Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: HELP ME SICK BIRD?

pianogirl14

Re: HELP ME SICK BIRD?

Yeah okay. I forgot to mention that we're also building an addition and that there's a lot of pounding and noise. I think they're just a little stressed from that and the cage change. They're now in my room. I think they're gonna be ok. I got them to eat. (Sunny was a little stressed too.) And I also have the vet's phone number in case of an emergency.

pianogirl14

HELP ME SICK BIRD?

UGH! My mother! She won't let me take Mango to the vet and I think he's sick. This worries me because I only have an hour from now to take him there. The vet closes at 5, I work at 5, the vet is closed tomorrow and obviously Monday. I'm really freaked out.
    Mango seems sick. First of all I'll tell you that I switched cages from their normal one to a bigger cage that I have. He didn't seem to take that well but Sunshine did - he loves the new cage. Mango didn't seem to be eating in there. So I took him out of that cage and put him back in his old one and he seems like he eats a little bit NOTHING MUCH AT ALL! I'm so worried! His poop is so little. No urine. He's all fluffed up. But not much. Just like he's sleepy. And he just sits on the perch. He's not hungry. Except for peanuts and rice crispies sometimes. And it seems like his keel bone is sticking out a little more. I think he's lost weight. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
    Do you think the vet would give me her home phone should I need her on the weekend? But then she doesn't seem like she knows that much. She's good with Mango and all but I still wonder.
    ASAP reply this is urgent.

Kristin

Thanks

sounds like stress from new surroundings... how long has he been like that?

pianogirl14

Counting today, 2 days that I've noticed. I think he's gonna be OK. He hates being so isolated in my room, but it's best for him. He seems to eat in there. ONLY in there. lol :/