where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Name
    Mary
    Thanks

Re: The Eclectus Journey

Happy 8 wks little guy!

I watch this thread every time I log on. Meredith - you've given me the bug again. I had backed off a bit on my dream of an eclectus, but you've resurrected that dream! I'm even looking into local breeders... hubby will thank you. LOL
    Mary, Cosmo, Kaylaur, Perry & Tyler, and Spaz (temporary foster). And we can't forget the furry kids Pepper & Chewy!

R.I.P. My Zuben Fledgeling LovelyNickie's Avatar
    Name
    Nicole
    Thanks

Meredith......all I can say is that he is SOOOOOOOO adorable! I mean ... what a cute baby!!!! !
    RIP my sweet Zuben 11/19/07

Name
    Meredith
    Thanks

Well - the plans are made!!!! I will be going to visit the baby tomorrow (Wednesday). I will of course come back with more stories on our visit and new pictures of him and possibly a short video for you all to see.
    Meredith

Egg's Cracking... prissyCrissie's Avatar
    Name
    Crissie
    Thanks

awwww thanks SOO much for the pictures
    he's just gorgous!!!! and he's quiet a handsome little fellow lol
    :P ***LOVE***

Queen of the World Chick baaaad_kitty's Avatar
    Name
    Katherine
    Thanks

ooh speaking of names!! here are a few suggestions:

Herman
    Boris ( i wanted to name my hedgehog that but found out i would be getting a girl)
    Norman
    Albert (Einstein)
    Help my eggs hatch! Click them!
    Visit my Scroll HERE Help them hatch!

Name
    Meredith
    Thanks

Hey Guys:
    I am back from the breeders and we had another awesome visit!!! I am sad to report there will be no pictures or video until our next visit. I have a cold and really feel awful, my brain is not with me today and I forgot to take the camera. I remembered about 20 minutes away from my house and I was just to far to turn around. Believe me I was pretty upset myself when I finally remembered. I even charged up the camera battery overnight, but forgot the camera.

Anyway, our visit was wonderful!!!! It has been 5 days since I have seem him last and my has he grown. He really was much bigger!!!!! He is still as sweet and adorable as can be. His walking is getting much better and he was cruising around the bottom of one of the play gyms. He is even finally starting to get a hold of perching. Today was the first time that he actually tried. He still has a bit of figuring out about the perching, but it was much better and was actually perching on my finger for a few minutes.

Today we played with some of the toys and I showed him a bell and he sure did like it. He3 kept going after it making it ring - it was very cute. he was out with the female Ekkie, 2 baby greys, and 2 young african caps and they were all having a good time. We also had some one on one time and he was just a love bug. I held him in my arms again and he was just perfectly content laying there and fell alsleep again. When he is in my arms he is perfectly still just enjoying the time together. I also got to fed him some pellets and his just ate them as fast as he could.

I just love this little guy - he is so sweet and kind. He has the most gentle eye in the world, he is a true gem and truly look forward to his home coming and spending many years with him. He is a one of a kind guy and just so darn sweet.
    Meredith

Think before typing Tailfeather
    Thanks

Oh, he sounds so cute! I love that he snuggles and falls asleep in your arms... When do you see him again? I would love pictures!

Four More Babies Hatched! Jojo's zoo's Avatar
    Name
    Joanna
    Thanks

Wow, he's a good eater, huh? Maybe this is a dumb question, but if he likes his pellets so much, wouldn't he be almost weaned? I mean if he likes them?

Name
    Meredith
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo's zoo View Post
    Wow, he's a good eater, huh? Maybe this is a dumb question, but if he likes his pellets so much, wouldn't he be almost weaned? I mean if he likes them?
    He along with the other babies get the pellets, however they are soaked in hot water, and more like mush then the regualr "hard pellets" they get them on top of the hand feeding formula and are handfed a few of them a day. Not really like weaning, more of a treat.
    Meredith

Name
    Mary
    Thanks

Sorry to hear you're not feeling well Meredith. "Tis the season, I guess.

Well, I suppose that if anybody or anything could cheer you up, it would be the trip to the breeders! Sounds like you had another wonderful visit! What a wonderful Christmas you (and me, and all of us here following this thread ) are in for!

He really does sound like such a darling cuddlebug!
    Mary, Cosmo, Kaylaur, Perry & Tyler, and Spaz (temporary foster). And we can't forget the furry kids Pepper & Chewy!

Name
    Meredith
    Thanks

I am so excited for this weekend - I will be going back to see my baby again on Friday and it would have been over a week since I have seen him last. I miss the little bugger so much and am so excited about going to see him .

I decided to wait for the weekend and to go out and see him on Friday because I will be able to leave to see him eariler and plus they are open later on Friday and we will have much more time together. Normally I am there with him for 1-2 hours, but that still isn't enough time . Knowing me I will probably be there until closing with the little guy.

This time I will definitely remember to take my camera and get tons on new pictures of him and possibly a short video too. Last week he had definitely grown some from the week before that the pictures were take, so I'll be interested to put the 2 pictures together and see the size difference.

Needless to say I just cannot wait until Friday.
    Meredith

Parrot chew toy! Maturing... 2cay2's Avatar
    Name
    Linda
    Thanks

Re: The Eclectus Journey with updates and pics.

