    Name
    Jennifer
    Thanks

More Pipping and Peeping!!!!

Number 2, although I'm pretty sure it wouldn't want to be referred to as that, is on its way!!!!!!!! We discovered the first pip on the second egg and noticed draw down on it at about 6:30pm tonight. We began to notice its peeping by about 9:30pm, though I'm sure it was peeping before then. It's just so faint (being inside a shell still) compared to number 1, who has quite a set of healthy lungs (Yay!).

We're watching and waiting again, and will post more pics as soon as we have them. For now you'll have to make do with pics of the first baby's eggie...

what are commas? Teenager carriesb's Avatar
    Name
    carrie
    Thanks

Congrats I'm so happy and thanks for keeping us posted with the process!
    Mommy To Budgies Neo and Sky Tiels Dandy and Crackers

Chick
    Name
    Jennifer
    Thanks

10:53pm Chick #2 just hatched at 10:30. This time the peeping was a little raspier than the first baby, and when it was hatched it seemed to have a little trouble breathing at first. We're watching and waiting. We'll keep you all up to date. Chick #1 is strong and healthy and being fed regularly. Baby's shuffling around a lot, trying to figure out how to keep 2 squirmy babies and 2 eggies underneath her all at once.

Hatching
    Name
    Maggie
    Thanks

Congratulations on the arrival of baby #2. Hope its breathing difficulty was only a temporary thing and baby #2 is as strong and health as baby #1.

BTW - my apologies for the typo in my earlier post. As you probably guessed, the post was supposed to say grandma and grandpa. Got to work on sprucing up my proof-reading.

Spank me...I iz naughty!! Tailfeather Sir Peter of Canada's Avatar
    Name
    Peter
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by M&Ds Budgies
    Congratulations on the arrival of baby #2. Hope its breathing difficulty was only a temporary thing and baby #2 is as strong and health as baby #1.

BTW - my apologies for the typo in my earlier post. As you probably guessed, the post was supposed to say grandma and grandpa. Got to work on sprucing up my proof-reading.
    Not a problem...I've been called a lot worse than Grandma in my time...

Breeder to be Brand New Egg
    Name
    Robby
    Thanks

awwww...well congrats. Thank you for keeping us up to date on the events taking place. A great learning tool for a breeder to be(or at least someone who wants some baby budgies )
    Robby

Remove Ads