where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

Re: Enrichment e-book. A must see!

I didnt mean to do that, i was typing quickly, it was ment to be posted in a seperate sentence for others.

Parrot chew toy! Maturing... 2cay2's Avatar
    Name
    Linda
    Thanks

Maybe this thread could be split??? Such a shame it's gone pear shaped!
    Linda x

Parrot Species

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

AKA 'Follyfoot Farm' Tailfeather
    Name
    Mel
    Thanks

LOL!!!! I must admit this is entertaining.

Lots of others do similar things but nothing is ever mentioned?? Uuummmm wonder why.
    Could we see PROOF of this acquisition? Lol

Before you ask, yes I am a b!tch...
    But I am an honest b!tch.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    yvonne
    Thanks

MELZA WROTE!!
    Journalists write what sells, they aim not to write for people, but for profit. They will do anything to get you going. If you believe everything you read in newspapers... you are very VERY naive.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    bird toy manufactures aim not to make toys for birds, but for profit, they will do anything to sell a toy, if you believe everything they say, then you are VERY naive.
    This also goes for vets, they tell you products are good, these are the products that THEY SELL!!

These same vets, expets as you say, also recommend natural veg tanned leather as safe, they cant be that clever if they were, they would know that some tannings are toxic to birds, so you would ned to know what the leather was tanned with befor you could class it as safe.
    Also these experts say newspaper is safe, just because the inks are safe, does not mean the paper is safe, other things are added in the printing process.
    Where is there evidence to say, that newspaper is safe, as I said, it is not just about the inks.
    And what about all the germs on the newspaper, it may leave the printers in sterile condition (with chemicals) but its the journey after that.
    It goes in several vans, it is loaded and un loaded, thrown in piles on the floor outside the shop, picked up and put for sale, delivered by newspaper boys, all these hands, ARE THEY CLEAN!!
    If you purchase it from a supermarket, it is put on your trolly, then on the moving belt, places where raw meat could have been, this is the kind of germs that can pass on salmonella, e-coli etc...
    Then you give it to your bird.

SAMMIT WROTE ok you say "dirty" phone books.. really tell me the difference between the phone book and a piece of timber from the hardware or lumber yards that hes been near toxins and pollutants from the surrounding woods? or the fumes from the cars and forklifts that are used to transport it. not to mention the HUNDREDS of people who have touched that piece of wood before it gets to me. so tell me whats the difference?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I buy my wood in SEALED packs from B&Q it is extreamly clean, and from managed forests. I DO NOT go the wood yards and buy dirty wood.
    The wood is clean, but I still rub it all down, so if anything was present then it has been rubbed off, I also cut out ALL KNOTTS, so the wood you receive IS PERFECT!! And far better, cleaner, than any manufactured toy

LEEBEE WROTEI
    for one know of at least one person who wasn't happy with the quality of your toys, resulting in a refund being requested. That's beyond the point however, and I don't think your business has anything to do with the topic at hand.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    this is totally out of order, slagging off people weather in business or not, and can have legal implications,

as I have only ever had ONE!! request for a refund, and I know you know this person well, I can assume this is what you are talking about.
    First thing, the item WAS NOT one of my toys, the item was NOT actually on my website, I did a favour for this person, and sold them a stainless steel kabob, that they desperately wanted, this was from my own birds cupboard of toys, and she knew this.
    The kabob was new with label on, and sent to the customer.
    the person emailed me a few weeks later to say, their bird had trapped its nail in the kabob, and was now scared of it, (the kabob must have been to big for the said bird) and could they now have a refund.
    As it was stainless steel, and I could sterilise it, and put it back in my birds toy cupboard, I said yes and gave a refund.
    By law I didn’t have to give a refund, the product was fine, there was nothing wrong with it at all, and it had been used, but I gave a refund no problem.
    This person has bought from me several times since, and in fact I have the person on my order list now.

MERLINSMOM WROTE
    IKeep pushing Clairey. Lee would not post unless he had first hand info. He chooses to leave it as a general statement. And has said he hears good things about her toys, but knows of someone who was not happy, making the point that NO toy is 100% safe, or acceptable to all people or birds for that matter. Happens with all companies. And we have a right to post our opinions about ANY product, search the forum, there are threads about all kinds of product, good & bad, with varied opinions from all.
    Yvonne, as a good business person would know it comes with the territory. You can't please everyone. And negative feedback is as valuable as positive...it makes you strive for better!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry but I don’t except this what lee is saying, he is making it out that there was a complaint about my toys, and there never was, and I will be in contact with this customer, I am also seeking legal advise on how I stand.
    I am proud of the fact that I have had no complaints, all my customers are happy, so I am not going to let someone tell half truths, just for the hell of it.

