Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: YAY!!.... my WF is a male!!.....

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Isabel
    Thanks

YAY!!.... my WF is a male!!.....

Iīm so excited!!..... i just foudn out my WF pied is a male.......YAY!!

for some time I thought he was a female as he hadnīt singed at all, just chirped like my female Maui, until yesterday....... he was vocalizing....... and it was so cute!! nothing especific but Iīve always been whislting to him to see if he would sing back........now Iīll do it more often hehe.........(can you tell Iīm happy )

today morning I woke up with a grin on my face listening to him singing some tiel made up tunes...... LOL

itīs still a long shot but now I canīt wait for when the times comes and he can have babies with Maui..... but still not sure......as I have to yet find if my other pied is a male.......

what would you think would be a nice pairing......
    Maui: cinnamon pied female (vey lightly pied, just a few flights and a patch near the rump)

WF(still unnamed, name suggestions welcome): White face pied, rather heavy but not that much.....I think one of the parents was completely white, but not sure on that one.....

Jack (I know boy name but even if sheīs a she i īll keep the name): Normal Pied, one parent was an albino and the other was almost lutino just a few splotch on the back.....so heavy pied or more so reverse pied? aaaand I think split pearl as I can see some sort of pearls in some wing feathers but not sure if pearls or just because of the pied........

Name
    Keith
    Thanks

Re: YAY!!.... my WF is a male!!.....

I am a little lost here as too how many birds there actually are here. 4 altogether I am assuming right.
    Okay with the Whiteface Pied(the one you just determined was a boy)
    with Maui the Whiteface cinnamon pied you will get
    Male offspring: 100% Whiteface pied split to Cinnamon
    female offspring:100% Whiteface Pieds.
    In regrads to "Jack" He is a pied and one parent was Whiteface Lutino(Albino) and someone was almost Lutino(This bird is either all Lutino or it isn't) There is no half and half(Please find out if you can so we can fully help you)[Note: I know you said a heavy or reversed pied but Pied is Pied on the chart,unless it was a Lutino Pied]. The Lutino parent could have been a Lutino but possibly split to something if that is what you originally meant. Now you mentioned "Jack" looking to have had some pearling in the wings. Boys once they moult their first or second time will lose the pearls .So my point is "Jack may not be split to pearl it sounds to me he was a visual pearl Pied so the offspring should all be visual provided Jack did indeed have some pearling( Somebody else PLEASE correct me if I am wrong with the pearl thing).
    Also Jasmine(WfPied) and Jack these are two different birds,Correct?
    Anway I want to say that because Jack is a normal bird verses Jasmine the WFPied who is a whiteface all offspring SHOULD be normal in appearance but should be split to whiteface and Pearl,Pied and Lutino(depends on who "Jack" got that from). If from Jack's father the babies from Jack and Jasmine(I am inserting name to make it easier in reading) would possibly be split(or visual) but if Jack's mother was a lutino than Jack could have gotten it from fer(unless I am totally wrong here I think jack could have the lutino either way)(If Jack is a boy)
    [I(not Isabel) have a pair that is a whiteface male(Sundance) split to Lutino,Cinnamon and pearl and the hen(Pearl) is a Lutino(supposedly split to whiteface,she is not by the way) anyway
    I get Lutinos with red and black eyes, whiteface gray, whiteface pearl, Normals Grays(in appearance) and normal pearls. So my point is that (Jack) could either have inhereted the Lutino from mom or dad as a split.
    I also have a normal pearl hen(Cleopatra) and a Whiteface pied pearl(Axel) split to Cinnamon. So far I have gottn only normal pearls(one boy, one girl) Boy pearl whistles up a storm.
    I was demonstrating how the normal versus Whiteface works(for me with my birds)

Since Jasmine is a whiteface Pied and Jack's parents are a Whiteface Lutino(Albino) and a lutino I would atleast saftely assume any babies would definately get the wf(either as a visual or split) and pearl and Pied for sure.
    I can not really tell you what you would get because without knowing if Jasmine or Jack are really boy and girl or both boys or both girls the results would not be the same if both were girls. If both were boys than they could at least possess these genes or splits but it wont do you any good.
    Unless you used Maui as your only female and used all three males to breed to her(at seperate times). Or purchase two more birds but than you would be back where you started.

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Isabel
    Thanks

thanks, but actually there are just 3 birds......all separated still but I wanted to clear a few things up

Maui: my only assured female so far is ONLY cinnamon pied......
    Jack: (gender still unknown) is a Pied, but much heavier than Maui (I know any Pied is still a pied, but wanted to be more specific)
    "Jasmine" (as you called): is my confirmed MALE he is a White face Pied.....

Jackīs parents were one an albino (completely white) and the other I mentioned as lutino indeed was a pied but just so heavy you could almost believe lutino......sorry for the confusion there.....

so I have 1 female Maui, 1 male "Jasmine" (unnamed WF) and 1 Pied (undeterminded gender) Jack........

I might as well, If hubby breaks in.....LOL...... get another female if Jack is a male afterall, but in case I canīt I wanted to know what pairing would you think would give me more variety in babies....... Maui and WF or Maui and Jack.......

I sooooo need a name for "Jasmine"......LOL

Name
    Keith
    Thanks

Okay thanks for clearing that up I was a tad confused. Okay what I don't understand is how Jack is a normal pied when he has a Whiteface Lutino(Albino and a Lutino Pied as parents but that is genetics for me. What throws me off is that Jacks mother was an albino or Whiteface Lutino and dad was Lutino pied but this is what I got. I am assuming Jack would be at least split to whiteface so I added it in and this is what I got For Jack and Maui:
    Male Offspring:
    25% Pied split to Whiteface{X1: Lutino Pearl} {X2: Cinnamon}
    25% pied split to Whiteface{X2: Cinnamon}
    25% Pied split to{X1: Lutino Pearl}{X2: Cinnamon}
    25% Pied split to{X2: Cinnamon}

Female Offspring
    25% Pied Lutino Pearl split to Whiteface
    25% Pied split to Whiteface
    25% Pied Lutino Pearl
    25% Pied
    Again I am not sure If Jack inhereted the Lutino, or Whiteface I am assuming he did.If Jack did this is what you would get from Jack and Maui

I am using Maui and Jasmine(male) If this male has no known splits than this is what you will get
    Male Offspring
    100% Pied split to Whiteface{X2:Cinnamon}
    Female Offspring
    100% Pied split to Whiteface

Using Jasmine(male) and jack you could get
    Male Offspring
    Female Offspring

I also wanted to remind you that you said "Jack" looked like he could have had Pearl on the wings. You do know Female Pearl cockatiels keep their pearling Right? Males lose their pearls after they moult. So I was kind of thing Jack was a boy. If that is the case he would definately be split to pearl, pied and if he inhereted the WF or the Lutino from either mom or dad he could be split to those as well. As I posted above here mating Jack and Maui would give some awesome birds in my opinion. So what are you waiting for go get that DNA test, lol especially for Jack. Hope that helped(and I hope I was right with the info I gave).

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Isabel
    Thanks

unfortunalety we donīt have any DNA testers where I live.......... but I too canīt wait to se what will Jack give me either being male or female....... I want to know too what was passed on to he.......... thanks for your replies

about who was the mother/father I have no clue....... so I guess Iīll have to wait till babies arrive........... I will keep posted when/if I do breed and what mutations come up..........