Hi everyone,

Sascha has been acting strange the past few days, and I don't know why or what to do. He's usually really active and likes to sing a lot, but lately he just puffs up and makes distress chirps (the short, sharp notes that send chills down my spine).

He usually likes kisses, but now he just bites my lips - which hurts quite a bit, I might add. While he usually stays up with us until 9:30 p.m. (he gets 10 hours of sleep per night), we have started putting him to bed at 7:30 p.m. figuring that he's just tired. We've been doing that for one week. Now, it seems that he doesn't want to be out of his cage at all.

We took him to the avian vet just three weeks ago for a routine checkup, and she said Sasch was fine. We said he did puff up more often since we moved to a new house on Feb. 1. Because the house is harder to heat, she suggested a heat lamp. We bought one and leave it on for him all day while we work. (It only warms one side of the cage - he can go to the other side if he doesn't like the heat). He seems to like it, though, and sits in it all the time.

My theories:
1. He likes the heat so much he never wants to be out of his cage anymore, and when he is he is depressed, cold and angry.
2. He is depressed because he is almost one year old and doesn't have any bird friends. (My husband and I spend one hour in the morning, one hour at lunch and typically four hours in the evening with him, though).
3. He is sick, and I need to take him back to the vet for a more thorough checkup.

Any thoughts?
Thanks ...
Emily ray