Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Baby Bird Already out of Nesting box

Brand New Egg
    Name
    lisa
    Thanks

Baby Bird Already out of Nesting box

Hi all
    As i posted before baby was born nov 6 not even a month old ,i had noticed that he was getting close to the entrance of the nesting box a few days ago,,,,today i was on the pc i just happened to turn around and baby is out of the box and wandering the bottom of the cage was really shocked,,,,,,he wont be eating on his own yet? not sure if he flew down in the cage or he fell but if he cant fly he cant fly to the post to eat food so now what do i leave him out now or put him back in the nesting box and if i leave him out can he just eat the ird food mom has been giving him right now he seems to be eating off teh bottom of the cage

Name
    Keith
    Thanks

Re: Baby Bird Already out of Nesting box

Hi Lisa I could be wrong here( maybe I am) but from what I read and the picture I looked at and I'm assuming that the baby was an only baby but he may have been ready to leave the box( I didnt think they left the box until mom and dad started another clutch) but I pull my babies at 10 days so I not familiar with that. What I would suggest is to try and put him/her back in and watch the baby so if it trys again it wont get hurt or just leave him there and dad should feed him, make sure though its not cold in the room they are in if you chose to leave him out though. I hope that helped.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    lisa
    Thanks

Hi thanks for replying,,,the day he came out of the nesting box,mom went in the box and dropped on egg,,,baby can climb and enjoys just sitting on the perch infront of the entrance to the nesting box watching mom sit on the egg,baby does go back in the nesting box on its own.Now at this point will mom stop feeding baby? And can baby start eating normal seed with out having it regurgated? I need some sugustions for names please.

Name
    Keith
    Thanks

Hi Lisa if mom is starting a second clutch or sitting on eggs again she will no longer care for the baby. I would watch(for the babies sake) if it is still going in the box just so it doesnt get hurt. Parents can become a little aggressive when they are on eggs and they still have babies. Dad at this point will continue to feed him but you should put a plate of veggies and some fruit in the bottom of the cage, Dad will eat this and probably feed this to the baby but the baby may also start to pick at that as well. As for a name you should post a picture on Tailfeathers, you can use Photobucket.com or one more I have to think of but you can put your pictures on that and post them to the site for everyone to see but post the pictures in a new thread and post your baby names as a survey or something you know what I mean? Hope that helped Lisa