Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rhoobarb

Ferret Freak Tailfeather PhoenixK's Avatar
    Name
    Pho
    Thanks

Re: Rhoobarb

Ooh, yeah, I forgot to mention -- I totally love that picture of you with Rhoobarb! Dorky curly puffy neck! Man, he was an awesome bird!

Name
    Dave
    Thanks

a very touching post and a lovely shrinel to Rhoobarb. I felt so sad reading the news about him. Our hearts go out to you

Name
    Jodi
    Thanks

(((((Leanne))))....reading your post brought tears to my eyes. I am so sorry about Rhubarb. He was such an awesome bird (as was Jo-Jo!). I can only imagine how difficult it is to move on without him. Your tribute to him is soo heartfelt and touching. Thanks for sharing it with us. (((((Hugs)))))....
    RIP Kokomo...May 30th, 2009...Forever in my heart
    RIP Kiwi.........Jan. 7th, 2012....Part of our family for 9 years and so missed

Hatching
    Name
    Michel
    Thanks

Wow LeeAnne.. that's touching.. when I think back on entirety of what happened, every post, it still makes me want to cry for you and Rhoo. Your utter devestation was clear throughout and I can honestly say you handled it with amazing grace. You still are. Your memorial to Rhoo is fitting and beautiful and he's at the rainbow bridge looking over wondering what all the fuss is about but thrilled to know he's still got Mama wrapped around a wing feather. Huge hugs to you and your partner from across the pond.

I looked at all the caged animals in the shelter... the cast-offs of human society
    I saw in their eyes love and hope, fear and dread, sadness and betrayal.
    And I was Angry.
    "God," I said, "this is terrible! Why don't you do something?"
    God was silent for a moment and the He spoke softly.
    "I have done something," He replied.
    "I created You."

Baby Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! Lyn's Avatar
    Name
    Lyn
    Thanks

That is such a beautiful tribute to Rhoobarb, I have to say it brought tears to my eyes reading it. It's so hard to get over losing a much loved bird and I can understand that at times you feel overwhelmed by it all. I hope things get better for you soon.
    Peaches Green Cheek Conure
    Mango Lutino Cockatiel, flew away September 13 2006

I'm A budgieaholic Tailfeather kathy5's Avatar
    Name
    kathy
    Thanks

I am so sorry to hear of Rhoobarb passing I did not know
    was he old
    I know these birds can live a long time
    I just want to reach out & give you a hug he was a wonderful bird
    the shrine is lovely
    hug to you
    Kathy
    my helpfull birdy page

kathy's facebook page

please give clicks to help my number go up

Where The Birds Always Sing Tailfeather Birdmad Girl's Avatar
    Name
    Lee-Anne
    Thanks

Thanks everyone.

I am finding it particularly hard today. It has all been coming back to me about the whole day and what happened and how I lost him so suddenly like that. I don't know if I will EVER accept the diagnosis the vet gave about the heart condition. I wish I could, but I can't. I feel like writing to other avian vets with the whole case in detail and getting other opinions. It is just so hard to accept that my healthy boy had a heart condition all that time. I am still so suspicious that he got some avocado, and even if he did, I am questioning my vets knowledge about the whole toxicity thing, ie, he feels that it wouldn't have caused what he saw.

Arrgghh!! I can't get over finding blame in myself. I know it doesn't make sense to do so after a conclusive post mortem, but I just can't get over how he isn't here any more.

He is so lovely.

Birdyless Bird Lover Tailfeather raptorace's Avatar
    Name
    Rich
    Thanks

sorry its so tough
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Proud to have been pappa to Sweety and Sky
    Sky, Sweety, you will always be in my heart.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For the Love of all Birds Hatched! pitufina73's Avatar
    Name
    Maria
    Thanks

The path to a dream is paved with sacrifices and lined with determination.
    And though it has many stumbling blocks along the way
    and may go in more than one direction, it is marked with faith.
    It is traveled by belief and courage, persistence and hard work.
    It is conquered with a willingness to face challenges and
    take chances, to fail and try again and again.
    Along the way, you may have to confront doubts, setbacks, and unfairness.
    But when the path comes to an end, you will find that there is
    no greater joy than making your dream come true.

