Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: our tiel hates my wife i think

Thanks

our tiel hates my wife i think

we have had our tiel too for 3 months he is about 8 or 9 months old and he all of a sudden tries to peck at her if she tries to get him out of the cage and he makes a screetch and when i get him out he gives me a whistle. he used to love my wife and now all of a sudden its like errrrr roar.

Tailfeather Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! Lovebirdfan's Avatar
    Name
    Karen
    Thanks

Re: our tiel hates my wife i think

Sounds like he is choosing his 'mate'. To keep him from latching on to only one person, your wife needs to spend 'fun' alone time with him. Have her handle him when he is already out of the cage- and she should try giving him his favorite treats, singing to him, etc. with you out of the room and not within sight or ear shot.

If you haven't already done so, you and your wife might want to read this article:
    http://www.tailfeathersnetwork.com/b...n/behavior.php
    It will give some insight into birdie 'language'.

Thanks

ok we just got the results back and too too hi isnt a too too. she is a tee tee hahaha but maybe is that why she would feel threatend about my wife cuz she is protecting me.

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Anne
    Thanks

yes it could be i recommend that your wife spend as much time with her as possible

Name
    Laura
    Thanks

This happened with my cockatiel . We got her in the spring, and while she always had a liking towards my boyfriend over me, during the summer she suddenly decided she didn't like me and didn't want to step up or come out of the cage for me. Luckily that coincided with me starting a new job where I have monday off and my boyfriend doesn't. So every monday I had me and leeloo time. I would open the cage until she wanted to come out on her own and then I would give her treats after she did come out. I also made sure to spend time with her, even if she didn't want to come out. So even if your wife can just spend time in the same room as the bird. And have her give the bird some millet outside of the cage instead of just clipping it inside the cage. My bird is so much better now. She will still fly to my boyfriend when ever she sees him, but I can pick her up and pet her too, and she is very sweet when she is with me.

made by sarin!

Queen of her Flock Parent Sun_angel00's Avatar
    Name
    Cheryl
    Thanks

Bubba one of my WF Lutino bond to my husband a couple months before I moved in, she still doesnt always like me but somedays she will come around when she wants attention, which isnt all the time but 2-3 times a week and when she does she is a cuddle bug. But she is most deffiently bonded to my husband more then I. As is the 2 new guys we got as a rescue, if will touches me, hugs me or kisses me they go NUTS, they will let me scratch there heads and stuff but not Will no way.

Like everyone else says, spend time with her.
    "I will lend to you, a Bird", God said, "and teach you all you have to do. And when I call him back to heaven, you will know he loved you too."

Hatched!
    Name
    Kris
    Thanks

Ollie is my boyfriends bird and if Im not carefull he will get too attached.

I make sure that he gets time with just me, when my boyfriend is at work or out of the room. I also feed him as then ollie loves me for being the food bearer.

But hell always be a daddys boy.

Try getting her to feed him and have some alone time with him

Remove Ads