Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Baby update (question on parents)

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Ben
    Thanks

Baby update (question on parents)

Here they are:
    Jenny (not a good shot, she wouldn't hold still from any other angle :haha )
    www.tailfeathersnetwork.c...ge_id=1719
    Here's 2 of Penny:
    www.tailfeathersnetwork.c...ge_id=1718
    www.tailfeathersnetwork.c...ge_id=1717
    And just to add, after school today I came home to find Penny (the oldest) finally on the cage floor. Jenny had come out at 3 1/2 weeks but I replaced her, and Mom said she came out the next day and I would have left her but Mom moved her back. So now she's just in the entrance, ready to come out any minute...And I haven't seen Sky (the Dad) feed them yet...just Fibi. Should he be starting to feed and take control of the babies soon?

And one other thing to add. Even before the babies came out Fibi and Sky have been fighting like crazy. They have a huge squabble and bite at eachother and force eachother off the perch. Thats not normal, cuz like 15 minutes later [afr Fibi comes back out of box, they will get all lovey-dovey, like feed eachother and she'll eat cuttlebone (preparing for second clutch) and I even saw them mate after a squabble!] Whats goin on? They havent hurt the babies from what I saw, and the babies are fine just to add.
    Thanks everyone
    Benping

SquallRinoa

neat :)

Unfortunately I don't really have any advice. I think the father should start taking over with feeding them and teaching them where the food and such is anytime now. I'm not completely sure. I mainly just wanted to say congratulations on the amazing little babies! I hope someone else out there can be of more help. Good Luck.

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Ben
    Thanks

perched

Hey,
    I have a new update. Jenny still hasn't come back out of the box. but when I came home tonight, I found Penny on the lowest perch! That was neat, cuz usually she's getting dirty on the floor. This is so exciting. She's actually turning into a real budgie!:haha
    I think Fibi might kick Jenny out of the box soon, because I can tell she is getting ready to lay again. Mom thinks I should allow her too, but the cage will need a good cleanout! I'm still unsure. I have to make up my mind soon. And just about the parents squabbles, there haven't been as many, except this morning they woke me up with a huge fight at 8:45 AM Oh well
    Benping