Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Egg Bound????

Brand New Egg IloveMyBudgieBabies's Avatar
    Name
    Huda
    Thanks

Egg Bound????

Hi Everyone.

I really hope that someone can answer my questions.

Everything seems normal. But I just want to know how long does it take a bird to lay an egg??

Rose's egg has moved down and is ready to come out. But she still did not lay the egg.

I checked her poop nothing is bigger then normal, and she is very active I have not seen her at the bottem of the cage trying to push the egg out or anything.
    When I let her out of the cage she flys a few laps around the living room.

The only thing that seems that I knoticed was she was a bit red in the vent area.

Im I over worreing??

Man I really didnt know that they would mate with out a nesting box.

She let be rub her belly and seemed to really like it actully. Shes my biter and this is actully the first time she didnt take a chunck out of me lol.

I really hope that this is me being over worried and nothing more. I dont know how I will beable to afford a avien vet.

Any tips are very much welcomed.

Also My birds I think are backwards...... I cover them around 7-7:30pm every night and I uncover them around 7:30 am every morrning and they have be come more actuive sexually? Is that really supose to happen. I took out anything that would make them want to nest I put the bars back in the bottom so they cant reach the news paper, and I an covering them more. And they are still getting funky. Both my pairs. Rose and Duha and sami and Zahrah. Which was a total shock. Im not giving them too much treats.

Oh what am I doing wrong. I dont know anything about Zahrah and samis back ground and its imposible to find out. Becasue they were handed over to me by someone who didnt want birds anymore. At least Rose Duha and meadow I know all about them and if I have any Questions I can find out.

Anyways I was totally not planing to breed but was going to give it a shot when rose layed her first egg. But she wont eat any of the egg food that I offered her non of them will. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I said forget it.

Im really lost any sugestions. The seperation thing is not working very well they just get depressed and then after dont trust me

Well Im waiting for all you experenced birdy parents to help me out....

Thanks in advance
    Huda
    My Budgie Babies......

:kalvin
    Proud Mommy to Rose and Duha, Sami and Zahrah, Meadow and Kasper and Butootie the cat

Next bird-English Budgie Tailfeather Pootspete's Avatar
    Name
    Grace
    Thanks

Re: Egg Bound????

Huda, I am not an expert on birds laying eggs or egg bound. Hopefully, someone here can assist you that has been through this before. But, if it gets bad, you should see a vet without hesitation.

In the meantime, here is an article on this subject that may help you.

Egg Laying and Problems

Brand New Egg IloveMyBudgieBabies's Avatar
    Name
    Huda
    Thanks

Hmm I think I may be over reacting right now cuz she doesnt have any signs of being egg bound,

I read the artical before but I was looking for it agian so that I can reread it.

Thanks Grace for posting me the link.

Hmm I am going to give it a few more days she is not doing anything the artical says an egg bound bird does.

Thanks agian.

Any tips on my other Questions would be greatly welcomed
    My Budgie Babies......

:kalvin
    Proud Mommy to Rose and Duha, Sami and Zahrah, Meadow and Kasper and Butootie the cat

Sic Transit Gloria Brand New Egg Cambria's Avatar
    Name
    Brig/Reilly
    Thanks

I thought my bird was eggbound yesterday, actually. She weighed 9 grams more than one of my other birds. Turns out, she had her egg easily.. in the food bowl.
    An avian vet visit isn't that bad, mine charges $60 per bird. Well, i guess it is a lot but if you really think something is wrong, better not risk it.

Catastrophic Brand New Egg Chesire's Avatar
    Name
    Kryss
    Thanks

More 'daylight', more budgie love. You could try dimming the room, or letting them sleep another hour or so, and it might help.