Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Name
    Ashley
    Thanks

Somethings wrong with shadow!

She has been acting weird for a day now, First last night she fell off her perch 2x within about a min. I went to see if everything is ok, she seemed fine, so I watched her for a while before bed.. all was well.
    Now today all was well, until this afternoon, She started screaming and sort of twiching her head this happened 2x(one right after another), she ran across the top of the cage (all of the birds were out at this time) I went to see her, and pick her up, and she freaked out and ran away from me, which is very abnormal, I had to use a stick to get her where I could grab her, (I can't reach to the back of the flight) and so I got a hold of her, and when she started flapping her wings she'd start screaming!! I thought it might be a broken blood feather, so I toweled her and checked, no broken feathers... and now she's still acting weird.. Oh no.. I can't get into see a vet anytime soon either..
    any Ideas? I am at a loss here, and sick with worry... I have her sitting on my shoulder now as I type...

Name
    Sheila
    Thanks

Re: Somethings wrong with shadow!

im sorry i have no idea what it could be! i hope she will be ok! good luck! poor little thing.

Name
    Ashley
    Thanks

thanks sammiesmom.
    now she seems fine, except if I go near the wing she gets really upset and screams. ??
    hmm.. this is really wierd. I think I am going to watch her closely to see if anything else happends. But the worst part is, is that my parents Left to go out tonight... and they dont think the birds should go to the vet..

Tailfeather Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! Lovebirdfan's Avatar
    Name
    Karen
    Thanks

How is she doing now? Is the wing sore in one spot or all over? Does it seem like it could be broken? There may be a broken blood feather that is very close to the skin. Do you have a magnifying glass so you can check her?

Name
    Ashley
    Thanks

Update: she made it through the night ok. today she can flap the wing with out it hurting, I'm assuming because she's not screaching.
    Karen: The wing seems to be sore around the outer edge where she was having trouble with the feathers, There is no blood and I can't get her still enough to look close enough to see if its actually broken (the feather, the wing itself seems to be good, but sore). I am going to go and look for a magnifying glass now and see if I can find anything wrong with the wing... She is preening that wing now as I type, lol she's sitting on my leg, hehe
    the problem with shadow is that she's such a finiky bird, I have to towel her to see any part of her, she will only allow me to give her head rubs... if she's in the mood. thats about the extent of her...
    thanks for all of your help!

Name
    Sheila
    Thanks

sounds like maybe she just hurt the wing like a pulled muscle or something. definitely check real good to make sure theres no blood or anything.

Name
    Annie
    Thanks

I do hope she's better today.
    The thought of anything being wrong with my Monty is frightening, but I guess it will happen one of these days... not yet, though cos he's only a baby still, but I ought to accept the possibility. He's my absolute joy, so I feel for your worry.
    good luck