LEEBEE WROTE
    Actually, everyone who uses a service or business has the right to talk about them, and make review of them. If her business was 'private', then selling things to the general public would make it not so, surely?
    Product reviews are hardly uncommon, and somewhat expected of all business, in this instance that's all it was, an informed opinion to countebalance the overt amount of positive praise it was getting.
    That's as much 'my business, not yours' as posting a link encouraging people to buy from a store.
    This forum does have rules, and 'no advertising' is one of them, actually.
    Also, don't feel the need to pm me about this. There's really nothing to discuss, I made a statement, choose to believe it or not. That's your choice afterall. Try and remember though, nobody is going to be happy with a service just because you are, and picking apart and bashing someone because their opinion differs is, so far, all you've done in this thread.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Lee you are misinformed, Your right to speak does NOT mean you have a right to lie, and mislead people. if you slander a person, the person you speak about has a right to stop you.

MERLINSMUM WROTE
    By the way, Yvonne is all over the internet posting links to her business in parrot forums...that IS advertising. Which is just fine, if said forums allow it. If you advertise, you are public, and open to review.
    A business is a company. Whether one person making toys to sell from home, or a factory mass producing.....both businesses, both companies.

Yvonne posts HER negative opinions of various other companies products on PUBLIC forums....do you need me to post links (Happy Huts, rope perches are an example)?? If it is ok for her to do that, she must accept the same. Why? Because as consumers it is our RIGHT...as it is hers. She had no problem posting negatively about this ebook and the person who wrote it(...put together by someone very knowledgeable, who owns several large parrots...who took her own time, researched and developed this book for FREE to share with the parrot lovers in the world)...yet she thinks it unfair that someone post about her products?
    Sorry but if you look closer, it is NOT me that posts links to my business on forums, it’s my customers, It is very rare I post links to my business, I have done it on hear on the happy hut thread, just to show how to make a safe happy hut.
    Yes I am classed as a business, yes people have a right to talk about my products, as they all do, but people DONT have a right to tell untruths, half truths, to slander a business.
    If your facts are correct, then you can print it,
    Last edited by pine4parrots; 12-06-2009 at 07:56 PM.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    yvonne
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jaffa View Post
    Im really sorry that this will be my opening post here,as i dont wish to come across as being argumentative,or here to cause trouble,but i was directed here by a friend who saw yvonnes comments,which i find very condescending and hypocritical,and i think someone else touched on the rope toys,Yvonne infact reported on several parrot forums,that these were unsafe,whilst selling them herself,and even after alerting members to the dangers,offered them in a sale to get rid of her stock,why if you knew yvonne how dangerous they were,didnt you remove them from sale??? i also remember a thread you joined in on,where you have stated,that OAPs and unemployed people that use free pet aid veterinary services are scumbags and shouldnt own pets,when challenged about the amount of elderly people that only have the company of pets in their lives,whether it a little dog or a budgie,you answer was tough.....you are not welcomed at most of the forums i have seen you frequent,and it seems this one wil be no different,i did try to search your posts on the forum i am on about,but cant remember your user name,or i would have found it,in my opinion,your toys are very overpriced and nothing that anyone with a means of making a hole in wood couldnt do themselves,please accept my apologies admin,i simply could not help but register and have my say

regards tony
    this is just laughable,
    Yes I sell rope, and I also warn about rope toys, ALL OVER MY SITE!! I tell them that rope toys are for SUPERVISED play only.
    for what reason should I not sell it.
    everyone else sellls it, everyone else sells rope toys, the difference is, THEY DONT WARN people about it. I DO!!

AND I HAVE NEVER EVER CALLED ANYONE A SCUMBAG, never wanted to until now

funny you seem to know all this, but cant remember my user name, I actually know the thread you are talking about, and I believe you got banned not long after that.
    it wasn't as you say, and it started because I was actually stopping someone from slagging off all the rescues, rspca, everything except the PDSA
    I just told people just how the pdsa works, and that I know people claiming from it that have lots of cash in the bank, so all people were doing when donating, where paying peoples vet bills, and some of these people had more money than them.

Cream of Cockatiel Tailfeather sammit's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Thanks

bird toy manufactures aim not to make toys for birds, but for profit, they will do anything to sell a toy, if you believe everything they say, then you are VERY naive.
    This also goes for vets, they tell you products are good, these are the products that THEY SELL!!
    did anyone say that they got their research solely from vets or toys? half the time i don't even bother to look at them and make my own toys out of what i know is safe.