One Day At A Time, No Guilt and Move On
    Visit my work's website!
    http://www.amazinglabels.com

For the Love of all Birds Hatched! pitufina73's Avatar
    Name
    Maria
    Thanks

Your presence is a present to the world You're unique and one of a kind Your life can be what you want it to be Take the days just one at a time
    Count your blessings, not your troubles You'll make it through whatever comes along Within you are so many answers Understand, have courage, be strong

Don't put limits on yourself So many dreams are waiting to be realized Decisions are too important to leave to chance Reach for your peak, your goal, your prize

Nothing wastes more energy than worrying The longer one carries a problem, the heavier it gets Don't take things too seriously Live a life of serenity, not a life of regrets

Remember that a little love goes a long way Remember that a lot... goes forever Remember that friendship is a wise investment Life's treasures are people... together

Realize that it's never too late Do ordinary things in an extraordinary way Have health and hope and happiness Take the time to wish upon a star And don't ever forget... for even a day... how very special you are.
    Visit my work's website!
    http://www.amazinglabels.com

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Cara
    Thanks

lee ann I am new here, and I dont know you, rhoo, or your whole story, but, I lost my cat a few years ago, suddenly, like your rhoo, he was my very best friend....good chance he was the best friend I'll ever have...I still cry when I think about him, your post had me teary...but, speaking from experience, it will get better, you just have to do what your doing, and take it one day at a time, I know how bad your hurting right now and I am sorry for that, its amazing how much these little creatures can touch our lives, from your post I can see that there was alot of love between you. You cannot blame yourself though, I know its hard not to, I still find myself blaming me for Whiskeys death, but, it doesnt do any good to say coulda woulda shoulda... when you have those thoughts, just remind yourself that, he lived a happy life, and he loved you just as much as you loved him, he wouldnt blame you, and he would want you to blame yourself... besides, these little critters know alot more than they are often given credit for, maybe he knew it was time...sometimes the hardest things to endure can lead to unimaginable fortune....you see, when my whiskey died, I was going through some tough stuff, and his death compounded it absolutely, but, very soon after everything changed, and I got married and moved to Hawaii, and its a long story but, it more than likely wouldnt have happened if I had still had him. I think he came into my life right when I needed him most, and left when the time was right...what I am getting at is, maybe right now, there is some life changing twist of fate out there that he was preparing you for...I know it sounds silly even a little romantic, but, everyone who has ever loved an animal knows, that they have senses and abilities we will never understand.... so grieve, and remember, and love, but, dont look at his death as somthing that deserves blame or anger.....try to find a new outlook about it, I dont know what that could possibly be, but, for me I am thankful to my kitty for letting me be a part of his all to short life, for letting me love him, letting me cherish him, and ultimately letting me come to peace with his death. I suppose I have said enough now Im sorry this is so long, so in closing, I would just like to quote William penn,

"THEY THAT LOVE BEYOND THE WORLD CANNOT BE SEPARATED BY IT, DEATH CANNOT KILL WHAT NEVER DIES"

Ferret Freak Tailfeather PhoenixK's Avatar
    Name
    Pho
    Thanks

Thanks for sharing those, Maria! And Cara, that's a great quote at the end of your post, too. ^_^

Aww, Lee-Anne, it must be so hard for you to still be dealing with Rhoobarb's death. ;_; Although I fully believe from what I've heard that it wasn't the avocado and that Rhoobarb probably did have a heart condition, I totally understand how that would be difficult to accept. You were the one who lived with him every day, and during that last day. But even if you continue to blame yourself, just remember that Rhoobarb himself would never blame you.

Name
    melissa jean
    Thanks

Lee ann, I am so sorry about Rhoobarb. I havent been on in a long time so I had no idea. I seen the name of the post and I really didnt want to open it, and then when I did and I started reading your post I started crying, I am crying now just thinking about it. I am really sorry to hear about Rhoo. if you ever need to talk do not hesitate to get a hold of me. ((((((HUGS))))))
    melissajean
    yooper mom

a happy baby is a suger high baby
    COMING SOON

Next bird-English Budgie Tailfeather Pootspete's Avatar
    Name
    Grace
    Thanks

Hugs Lee.....

I'm A budgieaholic Tailfeather kathy5's Avatar
    Name
    kathy
    Thanks

oh i feel for you
    this must be so hard
    these are wonderful birds just like children I have no words I just want you to know that I am here If you need to talk or ( type )
    hugs to you
    kathy
    my helpfull birdy page

kathy's facebook page

please give clicks to help my number go up

Remove Ads