where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: how....

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Jessie
    Thanks

how....

how do i get my bird to be cuddly.he get's very mad!
    Last edited by Jessielynn; 02-20-2008 at 04:31 PM. Reason: it needed an 's on get

Name
    Verean
    Thanks

Re: how....

It takes time to build a bond it took me three months it might take some time but it is worth it.

Aperture Test Subject Teenager shiney mew's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: how....

You have to be patient. Spend a lot of time talking to the bird and offering millet from your hands and just generally being friendly. He should learn eventually that he can trust you, but it can take a while because he's a prey animal and doesn't know you don't want to eat him. But even when he warms up to you, don't expect entirely that he'll be cuddly because while cockatiels often are, it really depends on the individual bird's personality.

Name
    Andrea
    Thanks

AW: how....

Like the others said, it depends on the birds personality and it also depends on your behaviour. Itīs your turn to show your bird that he can trust you. Donīt force him and let him decide how near you can come to him. You have to work hard to earn his trust. Itīs on you and your patience.
    And donīt be sad if your tiel does not like to be touched by you. Many tiels donīt like to be touched by humans. Make little steps and start with feeding him from your hands. This is the first step to show him your hands are not dangerous. Be proud of every little step you make.
    Good luck

My 8 Nymphicus Hollandicus