Here is a list I found on another site regarding the foods that a Budgie can and can't have I thought I would pass it on.....

Suggestions or comments?

Here is the link.....
budgie-love0.tripod.com/b.../id14.html

Fresh Fruit for Budgie

In order to ensure that your budgie is recieving sufficient nutrition, fresh fruit and vegetables must be served in addition to your budgies seed food.

Safe Fresh Fruit
================

pineapples
apples
apricots
bananas
pears
blackberries
strawberries
figs
raspberries
cherries
kiwi fruit
tangerines
melons
oranges
peaches
grapes

Safe Vegetables
===============

eggplant
enive
green peas and shells
small amounts of ffennel and cucumber
young dandelion greens
sweet ccorn at the milky stage
beet greens
carrots
unsprayed lettuce
green peppers sorrel
spinach leaves
tomatoes
zucchini

Unsuitable Fresh Foods
======================

raw and green potatoes
green beans
lettuce sprayed with pesticides
grapefruit
rhubarb
plums
lemons
avocados

Convincing Budgie that Fresh Foods are Good
===========================================

Because they are such copycats, the best way to get your budgie to eat his or her fresh food is to eat it yourself and immensly enjoy it. Start with sweet fruit such as strawberries or melon so that when your budgie does taste it for the first time he or she gets the flavour right away. During play time bring over some fruit and eat it infront of your bird and rave about how good it is. Smacking and licking ones lips doesn't hurt either. Repeatedly offer your budgie the fruit, but don't shove it in their faces. Eventually, curiosity will win and your budgie will decide to taste the fresh food. This method is most effective for tamed birds who consider themselves human. For a wild budgie (untamed) you may consider feeding another budgie fruit infront of him.