Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

 

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 121

Thread: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

  1. #46
    What a marshmallow Hatching ashie's Avatar
    Name
    Ashleigh
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    461
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Quote Originally Posted by leebee View Post
    Perhaps you should take the time to understand the people you are replying to before posting something like that. As Sam said above, there are a great many members here who are in some form of animal based higher education, or have finished a similar course. Telling people to 'try it' comes off as a little naive to the people you are posting in response to, and again, personally, I find it a little ignorant.
    We I can 100% agree to that we said
    Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. ~Paul Rodriguez

  2. #47
    Egg's Cracking... Clairey331's Avatar
    Name
    birdy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    england
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Lee if you have a problem with any of Yvonne's toys then email her direct, how dare you post what you have done.....

    "I for one know of at least one person who wasn't happy with the quality of your toys, resulting in a refund being requested. That's beyond the point however, and I don't think your business has anything to do with the topic at hand. "

    Here we go again, Hear say! have you personally experienced any problems with her toys? Do you actually KNOW the person that says they did (thats if there is such a person anyway!)
    Completley out of order. Now whos sounding NAIVE Lee.

    I dont want to get into a debate about this, so i wont even entertain the idea. If you want to use Newspaper for your birds, great, go ahead. Can i also just say, reading a few books at college isnt exactly very accurate either is it.

    Subjects like this can get very heated, obviously because we want the best for our birds. The only thing i personally am upset about is what i have mentioned above. There was honestly no need for it.

    I have had very good advise from the lady who seems to be getting attacked here, i believe she has an amazing amount of ideas and advise to share. I cant see where she has suggested she loves her birds more than any of you that have posted of this forum.

    Why cant we just listen and share what we have experienced and researched instead of ruining things by attacking and spitting out what others want to share. If we dont want to believe them, then of course we dont have to, but being a little kinder with our words could help matters.

  3. #48
    Tailfeather
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,397
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Quote Originally Posted by pine4parrots View Post
    so if you only want your bird to live half its life, then fine.
    but some people want to keep their birds.

    Here you go Clairy...clearly suggesting we care less than she does for our birds.
    No-one is "attacking" her, we are voicing opposing opinions. She & you are the ones slinging veiled insults like the above.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clairey331 View Post

    Why cant we just listen and share what we have experienced and researched instead of ruining things by attacking and spitting out what others want to share. If we dont want to believe them, then of course we dont have to, but being a little kinder with our words could help matters.
    Goes both ways. WE are also sharing OUR knowledge on this subject. You & Yvonne are throwing accusations at people, that they are ignorant; don't research, don't want our birds to live & be healthy/happy.

    The info about newspaper inks would be well received.....what got peoples' backs up was the insinuation that the whole ebook was full of unsafe info, that the author of the book did not research, etc. A new thread about her findings would have been better received, and discussed. Instead she chose to bash another persons work, and wonder why it wasn't well received!
    Last edited by ~Lori~; 12-06-2009 at 02:17 AM.

    Surrounded by people who love life, you love it too;
    surrounded by people who don't, you don't.
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

  4. #49
    Cream of Cockatiel Tailfeather sammit's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    5,240
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clairey331 View Post
    Why cant we just listen and share what we have experienced and researched instead of ruining things by attacking and spitting out what others want to share. If we dont want to believe them, then of course we dont have to, but being a little kinder with our words could help matters.
    Agreed. You start being polite and i will consider it. Ever heard of having your own opinion?


    "im now under the impression that sarcasm is the body's natural defence against stupid" - sam

    http://sammitshomecooking.blogspot.com/

  5. #50
    AKA 'Follyfoot Farm' Tailfeather
    Name
    Mel
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    6,011
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    YOU SAY YOU RESEARCH, then why does no one seem to realise that veg tanned leather is not as safe as we are all told.
    Yes, I do say I research. Please do not tell me what I do and dont know. Thanks.

    I cant understand why people give their birds newspaper, have you considered the germs on an old newspaper, not very nice for your bird to chew,
    Can anyone say "bubble wrap generation"? Basically, people being hypersensitive about germs and bacteria. This leads to the eventual compromise of immune system when I does see an infection, the end result is worse. How many kids do you know who have tasted newspaper and lived to tell the tale? All of them.

    you keep going on and on about being bird safe and then make an accusation like that. im thinking you are trying to make us look like we have no idea. because right now its coming across as you with a god complex and we're the kids in the gutter picking our noses. if you have had a chance to look ANYWHERE on this site you will see that we are given and are giving the best researched advice we can. this site has almost 50 if i dare say not more higher educated people strictly on animal or science subjects alone!!!
    This is the impression I am getting of you as well Yvonne. This is why I am getting frustrated. We are all here to SHARE knowledge. I am not sure how many high education animal science courses you personally have done, but I am sure that you do not have the right to belittle all these bird owners. When not even avian vets stoop to that low.

