Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Silly Kibblie!

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

Silly Kibblie!

Well Kibblie and Wilbur are getting big now! They are 4 weeks old and have been jumping out of the nest box for the last couple of days. The bad thing is that once they jump out Flashy won't let them back in and won't feed them outside the nestbox. So all day I am watching and putting them back in, but Flashy doesn't seem to feed Wilbur as much as Kibblie. So now i am putting Wiblur in with Albe for short periods and he feeds him, so thats all good. But I am all freaked out that they will jump out and hurt themselves or starve like Sylvester, so I am constantly checking and always freeting. Today I went in town for two hours and was freaking the whole time because I was sure that they must have jumped out or something, they had already been out 4 times this morning! So when i got back home I hurried into the barn and was relived to see no babies on the ground or perches. But when I checked the nestbox Kibblie was laying near the door and looked like she was dying. She looked kinda flat like she had been sat on, and her eyes were droopy. When I tried to touch her she bit me (not that uncommon) and i quickly scooped her up, totally preparing myself for her dying in my hand hands when she popped up! Completaly normal perching on my finger! Again tonight when i checked on them she was laying like that to, then i tapped on the nest box and she stood up and streched. Do baby birds normally sleep like this? Looking like they are dying? Wilbur doesn't...! Maybe its because she is a girl? She looked like she had been stepped on, litterally flattend, head at a weird angle mouth open and eyes droopy, She definatly knows how to scare me! She acts completaly normal afterwards, and it apears to me she just sleeps like this....Just thought I would let you know what a little goof i ended up with! lol

Spank me...I iz naughty!! Tailfeather Sir Peter of Canada's Avatar
    Name
    Peter
    Thanks

Re: Silly Kibblie!

Quote Originally Posted by Albe View Post
    So when i got back home I hurried into the barn and was relived to see no babies on the ground or perches. But when I checked the nestbox Kibblie was laying near the door and looked like she was dying.
    You said in earlier posts that they were in your room...now they are in the barn?? Is your room in a barn??

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

Haha, no they are not in my room. My dad built me a little heated room/hut thing on our portch, right next to the house. We just call it the 'Critter Barn' because I have all my animals in it. So yah sometimes i call it the room or the barn, and some other things!

Hatching
    Name
    juliet
    Thanks

one of my chix always slept on his side with legs stretched out, i thought the same, ha, weird kids, hope all is ok,
    juliet
    im owned by merlin,[bird protecting cattle dog],2 budgies[beaker and punkinhead],25 silky chickens and 9very funny looking mixed breed bantam chix.

Remove Ads