Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Closing threads but no closure yet...

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Isabel
    Thanks

Closing threads but no closure yet...

*this was wrote to everyone involved in any discussion new or old, I just started with mine*

I think even if we argue and say things to each other, closing thread after thread is just leaving someone with somehting to say, I mean there really hasnīt been a closure to the topic.... and I think the closing of th threads is preventing it and thus causing another thread to pop up (just like this one)

for example the last thing directed to me was this :
    [QUOTE] exercised my right to have an opinion and i gave it..
    don't be offended by it
    learn to practice what your preaching...!
    [QUOTE]

and I was left out with my response to that....

I know you have your right to your opinion and thatīs ok, it was more of that way you stated it, it sounded harsh and a bit angry and upset.... but then again as I stated internet is difficult to interpret 100% things as they are thought, because we canīt interpret written words 100% as anyone had thought them....

second, Iīm not offended I just thought to let everyone know how I interpreted things.... I like to let anyone know wht I understanded before making any assumptions and then I can reply

third, practice what I preach: I totally understand you right of opinion and I respect that, agree or disagree on any matter, I try fully understand statements and moods....

by ending your sentence in "!" I assume you are "shouting" so I ask why is she being mad and shouting about it? maybe it was just to emphazise, but certainly I donīt know our intentions do I?....

but still I didnīt came here to yell back at you I just came here to state my opinion on the matter and to clear things out, while being polite and not rude...

so I really donīt understand why you say I donīt practice what I preach while I "let" you have and give your opinion and Iīm not offended by it, just saying there is a way to say things and to me you sounded mad, reasons I might not know, but hey we are here to talk civil and while we can argue about somthing we donīt have to be rude ifwe disagree....

we can talk and solve things it out, without having threads being closed, a minor arguing should be tolerated if we can fix things IMO... although insulting and that should not, being polite doesnīt mean you can argue on things, you can do both

*this was wrote to everyone involved in any discussion new or old*

Jack.........Cotton...........Maui

Name
    Mary
    Thanks

Re: Closing threads but no closure yet...

No disrespect meant, but in your CP User, there's something called "Buddy/Ignore" list. If somebody is annoying anybody that much, you can put them on "ignore" then all of their posts will be whited out to you.

There's also PM's if you must find closure.

I can't see anything good coming from this thread.

JMHO
    Mary, Cosmo, Kaylaur, Perry & Tyler, and Spaz (temporary foster). And we can't forget the furry kids Pepper & Chewy!

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Isabel
    Thanks

no one deserves me putting them on ignore as I donīt feel that bad or annoyed by anyone just wanted to clear that out, Iīm not mad at anyone....

and itīs not only me who needs closure it the arguing itself, the two sides involded (not just me ) can talk things out without turning it into a turmoil.... or at least those are my expectations from TF members.... we can be polite and still talk things out without being shut up

Jack.........Cotton...........Maui

Name
    Cara
    Thanks

Unfortunately, if that was the case threads wouldn't need to be closed. I think most people involved in these conflicts have the intention of resolving it in a mature and productive manner, but all it takes in one line to be read or interpreted in the wrong way or one rude/offensive/sarcastic comment to send things right off track and straight into dramatown.

I can understand the frustration you (and others) feel at having threads closed before they seem to be resolved, but I personally feel it's the best way to ensure things don't get completely out of hand when a conflict arises. Not meant to offend anyone, JMHO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Your friendly admin! Tailfeather Community Administrator Dan's Avatar
    Name
    Daniel
    Thanks

Isabel, you are right that everyone can discuss an issue politely. When issues are discussed politely, then as TF staff members, we have no problem at all with letting the thread continue. It is when people start getting rude and start attacking each other that letting the thread continue will just cause more problems for everyone, and that is when we close a thread.

It is because of this that we decided to close previous threads. Things started to get out of hand, and even in subsequent threads that were later posted that were friendly (or not), things got out of hand again. You have been perfectly civil in your post here, and we appreciate that, but when it comes to this issue, it is probably best to try to end it and anything further can be discussed by PMs. It is probably just a matter of time before things get heated in this thread again about the issue, and so to prevent even further rude arguments that have already occurred in the several threads that have come before this one on this same subject, I'm closing this thread.

As a message to all, I would like to once again encourage everyone to keep in mind how they are addressing others when discussing in debates; we certainly encourage debates, discussions, etc. even on hot issues, big problems, etc., but once things start getting nasty, that is when we unfortunately have to step in and close the discussion before it gets even worse and people really start getting out of hand and also getting really hurt. We want to keep Tailfeathers a friendly place for all, and I think that all of you realize that and appreciate that. Everyone can slip sometimes -- we can't be perfect all of the time, of course, and we all realize that. Overall, Tailfeathers is a great community of SO many great members, and I love that almost always, we are able to discuss light issues and also much hotter issues and problems while always being civil. It is a true community with lots of caring people. Let's just please try to keep in mind our tone in posts with hot issues and then we'll be even better.

As a last note to all, there have been several threads about this issue now already, and they have all been closed, and so we also ask to please try to now keep any further discussion about this via PM or simply try to move on from this issue and respect our decision to close the posts -- as much as we may not want to do it, this is the best solution to the problem. We appreciate it.

Edit: Cara right above put it much nicely. That is how I feel about this.