And what about all the germs on the newspaper, it may leave the printers in sterile condition (with chemicals) but its the journey after that.
    It goes in several vans, it is loaded and un loaded, thrown in piles on the floor outside the shop, picked up and put for sale, delivered by newspaper boys, all these hands, ARE THEY CLEAN!!
    i worked for a large newsagent company. my store, counter tops, paper bundle machines and its papers were disinfected daily. still you forget to tell me the difference between that and your birds eating things off the floor of their cage or even from inside your house. they still contain germs. you cant get away from that fact.

buy my wood in SEALED packs from B&Q it is extremely clean, and from managed forests. I DO NOT go the wood yards and buy dirty wood.
    The wood is clean, but I still rub it all down, so if anything was present then it has been rubbed off, I also cut out ALL KNOTS, so the wood you receive IS PERFECT!! And far better, cleaner, than any manufactured toy
    wood happens to be one of the most porous of materials. by you cleaning it you may have introduced molds and bacteria into the wood grain itself resulting in anything from rot and fungus to making the wood inhabitable for insects. also anyone can cut knots out of the wood so don't think yourself special. i know my birds prefer the knots so they have something to chew on.

Yes I am classed as a business, yes people have a right to talk about my products, as they all do, but people DONT have a right to tell untruths, half truths, to slander a business.
    this is the internet. i could say you ate a steaming pile of dog sh*t for breakfast and you couldn't do anything about it. different laws in different countries my dear.

Yes I sell rope, and I also warn about rope toys, ALL OVER MY SITE!! I tell them that rope toys are for SUPERVISED play only.
    you also miss-spell, have poor grammar and i personally wouldn't buy off any site that cant spell the word "here", "opinion" or "tissue" correctly. this is your own business site, heard of a spell check? if you don't believe me HERE's the page with all three spelling mistakes on it. i believe if i tried hard enough around the rest of your site i dare say i would find some more.

http://pine4parrots.co.uk/toymakingideas.aspx

"im now under the impression that sarcasm is the body's natural defence against stupid" - sam

http://sammitshomecooking.blogspot.com/

What a marshmallow Hatching ashie's Avatar
    Name
    Ashleigh
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pine4parrots View Post
    this is just laughable,
    everyone else sellls it, everyone else sells rope toys, the difference is, THEY DONT WARN people about it. I DO!!.

Well a lot of people use newspaper too... So what reason should I not then use it!
    One minute your all about bird safely which at first i was over the moon to hear.. But now its like if others do it then its fine for you too...*sigh* now you contradicting yourself
    Last edited by ashie; 12-06-2009 at 11:44 PM.
    Hunting is not a sport. In a sport, both sides should know they're in the game. ~Paul Rodriguez

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melza View Post
    LOL!!!! I must admit this is entertaining.

Could we see PROOF of this acquisition? Lol
    Uuummm

http://www.tailfeathersnetwork.com/c...456#post735456

YES!

Parrot chew toy! Maturing... 2cay2's Avatar
    Name
    Linda
    Thanks

Oh dear, it seems Pine4parrots thinks everything she says is right and everybody else is wrong (oh and Clairey too). What a blinkered veiw of things!

It could be argued that pine is unsafe if you really wanted too. It does contain toxic phenols after all. They are known to cause liver damage in pets and thought to cause cancer as well.
    Linda x

Parrot Species

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name
    birdy
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 2cay2 View Post
    Oh dear, it seems Pine4parrots thinks everything she says is right and everybody else is wrong (oh and Clairey too). What a blinkered veiw of things!

It could be argued that pine is unsafe if you really wanted too. It does contain toxic phenols after all. They are known to cause liver damage in pets and thought to cause cancer as well.
    Linda, where in any part of this thread, did i say i thought i knew everything and that everybody else is wrong?

Im glad theres people like Yvonne to advise me on what her findings are and why, this is all discussed over the phone. She has taught me a few good lessons on various things. I am very grateful for her advise and knowledge.

