Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know this type please?

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheri
    Thanks

Anyone know this type please?

I was wondering if anyone (I'm sure everyone but myself knows) the exact type of cockateil this is. I'm thinking pied but I have't found any pied that looks like this baby.

This is the best quality photo I could get as it is very scared. I need to know so I can post found ads for it as it was found being attacked by a cat and saved then came to me to nurse it back to health and find it's true owners. It has had alot of feathers torn out of it's head and tushy and a couple blood feathers under it's wing and feathers missing from under it's wing. This baby has been through the mill, only to be put in a cat cage with no perches, no toys, outside bird seed and set in the sun on the ground!!! 100 degree weather and left outside for 2 days, until I got a call about it. I had this baby in my care 20 mins. later and off to the vet. But I have all the patience in the world and will do what it takes to keep it going and know love.
    It's white and yellow. No grey no other colors besides the orange on it's cheeks.
    I also have a video of it the first night I could get it out as it's scared and of course you can hear the storm in the background. *sigh* But ignore the mess as I was cleaning out my cabinets *LOL* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxevbhtLLZ4

Thank you for any help you can give me.
    Sheri

That green eye'd girl. Egg's Cracking... SouthernCharm's Avatar
    Name
    Kelsie.
    Thanks

Re: Anyone know this type please?

I would think a Lutino?... But, I'm not sure on the 'mutations' or anything and the exact names of them.
    You don't phase me.

Name
    Kelsie.
    Thanks

Ohh, and also I would just ask of people to call and indentify.. that's what we do when a dog or cat shows up here at my house. Because anyone looking for a bird/cat/dog can just call claiming them and get them a free bird, while the REAL owners are still out there scared, looking for their baby.
    You don't phase me.

Tailfeather
    Name
    LC
    Thanks

Yes, it's a lutino.

I would suggest NOT putting any info about it on your found ad though, have people describe it to you instead, so that you don't get someone trying to get a free bird, and actually find the owner.

Name
    Alison
    Thanks

I'm glad you took him/her in until the owner can be located. Poor little baby

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheri
    Thanks

Thank you SouthernCharm and Little Cricket. Your amazing.
    Your right. I put no info on my ads. I volunteer with 911ParrotAlert so I now just how rude and ignorant people can be trying to get a free bird. I also have a missing sun conure myself and got my share of crank calls.
    This baby has a leg band and if they don't know it, they don't get it. I have had it 2 days and have $300 in it not counting meds. to heal it. I don't want that back, I just want the real owners. Money is nothing, love and concern are worth a million to me.
    Thank you again, Now I know what type to ask if anyone calls. I didn't put it in my ads, I just put cockateil. Surprising, no calls yet. It's ok, it's safe and getting used to me already. Will step up for me now and will play on me without being scared. It does hear my fids in the other room and it's sad it can't see them but we have to be safe.
    Grateful Sheri

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheri
    Thanks

Thank you CharleyCockatiel I'm actually one of those that couldn't live with myself if I hadn't stepped in and taken it. I have an over active conscience, I feel guilty over the smallest things. But I like who I am for it.
    Sheri

Name
    Kelsie.
    Thanks

You're welcome. And I am glad the little guy is all happy now. (Playing on you, ect.) And yes, you're right.

But, I pray that you have the best luck on finding the little guys real home. I bet the owners miss him/her.
    It's surely a beauty.
    You don't phase me.

Name
    Kelsie.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bird lover2135 View Post
    Thank you CharleyCockatiel I'm actually one of those that couldn't live with myself if I hadn't stepped in and taken it. I have an over active conscience, I feel guilty over the smallest things. But I like who I am for it.
    Sheri
    Haha. You sound like me. But, it's good to be like that.
    You don't phase me.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheri
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernCharm View Post
    Haha. You sound like me. But, it's good to be like that.
    Oh your right, it is good to be like that but if you ask my husband and friends, well they don't think so. Everyone thinks I'm turning into a rescue. Well no I'm not but I will at anytime and any place, take an animal that needs me. If I didn't I would feel guilty. *lol*

Name
    Bonnie
    Thanks

Looks lutino to me as well but the pic isnt great so it's hard to tell. Is there any grey on the bird at all? If there is it would be pied. If it's solid yellow then definitely lutino. Good luck! If my birds ever escape i hope you're the one that finds them

Queen of her Flock Parent Sun_angel00's Avatar
    Name
    Cheryl
    Thanks

Sheri it is a lutino, will you keep 'her' if no one claims 'her'?
    "I will lend to you, a Bird", God said, "and teach you all you have to do. And when I call him back to heaven, you will know he loved you too."

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheri
    Thanks

Night Lady, no grey but tons of rust and dirt has stained it's teathers on the tail. I'm slowly working with it to clean them, so far it won't bathe but it's still healing. It won't let me spray it gently so I use a wash cloth and it loves it. Of course I sneak the tips in the running water and if she is busy chewing my necklace then she don't know. *lol*

Sun Angel, you bet I will keep her if nobody comes forward. I hate to say it but I don't trust anyone with any baby in my care, unless it is the true owners and then they will really have to prove it. I get pretty attached to babies and my friend said, just keep it, it's so much better off with you. OMGoodness, I couldn't in good conscience just keep it without looking for it's real parents!! I went and hung up fliers in the area it was found, just words, no pics. It is such a sweet little bird. My husband sat with her tonight and she ate like a little piggy with him. Now I"m going to make him have dinner with her every night now. *lol* She was eatting good before but when he is there, she really eats her veggies and fruits.
    So do you think it is a she. I am calling her a she. *LOL* I use it alot on here as well as she. But I'm used to girls.
    I need to have my husband hold her and let me get some pics as she just poses and preens and LOOOOVVVEEEESSSS him. *LOL* Then maybe I can get some better pics.

Did I mention the people on this board are AMAZING!!! I'm so glad I found this.
    thank you all,
    Sincerely,
    Sheri

Frybird = Flybird Teenager jokulhlaup's Avatar
    Name
    jamie
    Thanks

good luck Sheri...you do good work! i hope you will one day be rewarded for all your care by getting your conure back! the lost birds are lucky to have found you
    rip percy, isabella, and little oliver. i will never forget you...

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Sheri
    Thanks

Thank you jokulhlaup. *hugs* Your very kind. I too hope my Clemmy comes home. But to tell the truth, I would have done this anyway. I think god and Clemmy had a hand in me being able to find out these babies needed someone. If Clemmy hadn't been missing my number wouldn't be out there but I would give anything for it not to of happened this way but I wouldn't trade these babies welfare for anything. I will never give up looking for Clemmy just as I will never give up looking for these babies parents. My husband is the same. He says, they better know the band number and for the other baby they better have pics. Who don't take pics like crazy of their babies!! Lord knows we have tons and tons of pics and videos. *lol*
    Sheri

Remove Ads