    It's a little unrealistic to imagine all of your toys are 100% safe, that your birds are 100% safe with the things you give them. Nothing is ever going to be 100% safe for birds, people..anything. It's just not achievable.
    Exactly. The largest reason why you can not be 100% certain... NOTHING IS 100% IN THE WORLD OF SCIENCE!!!!!! New discoveries are over taking old in the blink of an eye. Which is why I want to see your proof. Researching on the net is all fair and good, but remember it is NOT god. It does NOT know all. Most of it is written by little randoms, about personal experience, such as we are doing here. It is not fact. That said, most books are also outdated, but they work as a GUIDELINE. Nothing more. NOTHING is 100% safe. To think it is, is pure ignorance. How do you define "safe" anyway....


    Subjects like this can get very heated, obviously because we want the best for our birds. The only thing i personally am upset about is what i have mentioned above. There was honestly no need for it.
    We all DO love our birds, and hence why we get fired up when some random jumps on in and implies that she is the only one who truly cares about birds. I felt a need to stand up to someone who was belittling me and all members of this forum. Who do their very best on a day to day basis for their birds.


    Why cant we just listen and share what we have experienced and researched instead of ruining things by attacking and spitting out what others want to share. If we dont want to believe them, then of course we dont have to, but being a little kinder with our words could help matters.
    Why dont we post evidence as proof of our findings?
    And I agree, being a little kinder and not implying rude things would go down well, but that works for BOTH sides of this debate. High and mighty stuff never goes down well with me Im afraid.

    To imply the WE love our birds less than YOU is insulting. Period.

    Before you ask, yes I am a b!tch...
    But I am an honest b!tch.

  6. #51
    First Baby Hatched!
    Name
    Lee
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,223
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Lee if you have a problem with any of Yvonne's toys then email her direct, how dare you post what you have done.....
    As I said, 'that's beyond the point'. If you weren't so quick to overreact, Claire, you'd see that I made every effort to make sure that I pointed out how wonderful people think Yvonne's toys are. I have made every effort not to go into detail because I don't think discussing a persons business is appropriate, and I wont post any more than I have done on the subject. That wouldn't fair at all on Yvonne, however I made the point because no toy that we give out birds will ever be 100% safe.
    I have had very good advise from the lady who seems to be getting attacked here
    Similarly, I have had very good advice from the people you are choosing to insult. I think that if anything, the only person to really 'attack' anybody in this thread is you. I suggest that you calm down before posting, and read things in context in future. You have your opinion, other people choose to make educated decisions with their birds before believing things they are told. I think it's worth remembering that the majority of members here, especially those that have responded in this thread, take a great deal of time researching. Dismissing everything they say because you take the word of one person as gospel is naive.
    Can i also just say, reading a few books at college isnt exactly very accurate either is it
    Again, take the time to actually understand the members you are being so rude about. 'Reading a few books at college' would hardly qualify for a Master's Degree...
    Why cant we just listen and share what we have experienced and researched instead of ruining things by attacking and spitting out what others want to share. If we dont want to believe them, then of course we dont have to, but being a little kinder with our words could help matters.
    Reading this thread I can only say it's you who comes across as rude. Not Yvonne, not the other members, but you. You are, afterall, the only one to make a direct attack to a member.

    I never really make a point of how long people have been members, but both you and Yvonne are relatively new. I really do suggest that before making such wild opinions on people, actually get to know how the members here do their best for their birds. There are very few places on the interent that you would get such honest, well researched advice as Tailfeathers.
    Last edited by leebee; 12-06-2009 at 05:04 AM.

  7. #52
    Egg's Cracking... Clairey331's Avatar
    Name
    birdy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    england
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Quote Originally Posted by leebee View Post
    As I said, 'that's beyond the point'. If you weren't so quick to overreact, Claire, you'd see that I made every effort to make sure that I pointed out how wonderful people think Yvonne's toys are. I have made every effort not to go into detail because I don't think discussing a persons business is appropriate, and I wont post any more than I have done on the subject. That wouldn't fair at all on Yvonne, however I made the point because no toy that we give out birds will ever be 100% safe.