OMG a video would be great ooo and loads of pics
    I'm so excited for you
    Linda x

Parrot Species

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name
    Meredith
    Thanks

Thanks Linda, I am very excited too! It's been over a week since I have seen him last it it feels like it has been a year. I just cannot wait until Friday I am so excited. Friday is just a day away, but it feels so much longer then that.

I will definitely get tons of pictures this visit and possibly a video. I will without a doubt remember to take my camera. I have always made a note reminding myself to take my camera and put it on my fridge so I just cannot forget.

I made him this really cool toy the other day for when he comes hom and it is really neat - I like it so much that I am actually going to make another one for Becca.
    Meredith

Name
    Meredith
    Thanks

I am back

We hand another totally awesome visit today! To start I was running really late today and ended up getting the store hours mixed around and I actually got there during closing, they let me hang out there with him while they did there nightly chores. Which was so nice of there, I ended up being there an hour with him.

When I got there he was moved into one of the larger cages with some of his hand feeding buddies and has alot more room, toys and such. He seemed very happy!!

When I got there I was so impressed with how much he has grown in a little over a week, he is definitely much bigger, but still the sweetest little love bug around. We got to play a bunch, I hand fed him some of his soaked pellets which he loved and I helpd him a bunch. He of course again fell right to sleep in my arms. I would walk around the store checking everyone else out and he was fast asleep. I also went over to my buddy the M2 Felix and we played, talked, he decided to stand on my shoulder and climbed up there all on his own, played in my hair and what not and during all of this, my baby was still just sleeping in my arms, it was adorable.

His walking is almost perfect infact, he was cruising along on those legs of his today. I was so proud of him, for the very first time he was able to perch on my finger. It wasn't perfect, but it was a start. He needed help getting his feet situated in the right place and was unbalanced, but an excellent start.

Anyway, enough with me babbling on and on - how about the pictures???

Here are a few pictures of him being a little shy of the camera, sometimes it takes a few minutes from his camera shyness to go away.

Here are some of him just exploring and checking things out.

And here are just some random cute pictures of him

And these ones here sort of look as if he is smiling

Big smile

These pictures here were all taken today at 10 weeks old - I hope you liked them.
    Meredith

Name
    Mary
    Thanks

Re: The Eclectus Journey (New pics on P.2)

*melt*

He's so beautiful! I LOVE the "big smile" pic! I love the colours (the gorgeous green with the splash of blue and red in the wings and tail areas). I love the big black beautiful eyes. I love the little black feet. I love the colouration of the beak. Oooohhhhh I am in love!

Awesome pics Meredith! Thanks for my "weekly fix".

Think before typing Tailfeather
    Thanks

Oh, I just love him already! My favorite is the first close up - what a darling!

His Royal Greyness' Mom Chick spoosrule's Avatar
    Name
    Melissa
    Thanks

Oh, Meredith, he is too cute for words! Think you could get someone to snap a picture of him sleeping in your arms? I bet that is just the cutest thing in the world.

Parrot chew toy! Maturing... 2cay2's Avatar
    Name
    Linda
    Thanks

Linda x

Parrot Species

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Name
    Laura
    Thanks

This may sound cheesy but I can see really well in these pics what you said earlier about his "kind face." (look at the 3rd pic!!! That's worth framing!) Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing them with us

made by sarin!

Ever Wishing... Hatching Bobbalou22's Avatar
    Name
    Bobbi
    Thanks

Awww! He is sooo cute!

Fly free Alex. I love you.
    Waiting over the rainbow bridge since 2/14/2009.

The ferretlady Teenager wolfysluv's Avatar
    Name
    Wolfy
    Thanks

Oh .. My ... Gawd! :slamming the desk with my hand: He is just too grogeous for words. I was not prepared. Oh my oh my oh my. You must be absolutely dyyyyyyyyyying waiting for him to grow. Good gosh. If that camera has a movie setting, use it! lol. They are only babies once, remember. I have only a few precious movies of baby Sunny, I wish I had more.
    Thank you thank you once again for this thread and for keeping it going.

What's he smell like?
    "WOLFY!"
    What?

Four More Babies Hatched! Jojo's zoo's Avatar
    Name
    Joanna
    Thanks

god, he's such an adsventurous little guy already! LOVE the formula face!!

Name
    Traci
    Thanks

He's so cute........... ( **** how i miss working there, being around all them babies, it was hard not wanting to take em all home ya know ) ( i love pic 3 & 16 the one with his head tilted )
    Last edited by Traci; 11-17-2007 at 08:16 AM.
    "It isn't a coincidence that both birds and angels have wings."

Name
    Meredith
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Traci View Post
    He's so cute........... ( **** how i miss working there, being around all them babies, it was hard not wanting to take em all home ya know ) ( i love pic 3 & 16 the one with his head tilted )
    I know exactly how you feel, I have recently starting thinking about when I finally get to bring home my baby that means I won't have to take the trips out there and that makes me sad to think about it. I have already told some of my friends that once my baby is home I will still make trips out there to visit my buddy Felix and everyone else, just not as often as I am now.
    Meredith

Banned Five Eggs Laid!
    Name
    Nathan
    Thanks

Oh my! What an adorable little guy Pics 3 and 5 are just breath taking, and are now saved on my comp lol

Kirby