Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: just spent 1600 dollars for my budgies update on 35 budgies

Budgie Tamer

just spent 1600 dollars for my budgies update on 35 budgies

I didn't know it was that expensive..... Anyway, 2 got left in the hospital, some are taking medication specially Penelope, 16 have diahrea, 4 are preggy, 12 of them get vitamins, 2 of them were cured of mites, 1 was given a shot. Thanks a lot Duddles....

The Fanatical Eriwinkle Baby Erin CG's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: just spent 1600 dollars for my budgies update on 35 budg

I'm glad they're being treated. Let us know what happens.

Budgie Tamer

i will, i am sure to tell about them

Thanks

Hi there....

erm...I'm very glad you were able to get things straightened out...but I highly adivse making a better plan of action. Birds lives are special....something we should not take for granted. Please be more careful next time....the illnesses you described above, have obvious signs--esp. mites.
    I know you mentioned it "wasn't your fault" you "left your brother in charge." But maybe next time...leave your 35 birds with someone who knows how to take care of them.

Just a thought.

Speaker of the house (the chatty one) Tailfeather Duddles's Avatar
    Name
    Duddles
    Thanks

Budgie Tamer - I'm glad you got a vet to see your birds. I am really curious. Could you tell us what the vet said? What did your birds have? Was it just mites, or were there other things? Did the vet tests the ones that have diarrhea for chlamydia? I am just wondering why all the birds got different treatments. I would assume that, since they are housed together or near each other, anything that one has, all the others will be exposed to as well, so I am surprised that all of your birds got different treatments. What happened - did the vet come to your home? Was it an avian vet? Usually they are hard to get on such short notice, and I think you said in other posts that they are not so close by. Most of us on this board have just one or two birds, so treating a whole flock is something new to us, and I think we can learn a lot, so please share whatever you can, and keep us updated.

I hate to say it, but I think you should also contact whoever you sold or traded budgies to since your first budgie died - the one that you said all your birds had problems with after it died. Those other budgies may have problems too, and the owners may not know it...

Thanks

As Duddles said, we're all curious to know what kind of meds you got and what were the birds diagnosed for. (I think I mentionned that in response to one of your other threads).

Indeed, make sure to contact everyone you gave/sold a budgie to, because these birds are likely sick as well.

Budgie Tamer

they're in one place but different cages... however, all of them had cases of each --- diarhea, mites, and coughing.... however some had tumors which made me want to die.... I called my friend immedietly when she said that she knew somebody that could come that very day... I was so happy! I never traded any birds to anyone.... I left 34 with the vet and ol' Snoopy is here with me... He said the sicknesses of the other birds were far worse than ol' Snoop. Snoopy is alive and well. Thanks to those who helped me. I'll NEVER leave my birdies to my bro AGAIN!

Speaker of the house (the chatty one) Tailfeather Duddles's Avatar
    Name
    Duddles
    Thanks

I'm confused - I thought just a few were in the hospital. The vet took all of them? I sure hope that vet has a lot of space! Are all the birds being treated in the same way? If all of them have mites, why did only 1 get an injection? Was this the most infected one? Just wondering how this big mess was sorted out. Like I said - us TF members mostly have only one or two birds, so I am really curious about how such a large group can be treated.

What does a budgie coughing sound like? I have never heard my guys do anything that sounds like coughing. Just curious.

Glad you found someone to look after them. Don't mean to scare you, but do you know much about this vet? Is he/she an avian vet? Because having someone come on such short notice, examine and treat so many birds and leave with 35 birds sounds a bit suspicious. I hope you trust this person!

Thanks

Well I'm glad things are being straightened out for you. It's a very serious thing when our birds are sick...let alone 35 of them.
    . I'm sure you do know a good amount about your birds, considering you have brought over thirty into your home...and you are willing to help cure them. But you mentioned that a few of your birds had tumors. If any of my birds had tumors, I would deff. be very worried. I'm very curious as to how long you have been gone?
    I'm also impressed with the person you found to treat your birds. Sounds like she/he got right on the job, treating your birds and such. How did you ever find a willing vet, in a place where you at first couldn't find a vet at all? Good job at finding him/her. Maybe you could post the name of the vet, or at least the area you are in---so that others in your area could have the same great one on one treatment?
    Of course, in the case of mites, a properly certified vet could tell you that mites don't only live off the bird...their surroundings should all be disinfected...
    I'd be worried about Ol' Snoop as well. In those surroundings, I'm not so sure at all that he'd be safe.

Hatching
    Thanks

ive only got one thing 2 say....and thats ''THATS ONE CHEAP VET!!'' so honestly...35 budgies......cmon mate get real..... i dont belive that for a second.

BirdLover102011

Re: just spent $1600 for my budgies update on 35 budgies

Im happy to hear about you pregnant budgies. i hope they all end up very well feed and in good care.And i hope your budgies get well soon.

Remove Ads