    Similarly, I have had very good advice from the people you are choosing to insult. I think that if anything, the only person to really 'attack' anybody in this thread is you. I suggest that you calm down before posting, and read things in context in future. You have your opinion, other people choose to make educated decisions with their birds before believing things they are told. I think it's worth remembering that the majority of members here, especially those that have responded in this thread, take a great deal of time researching. Dismissing everything they say because you take the word of one person as gospel is naive.

    Again, take the time to actually understand the members you are being so rude about. 'Reading a few books at college' would hardly qualify for a Master's Degree...

    Reading this thread I can only say it's you who comes across as rude. Not Yvonne, not the other members, but you. You are, afterall, the only one to make a direct attack to a member.

    I never really make a point of how long people have been members, but both you and Yvonne are relatively new. I really do suggest that before making such wild opinions on people, actually get to know how the members here do their best for their birds. There are very few places on the interent that you would get such honest, well researched advice as Tailfeathers.
    Dont backtrack Lee, YOU were the one who suggested Yvonne had an unhappy customer, YOU were the one who mentioned her private business in such context. What right did you have posting such things. You were not talking about birds in this instance you were talking about something and someone you have no idea about, you claim "somebody told you" Really, that they were unhappy, where is your evidence? Dont you realise you have been ill informed and are making a bad name for somebody who has done nothing wrong here.

    Surely you should have emailed Yvonne asking if this was the case, not to just mention this on a PUBLIC forum off your own back because you "claim youve heard such things"

    As we know, alot of vets for instance can get alot of things wrong when it comes to our birds, so how does somebody... that maybe extremley qualified in alsorts of areas think they know best and whats right??! Whats safe and whats not. It doesnt matter how qualified and educated people are, what degree they have and so on. I have learnt the BEST people to learn from is people who have worked with, and kept birds for years. There is only one woman on here (i wont name drop) that i think that has excellent knowledge and i only ask her advise on here if i have a problem with any of mine. Now thats saying something. We can all learn from one another, but we all know not everyone can be right all of the time...Dont we Lee.

  8. #53
    Cream of Cockatiel Tailfeather sammit's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    5,240
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clairey331 View Post
    I have learnt the BEST people to learn from is people who have worked with, and kept birds for years..
    and darling these are the people you are chewing a new a**hole out of..


    "im now under the impression that sarcasm is the body's natural defence against stupid" - sam

    http://sammitshomecooking.blogspot.com/

  9. #54
    First Baby Hatched!
    Name
    Lee
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,223
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Dont backtrack Lee, YOU were the one who suggested Yvonne had an unhappy customer, YOU were the one who mentioned her private business in such context. What right did you have posting such things. You were not talking about birds in this instance you were talking about something and someone you have no idea about, you claim "somebody told you" Really, that they were unhappy, where is your evidence? Dont you realise you have been ill informed and are making a bad name for somebody who has done nothing wrong here.
    And what makes you so sure that I don't know the person in question? How are you quite so sure I am 'ill informed'? My choice not to discuss it is my own to make, not yours to pick apart. Dragging one line of my post out is making this more of an issue than it should be. As I said, 'that's beyond the point', so why are you determined to make it the point of this thread? If you look down at the next line, you'd see how I go on to tell of a positive review of her business, the idea being to state that not everything is 100% safe all the time.
    If I read correctly, and you'll have to forgive me I am posting this in a rush so don't have the time to go back and check, aren't you the one who even raised the issue of 'pine4parrots'? If you are within your rights to bang on about how wonderful it is, I am well within mine to post an opinion and experience with it. However, as I honestly think it's totally inapropriate to be discussing someone's business at all, I think you should really drop the issue Claire.
    We can all learn from one another, but we all know not everyone can be right all of the time
    Exactly.
    Last edited by leebee; 12-06-2009 at 05:59 AM.

  10. #55
    Tailfeather
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,397
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Keep pushing Clairey. Lee would not post unless he had first hand info. He chooses to leave it as a general statement. And has said he hears good things about her toys, but knows of someone who was not happy, making the point that NO toy is 100% safe, or acceptable to all people or birds for that matter. Happens with all companies. And we have a right to post our opinions about ANY product, search the forum, there are threads about all kinds of product, good & bad, with varied opinions from all.

    Yvonne, as a good business person would know it comes with the territory. You can't please everyone. And negative feedback is as valuable as positive...it makes you strive for better!

