Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: could chick be blue? pics

Hatching
    Name
    juliet
    Thanks

Re: could chick be blue? pics

thanks, although mom is a recessive pied , i dont know what parent shows what but that chick is almoast identicle to the mom, does da have to be split to pied for that to happen?
    juliet
    im owned by merlin,[bird protecting cattle dog],2 budgies[beaker and punkinhead],25 silky chickens and 9very funny looking mixed breed bantam chix.

Name
    dayna
    Thanks

I'm not to sure on Genetics, but I think they are sooo cute.
    Dayna's Flock

Name
    lee
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anklebit View Post
    thanks, although mom is a recessive pied , i dont know what parent shows what but that chick is almoast identicle to the mom, does da have to be split to pied for that to happen?
    juliet

yes, normal is dominant to recessive.. so it seems your male is split blue and split recessive pied..

Caique Crazy! Tailfeather BareFootAviary's Avatar
    Name
    Briana
    Thanks

You have one Yellowface baby there also!
    "I'd rather be the one in love than to be loved and never even known."

Signature made by Emery!
    My Aviary's Website
    Current Parrot Jewelry in stock!

Hatching
    Name
    juliet
    Thanks

which one is yellowface, a green one?
    juliet
    im owned by merlin,[bird protecting cattle dog],2 budgies[beaker and punkinhead],25 silky chickens and 9very funny looking mixed breed bantam chix.

Name
    lee
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BareFootAviary View Post
    You have one Yellowface baby there also!

huh? where?

Caique Crazy! Tailfeather BareFootAviary's Avatar
    Name
    Briana
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by from209 View Post
    huh? where?
    Well, I guess it is hard to tell if it is for sure or not, but it looked like the baby with the light yellow and black wings had a light colored body (not a normal green...or was it?). I could be off my rocker, but I guess I didn't get a good view of its head.
    "I'd rather be the one in love than to be loved and never even known."

Signature made by Emery!
    My Aviary's Website
    Current Parrot Jewelry in stock!

Hatching
    Name
    juliet
    Thanks

hello thanks all, heres some new pics, oldest are 5 weeks, dad tryes to breed the oldest kids, we have some fighting probs here, heres the new pics, what do ya think, ?have a guy here to help speed up this laptop for me, my accountant has had my laptop for buisseness tax for a few days so i havnt been here, its really slow, well here they are,.

hope ya like them,
    juliet

Name
    dayna
    Thanks

aww they are sooo cute... the green ones look Identical... how do you tell them apart? And I don't think I fully understand what you wrote, why has "dad tryed to breed the oldest ones?" I don't understand, they are only 5 weeks!
    Dayna's Flock

Hatching
    Name
    juliet
    Thanks

hello,
    \the greens are alot alike, the oldest green , number 3 baby, is a light green fading big time into tourquise, the youngest one, number 4 baby, is light with a difused yellow i think and a small yellow spot on back of his neck like dad, as for dads thing....he is trying to mount the 2 oldest [girls i think, ] and then mom comes and fights with the baby. weird? i put them all in their one cages today, i shoped, 84 bucks in toys and supplyes, i love the petsmatr discount, i usually get one free toy cause of it, ill put them back with mom and dad for the night till their 6 weeks, all are eating good and drinking, and no begging from the parents, so early i thought, the parents seem relived , they fly to check on em, but dont seem to care much , the babys dont ask for food anymore, [the youngest sometimes,and dad will feed him a bite, well im happy wit them all, and all you for the help., ill get cage picks with babys soon,
    juliet

Name
    dayna
    Thanks

ooo now I get it... odd I wonder why the dad would do such a thing... the green youngest one sounds like a ressesive pied.. if it has a yellow patch on the back of the head... so is your daddy. Anywho good to know things are going good. Please keep us updated... have you decided then that you are keeping all four or what is going on?
    Dayna's Flock

Hatching
    Name
    juliet
    Thanks

im keeping the youngest, the others have homes, the oldest went today, he will be a freind for a nother bird thats been alone for 2 yrs, hes beautifull, yellow face, yellow spot on back of neck, and body is the weirdest dark blue,green,grey????? mabey dark mauve, never seen the color, hes beautifulllllll,
    they are caged in the same room separetly. but birdy the older guy was so happy to see the baby, the freind of mine took out some of birdys mirrors, and it seemed he thought . wow now the other birds are in that cage, she lives in a cool one room house, so the baby is in qt in the same room, but ive known the bird and hes healthy and happy. so no worrie about disease, [my opinion] hope to get them together soon, they will be in a big cage, two story,
    im so happy with the homes the babys will have, the others are still days away , one will go chritmas morning to a 6 yr old, but dad and grampaw were employees of mine when i had a pet store, and raised and hand fed moast of the conures and toos, so im not worried about it going to a youngster, also the bird is a lover, it will play with her and her toys, she has been helping me with the babys all along and wants one, she doesnt know she gets the bird yet, a suprise, im keeping the goofy one, he likes to eat paper and sticks, and hang upside down, [then needs rescue, ] were not sure hes right,hehe,
    juliet

Brand New Egg
    Name
    barrie
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by anklebit View Post
    ok got new pics, 2 days ago, the little buggers wont hold still, now what do you think?[besides the cute thing, haha]
    baby one

baby two

baby three

baby four

ok hope it worked, these guys are fun,
    juliet
    i like the first one a normal cobalt blue,if the down is white it will be a opaline,grey down a normal.

Hatching
    Name
    juliet
    Thanks

thanks barrie,
    i saw some of the pics you put on of your flock, beautifull, my machine is slow to see pics but i saw a bunch, back in this post are pics of the parents, they dont like the kids i have left and the last to go will be tomarrow, i moved the baby im keeping to the other side of the room, the hen bites them, the pair are thinking about doing it again, but still resting and playing outside the cage, the babys want to get to them but the hen isnt nice to them, its funny i ept a green like the dad and i still have a baby hen identicle to mom but cobalt [i think] instead of sky blue ressesive pied, i have a really mixed up clutch,
    hey glad you stayed around, you seem to have alot of knowledge and great set up there, welcome !!!!!!!!!
    juliet