I can not PROVE newspaper is dangerous, as we probably will never really know. I just listen to others and try to change things for my birds safety.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    yvonne
    Thanks

SAMMIT WROTE
    you also miss-spell, have poor grammar and i personally wouldn't buy off any site that cant spell the word "here", "opinion" or "tissue" correctly. this is your own business site, heard of a spell check? if you don't believe me HERE's the page with all three spelling mistakes on it. i believe if i tried hard enough around the rest of your site i dare say i would find some more.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Oh thank you so much for that, its nice to know that you have been on my site with every intention of pulling it to bits, and all you have found is spelling and grammar errors, which is irrelevant to the good work I do.
    Who needs a spell check when I have narrow minded people to point these out for me.
    If you find any more please let me know, I will correct them when I have nothing better to do.
    Thank you

Cream of Cockatiel Tailfeather sammit's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Thanks

you're welcome!

"im now under the impression that sarcasm is the body's natural defence against stupid" - sam

http://sammitshomecooking.blogspot.com/

Tailfeather
    Thanks

About Vegetable tanning leather...it is not done with vegetables, but actually veg-tanning is a process which uses the "tannins" from the leaves and bark of trees (usually the oak or chestnut tree). You can't tan leather with actual vegetables.
    http://www.leathernet.com/tanning.htm
    Vegetable tanning uses tannin (this is where the name tanning comes from). Tannin occurs naturally in bark. The primary barks used in modern times are chestnut, oak, tanoak, hemlock, quebracho, mangrove, wattle and myrobalan. Hides are stretched on frames and immersed for several weeks in vats of increasing concentrations of tannin. Vegetable tanned hide is flexible and is used for luggage and furniture.
    Not meaning to pick...I was curious, so researched. I buy vegetable tanned cord....
    Everything I found said the same as above.
    Last edited by ~Lori~; 12-07-2009 at 03:48 AM.

Surrounded by people who love life, you love it too;
    surrounded by people who don't, you don't.
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Name
    Mel
    Thanks

These same vets, expets as you say, also recommend natural veg tanned leather as safe, they cant be that clever if they were, they would know that some tannings are toxic to birds, so you would ned to know what the leather was tanned with befor you could class it as safe.
    Also these experts say newspaper is safe, just because the inks are safe, does not mean the paper is safe, other things are added in the printing process.
    Where is there evidence to say, that newspaper is safe, as I said, it is not just about the inks.
    If you purchase it from a supermarket, it is put on your trolly, then on the moving belt, places where raw meat could have been, this is the kind of germs that can pass on salmonella, e-coli etc...
    Then you give it to your bird.
    I am impressed that you know more than a qualified vet. What did you base your research on? The internet and old library books? Do you REALISE how fast science is moving? What was good last year may not be relevant this.

still you forget to tell me the difference between that and your birds eating things off the floor of their cage or even from inside your house. they still contain germs. you cant get away from that fact.
    THIS

I am actually shuddering a little bit. I am not quite sure you understand the physiological systems of birds (or mammals for that matter. I have touched on human physiology at Uni, and only know the basics but still...) Your OVER concern over the sterility and 'cleanliness' of your toys is worrying. I trust you understand how immune systems work? That in order to gain immunity you must be exposed to bacteria and viruses. Bubble wrapping yourself and your birds and freaking if you bird should so much as come into contact with a surface that MAY have be contaminated by a foreign virus (by that statement, I mean it in a general sense, not the negative one that will come to your head. the virus is assumed not to be deter mental to the birds health) is NOT healthy. You may think you are protecting them, but you are not. Do you not realise how you are compromising their immune system? To the point that when they get older and DO experience a virus, it will affect them to a far greater extent.

but people DONT have a right to tell untruths, half truths, to slander a business.
    People have a right to express their opinions. If you dont like it, then fix the reason for the "slander".

Oh thank you so much for that, its nice to know that you have been on my site with every intention of pulling it to bits, and all you have found is spelling and grammar errors, which is irrelevant to the good work I do.
    Irrelevant. If I were to go to a website with intention of purchasing goods, I would expect a professional website. If the person could not spell, and could not even be bothered to spell check, I would assume laziness or ignorance. Dont like it? I am sorry, but that is how I see it. The website is a prospective buyers only way of judging if they will like the product. first impressions are lasting.
    If you find any more please let me know, I will correct them when I have nothing better to do.
    And then you get this kind of attitude when someone tries to point out a flaw that needs fixing.
    In this instance, for the good of your business (and I am speaking sincerely) PLEASE change your attitude towards the spelling on your website. It DOES look unprofessional, and will drive people away.

Name
    Mel
    Thanks

I have lots more to add to this page, so please call back to see how i am getting on, it is all essential reading, it may safe your birds life.
    This. I am sorry, but reading this instantly turns me away. You come across as arrogant. Can I now ask what qualifications you actually have. What makes your website any different from all the other useless websites out there?

Remove Ads