I will be very impressed if there is feedback to this question...hahaha!
Help!! My yellow budgie Honey is so FULL of her herself!!
- She is the only budgie left who will not convert to pellets - she WILL eat them, but only when in the company of the other three budgies eating them.
- If she is annoyed she will fly into her food dish and kick all her seed out until someone pays attention to her! She has also attempted to turn her food dish over on ocassion, and other similarly destructive behavior.
- She BITES and chases *all* the other budgies, INCLUDING Kiwi, whom she has obviously deemed to be her partner. Watching Kiwi court her is a little sad...sometimes she's "in the mood," sometimes he gets nothing but a peck or a bite for his troubles.
- She obviously prefers living alone, so we got her her own cage; but sometimes she gets antsy and wants to come out - she will squawk and scream and rattle her cage until we take her out!
- If she's really ****** off, she will climb around crazily around her cage, do somersaults and contortions with her body along the bars, through her food dish perch, hang by one foot on the ceiling....It's so extreme sometimes I'm afraid she'll hurt herself!
- She has become nippy! She will rarely actually bite, but she will threaten you with an open beak at the slightest caress or poke!
Honey has always been sort of like this, but recently (since January?) it's gotten much worse. Her "attitude" is a bit more tolerable when she is out in the living room, away from the other budgies, and only with my boyfriend and me - but this prevents us from spending time with all tlhe other budgies! How do we compromise with this baby princess???