Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: The DDR thread

Name
    Kristin
    Thanks

The DDR thread

I know some others here play DDR so let's talk about arrows and dance music! *gasp, wheeze* I am beat right now. I just finished playing with my oldest daughter Lia. We went all around the wheel and picked the best songs and probably played about an hour nonstop. I play mostly on Light, but now I can do most 5-footers and a couple of 6-footers on Standard. My knees and feet are SO sore!

Yesterday I was running errands with Lia and the baby, and Lia talked me into going to the arcade for a few minutes to play their DDR machine. We've never played it in the arcade before, so it was a new and kind of scary experience. I'm not comfortable with people watching me! So we took turns playing it, I'd hand her the baby and play a few songs, then it would be her turn. There were some teenagers who played a little, and when we were playing they watched us, and Lia said that they were staring at me with open mouths and said, "I can't believe that oldie can dance without using the bar!" OLDIE??!? Well I never, I'd like to see them say that to my face because scorewise I was kicking their butts!

Thanks

Re: The DDR thread

I gave up on mine for now. The dance pad that came with it is horrible and bunches up and slides all over the place and I don't have the money to blow on a better one for now. I really do like it though and plan on getting a better pad sometime in the future.
    - Aviennda, Bunji and Henry (Meyer's and Senegal)

Name
    Kristin
    Thanks

We had terrible pads too, that shorted out after only a couple of weeks! Hope you can get some better pads soon.

Here I Am! Hatched! aria_vanyel's Avatar
    Name
    Ksandra
    Thanks

I'm a DDR maniac! lol our mats still work amazingly, but we own like 4 of them and are always rotating them. I actually lost weight on that game!! woohoo! ^_^ When I get on that game, I play up to 2-3 hours nonstop! But when I'm with one of my sisters, especially Melissa, we've played up to 6 whole hours nonstop! My parents kicked us off from it at 1am because they wanted some sleep. Sheesh! What is it with these people and their sleep? Don't they know its overrated?

Anyway... My sister and I are always getting together and unlocking bunches of new songs on the wheel, and new courses (like 5 songs in a row) and new areas. We always play the songs until they're atleast up to a AA+ (star) if not AAA!!!! hahaha Just goes to show you how obsessed I am with that game. hehe
    *~Be yourself- nobody is better qualified~*

Name
    Kristin
    Thanks

Which game do you play the most? My favorite is DDR Extreme 2. We also have DDR Max and DDR Extreme, but I don't like how those are set up.

Oh, my daughter does all the unlocking too! LOL I love trying out new songs. I just played about 20 minutes, but since I played so hard last night I'm beat today, and I couldn't do any of the jumps. I was trying some 6-footers in Training mode, and kept messing up and being off on the tempo. It's frustrating being so tired! The fact that the living room is hot doesn't make it any easier. I'm looking forward to the colder weather.

I've lost weight playing DDR too! About 10 pounds so far, but I didn't play for about a month when I was really sick, or I'd probably have lost 20 pounds. *sniffle*

Thanks

Hehe, YAY more people who love the game! <3 Yeah, I used to be obsessed. I wish I had more time for the game but with school and work I have no time. At one time we had 6 mats. LOL. We sold two of them to a friend and now we just have 4. I love it cause I can do the double mat on both the arcade game and at home. Im a geek. I love it.

Name
    Kristin
    Thanks

Wow, 6 mats! I haven't even gotten close to learning how to play doubles yet, but my daughter can. Man, I hurt bad enough just practicing 5-footer Standard songs.