where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

The point is, is that she isnt a COMPANY, people are welcome to ask others for advise when buying products from whereever it is they get them however, this was a debate before her private matter was discussed. If Lee was that concerned and intrested he should have privatley asked opinions from people who have brought from her, without having to mention them on a public forum. It shuld have been discussed with Yvonne to see if in fact he had the right information before he wrote something he had just "heard", giving somebody a bad name for something that might not of actually happened. Where is the fairness in that. Yvonne is extremley busy at the moment.

Of course she welcomes feedback good or bad, but never on a public forum. You know what im saying guys.

First Baby Hatched!
    Name
    Lee
    Thanks

As I said to you in PM, Clairey;
    Actually, you'll find that selling things on the internet does make it a business. If she did it for free, then no she wouldn't be, but as it stands she makes profit from her toys. Selling things for money makes you a business.
    As she is in the UK, I'll link you to http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/cons.../page8600.html as a starting point in your research to how Pine4parrots is a business.
    If Lee was that concerned and intrested he should have privatley asked opinions from people who have brought from her, without having to mention them on a public forum.
    Again, you seem to have missed the part where I mention a person who has very positive experiences with Pine4parrots?

Tailfeather
    Thanks

A business is a company. Whether one person making toys to sell from home, or a factory mass producing.....both businesses, both companies.

Yvonne posts HER negative opinions of various other companies products on PUBLIC forums....do you need me to post links (Happy Huts, rope perches are an example)?? If it is ok for her to do that, she must accept the same. Why? Because as consumers it is our RIGHT...as it is hers. She had no problem posting negatively about this ebook and the person who wrote it(...put together by someone very knowledgeable, who owns several large parrots...who took her own time, researched and developed this book for FREE to share with the parrot lovers in the world)...yet she thinks it unfair that someone post about her products?
    Last edited by ~Lori~; 12-06-2009 at 06:34 AM.

Surrounded by people who love life, you love it too;
    surrounded by people who don't, you don't.
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

First Baby Hatched!
    Name
    Lee
    Thanks

Why? Because as consumers it is our RIGHT...as it is hers.
    Exactly, Lori Ann.
    As much, Claire, as you seem not to want to accept it, Pine4parrots is a business. As consumers we have the right to share our experiences with a business, and it's products, especially when the owner of said company can make such overtly critical remarks about other people's products, and the consumers use of the products in question.
    I fail to see how any comment I have made is any different to the comments both she and you have made on this forum?

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

She only says what she believes is the best for your birds, she doesnt name drop deliberatley!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clairey331 View Post
    I fully agree. However, nobody has the right to post about other people and their private business without permission fullstop.

check. so yvonne warning everyone here about the absolute dangers of different toys (you know, ones that are made by PEOPLE) is okay..... got it. then that means all those consumer review forums out there are breaking lots and lots of rules, because criticisms abound in them.... heck, even hotel reviews are bad, then. ah, the perfect world is a wonderful place.

(sorry to be repetitive about this quote - i stopped reading when i saw it..... )
    Last edited by crouton; 12-06-2009 at 06:52 AM.

First Baby Hatched!
    Name
    Lee
    Thanks

If Lee was that concerned and intrested he should have privatley asked opinions from people who have brought from her, without having to mention them on a public forum. It shuld have been discussed with Yvonne to see if in fact he had the right information before he wrote something he had just "heard", giving somebody a bad name for something that might not of actually happened. Where is the fairness in that.
    This comment bothered me, actually.
    I have the right to discuss what I have 'heard' because the fact of the matter is that Pine4parrots is a business, I don't have to discuss it with her anymore than she had to discuss the original comment she made about the Enrichment ebook;
    sorry to burst the bubble, but the author of this book has done no research on what is safe for our birds, and lots of items she uses are dangerous.
    Are you telling me that she PM'd the OP of this thread asking for their permission to, what was in effect, slag off their product, which in this case is a totally free product at that.
    All I said was that I knew of someone who had a problem with the service and product they had purchased from her, I did not make overtly derogatory remarks about something as she has done herself.
    I think this is both becoming unfair, and verging on derailing a thread.
    Last edited by leebee; 12-06-2009 at 07:00 AM.

Tailfeather
    Thanks

Actually, when a business/company, flea market vendor, whomever...comment negatively about a competitor, I walk away. If your product can't stand on it's own without bashing another, I don't want it.

~Mignon McLaughlin

Think before typing Tailfeather
    Thanks

Brand New Egg
    Name
    tony
    Thanks

Im really sorry that this will be my opening post here,as i dont wish to come across as being argumentative,or here to cause trouble,but i was directed here by a friend who saw yvonnes comments,which i find very condescending and hypocritcal,and i think someone else touched on the rope toys,yvonne infact reported on several parrot forums,that these were unsafe,whilst selling them herself,and even after alerting members to the dangers,offered them in a sale to get rid of her stock,why if you knew yvonne how dangerous they were,didnt you remove them from sale??? i also remember a thread you joined in on,where you have stated,that OAPs and unemployed people that use free pet aid veterinary services are scumbags and shouldnt own pets,when challenged about the amount of elderly people that only have the company of pets in their lives,whether it a little dog or a budgie,you answer was tough.....you are not welcomed at most of the forums i have seen you frequent,and it seems this one wil be no different,i did try to search your posts on the forum i am on about,but cant remember your user name,or i would have found it,in my opinion,your toys are very overpriced and nothing that anyone with a means of making a hole in wood couldnt do themselves,please accept my apologies admin,i simply could not help but register and have my say

regards tony

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

Your friendly admin! Tailfeather Community Administrator Dan's Avatar
    Name
    Daniel
    Thanks

Yvonne, im trusting you on this one! Let me know when youve made Jaffas toys! Oh and another site i would recommend is www.pine4parrots.co.uk people have a look!
    Please note that no advertisement is allowed on Tailfeathers, thanks!

And everyone, please tone it down. Rudeness is not allowed nor tolerated.

Tailfeather
    Thanks

Dan, if I make a new thread with the two Enrichment books, could you sticky & lock it, it is a good reference....and unsticky this thread to let it sink?? Please??

~Mignon McLaughlin

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

Can you actually prove i was trying to advertise her website?? Lots of others do similar things but nothing is ever mentioned?? Uuummmm wonder why.

Tailfeather
    Thanks

Can you actually prove i was trying to advertise her website?? Lots of others do similar things but nothing is ever mentioned?? Uuummmm wonder why.

Yvonne, im trusting you on this one! Let me know when youve made Jaffas toys! Oh and another site i would recommend is www.pine4parrots.co.uk people have a look!
    MAYBE because you are telling Yvonne (& us) to check out her OWN website. Not so cleverly disguised advertising.
    When someone says "Can you PROVE..." pretty much confirms guilt.

~Mignon McLaughlin

Remove Ads