Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: two parakeets died suddenly

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

two parakeets died suddenly

my daughters 2 pet parakeets died suddenly. she left for school mon. morning and said goodbye to them.. didnt notice anything different, they were acting as usual, chirping, etc. but when she returned home from school BOTH of them were lying on the bottom of the cage. Do birds always die with their eyes open? and one of them had there head slightly crooked. I am curious why they may have died, only had them about a year and a half, they had been out of food for about a week, I totally forgot to grab them some more. Could they have starved in that short of time, they were acting fine that morning.... : ( PLEASE HELP!! ANY info AT ALL is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!! THANKYOU!!!

Tailfeather Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! Lovebirdfan's Avatar
    Name
    Karen
    Thanks

Re: two parakeets died suddenly

they had been out of food for about a week, I totally forgot to grab them some more. Could they have starved in that short of time?
    A week without food?? Yes, that certainly would be cause for their death. They have very high metabolisms and need to eat several times a day. To go without for more than a day or two would lead to starvation, dehydration and death.
    Last edited by Lovebirdfan; 03-28-2006 at 11:04 PM.

Banned Tailfeather
    Name
    www.grendelmonster.com
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rhartman
    I am curious why they may have died, only had them about a year and a half, they had been out of food for about a week, I totally forgot to grab them some more.
    A week without food..they starved to death. Let me ask you a question..could you go a week without food?

It makes me very sad to think these poor birds died due to lack of food..

I am staying out of this thread or else I will probably get in trouble with the mods..however not feeding your birds and them dying is a major moral issue for me. I know we are supposed to be "polite" and I dont think I can be polite to someone who starved their birds to death.
    Last edited by keetmom; 03-29-2006 at 06:36 AM.

^ is bored Hormonal Tweety-holic's Avatar
    Name
    Emmie
    Thanks

Starvation is the answer!!

RIP all my baybees<|3
    My Scroll

Thanks

Oh my god, how tragic. I've had parakeets all my married life and I don't think any parakeet can go without fresh water and food daily. My keets have always eaten several times a day and I'm constantly topping off their cups just to be on the safe side. I believe your birds died of starvation. Perhaps you should reconsider pets of any kind if you are not able to care for them properly. How tragic.

Thanks

Yes it is completely possible that your birs did starve to death.

While I understand your kid is distraught over the loss of her beloved pets, I cannot feel sorry for you because this was 200% preventable. Making your pets go for a week without food is unacceptable and I hope you refrain from getting anymore pets, even if your kid beg you because they miss the ones that painfully starved to death.

I am also very impressed with everyone who replied and kept their cool. I fail to see what kind of advice is expected by the original poster and therefor I will close this thread. I am sorry if this appears to be harsh, but I see little need for people to get further upset with this matter and the best advice has already been given.

I you have questions, feel free to post them, but there is little advice that can be given on this particular matter other than feed your pets everyday because they need to eat.

Remove Ads