where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Vomiting!?

Here I Am! Hatched! aria_vanyel's Avatar
    Name
    Ksandra
    Thanks

Exclamation Vomiting!?

Before I go through a spazz attack here, I'm just gonna say that Andy will be going to the vet next week.
    But in the meantime...

I took Andy with me to a friend's house because her mom has fallen in love with the little guy and loves to see and hear about his progress. So I was taking him over to show how big he's gotten since the last time she saw him. I came home and went to open the back to let him out and I discovered that he had just vomited! This is gross, but I'm going to explain sort of what it looked like so you might get a general idea... Eew gross, I know. Anyway, it was brownish and it had the full chunks of his puppy chow in it, not chewed up bites. Could he be swallowing his food whole because his mouth is still a little tender?????? Poor little guy. I feel terrible!

I've tried to give him his food wetted down and he eats it okay, but thismorning I was asleep because I was up late with a friend and so my dad fed Andy just the regular puppy chow dry. I don't think it would cause him that big of a problem, but if he's swallowing it whole, could it be making him sick? I've already gone around the yard and checked to see if he could have gotten into anything and there are no signs of harmful things he could injest.

Help please? You all know how much this little guy means to me.
    *~Be yourself- nobody is better qualified~*

For the Love of all Birds Hatched! pitufina73's Avatar
    Name
    Maria
    Thanks

Re: Vomiting!?

i dont think its the food, did you drive with Andy in your car? i think he got dizzy and also with a full stomach.

I used to live with my brother's dogs and the younger one was always swallowing his food when he was changing teeth, also he used to vomit when i drove him to the doggy park, then i decided no eating before going to the park, just after....

I hope is that... and nothing serious, i think just got motion sickness, which is temporary.
    Visit my work's website!
    http://www.amazinglabels.com

Name
    Kate
    Thanks

My first thought was how does his poop look? If it's runny or he has a lot of trouble pooping than I would call the vet about.

If it's fine it could be just that he has an upset tummy or he ate something that doesn't agree with him. Could also be the food not chewed well.

Do you know if there was grass in the vomit? Sometimes when dogs don't feel well they will consume lots of grass, then reguritate it back up.

Aussie + Kiwi + Phoebe
    RIP Amaretto, Bo, Duncan and Captain

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Cara
    Thanks

car sickness was my first thought...alot of puppies and even dogs, cant handle car rides without getting sick...and sometimes wet food will also make them a little sick...if he is vaccinated then its probly not parvo (god I hope not) but it isnt likely if he is...more than likely it was probly just somthing didnt agree with his little tummy... if he doesnt keep getting sick, and he isnt acting lethargic, I wouldnt worry... it could have been anything or any number of things combined...maybe he played to hard, and that mixed with the car ride just took a tole on his tummy... just try not to worry, the vet will be taking a look at him soon...and if he doesnt show any symptoms between now and then, even less of a reason to be worried...give him a cuddle for me, and try to make him take it easy...good luck ; )

UTSA Roadrunners '11 Fledgeling miss_emily07's Avatar
    Name
    Emily
    Thanks

Have you been converting him from different foods???? He could have just inhaled his food and then it came back out because he ate too fast, and too much. That is normal. Just check for his poop and make sure there is no blood, or it's not too runny.
    Yours Truely, Emily