    Surrounded by people who love life, you love it too;
    surrounded by people who don't, you don't.
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

  11. #56
    Egg's Cracking... Clairey331's Avatar
    Name
    birdy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    england
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    I did post the link yes, whether people choose to buy things is their business, not yours. There are ideas on there, people could have made their own toys! im going to have discuss this matter with you via Pm as i really dont think its fair that you have come to such a conclusion and spoken about this womans business like this on such an open forum.

  12. #57
    Egg's Cracking... Clairey331's Avatar
    Name
    birdy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    england
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Quote Originally Posted by merlinsmom View Post
    Keep pushing Clairey. Lee would not post unless he had first hand info. He chooses to leave it as a general statement. And has said he hears good things about her toys, but knows of someone who was not happy, making the point that NO toy is 100% safe, or acceptable to all people or birds for that matter. Happens with all companies. And we have a right to post our opinions about ANY product, search the forum, there are threads about all kinds of product, good & bad, with varied opinions from all.

    Yvonne, as a good business person would know it comes with the territory. You can't please everyone. And negative feedback is as valuable as positive...it makes you strive for better!
    I fully agree. However, nobody has the right to post about other people and their private business without permission fullstop. All forums have guidelines and rules.

  13. #58
    Egg's Cracking... Clairey331's Avatar
    Name
    birdy
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    england
    Posts
    226
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Sorry, i ment to quote your last post merlins mum not Lees statement.

  14. #59
    First Baby Hatched!
    Name
    Lee
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,223
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 10 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clairey331 View Post
    I fully agree. However, nobody has the right to post about other people and their private business without permission fullstop. All forums have guidelines and rules.
    Actually, everyone who uses a service or business has the right to talk about them, and make review of them. If her business was 'private', then selling things to the general public would make it not so, surely?
    Product reviews are hardly uncommon, and somewhat expected of all business, in this instance that's all it was, an informed opinion to countebalance the overt amount of positive praise it was getting.
    That's as much 'my business, not yours' as posting a link encouraging people to buy from a store.
    This forum does have rules, and 'no advertising' is one of them, actually.
    Also, don't feel the need to pm me about this. There's really nothing to discuss, I made a statement, choose to believe it or not. That's your choice afterall. Try and remember though, nobody is going to be happy with a service just because you are, and picking apart and bashing someone because their opinion differs is, so far, all you've done in this thread.
    Last edited by leebee; 12-06-2009 at 06:10 AM.

  15. #60
    Tailfeather
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    6,397
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts

    Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

    Quote Originally Posted by Clairey331 View Post
    I fully agree. However, nobody has the right to post about other people and their private business without permission fullstop. All forums have guidelines and rules.
    Not true. She sells to the PUBLIC. Any product I buy, I search for reviews from other consumers, I research to see if it has all the qualities I want, if it was worth the money, etc. You don't see good companies bashing customers for voicing their opinions. There are review sites all over the internet.

    As I said a good business person WELCOMES all comments....they are valuable tools to better your business & product.

    And you are furthering the negativity here....Yvonne can speak for herself, I'm sure. And I am sure she has received some emails from happy & unhappy customers alike. Normal business. And I am sure she takes them all seriously, as to serve your customers effectively you must hear their concerns. I have checked Yvonne's website/store. It is very nice. Her toys do look good. She strives for professionalism. And I'm willing to bet she knows all this...good business people do.
    You fighting with potential customers on here will do NOTHING to help her business.

    By the way, Yvonne is all over the internet posting links to her business in parrot forums...that IS advertising. Which is just fine, if said forums allow it. If you advertise, you are public, and open to review.
    Last edited by ~Lori~; 12-06-2009 at 06:21 AM.

    Surrounded by people who love life, you love it too;
    surrounded by people who don't, you don't.
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Remove Ads

Similar Threads

  1. Diet Enrichment...
    By Naava in forum Budgie Care, Feeding, Dangers, Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 02:01 PM
  2. Awesome parrot enrichment e-book
    By McDenny in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-27-2008, 02:13 PM
  3. GCC Enrichment
    By Nutterly_Uts in forum Conures
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-25-2007, 07:19 AM
  4. Parrot Enrichment and Activity Book<pdf >
    By Mysticalwings in forum Homemade Bird Toys/Recipes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-27-2007, 10:55 AM
  5. Enrichment
    By Mysticalwings in forum Homemade Bird Toys/Recipes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 05:04 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Message BoardNetwork Home