where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess what I saw?!

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

Guess what I saw?!

Ok so I was walking to wal-mart, and as I walked by this house I heard bird soumds. I was thinking there was some birds in the tree I was near, so I stopped and looked up, but didn't see any. So I started walking again, but then heard a 'awwooooooh' sound and turned around to see a lutino cockatiel in a cage in an aviary. I have drove by that house lots, but never seen it before. So I looked at the aviray for a bit and saw that there was a couple cages in there and large wood ladders going across, conecting to a large play stand, and in the corner, I almost missed her, there was a large green lump in the corner. Then I see the lump move. Well this conviced me that I should risk looking like a creepy stocker and walk back. It was an amazon! So then I feel really stupid when I realize that I will have to walk past the house again to get where I have to go. Of course then the two little puppies that were an the porch start barking and a lady comes out. So I tell her that I had never seen an amazon before, and that she was beautiful (very gutsy for me, I am extremly shy), and the lady said I could come see her!!! I have never seen a large bird close up before! Her name was Bobo, and I am guessing she was a yellow crowned (?) amazon, she had a light colored beak and her nares and forehead were yellow. She was so cute, didn't make any 'normal' bird like sounds, but instead said 'mooom, mommy!' a couple times, and the rest of the time said 'wooooooh!', so cute! There was also an adorable pair of baby lovebirds, a green and a green pied, and a pair of cockatiels, one lutino one grey. I was in heaven! Any way, so i got to see my first ever 'big' bird close up, and I'm stoked! I want an amazon now!

Thanks

Re: Guess what I saw?!

Beautiful aren't they?! Amazons are stunners in person, their size never quite makes it through photographs and neither do their colors.
    "Questions open the door to knowledge."

Poicephalus Obsessed Found a Mate Shade's Avatar
    Name
    Natacha
    Thanks

The lady was probably very happy to show her birds to you, especially since you actually knew that the amazon was an amazon. They are beautiful bird and by the sounds of it, that particular one seems very sweet.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

What a great thing to find and then to be able to go and meet all the birds in it, how fun. I love Amazons, my sister has one but he is sort of mean so I can rarely touch him because he just wants to bite me but when Mango is feeling nice and lovey, I get to give him scritches!! So will you be able to visit the birds you met yesterday every so often now that you know they are there?
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Sheila
    Thanks

how cool! they are really amazing arent they!!

Mom to 5 cockatiels: Sammie,Charlie, Peanut, Merlin and Cosmo and 1 Green Cheek Conure: Petrie

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

They are defiatly amazing! Sadly the lady I talked to wasn't the owner, but she was happy trying to show me that she could dance, and was dissapointed when she wouldn't!

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶ Four More Babies Hatched! Skittles's Avatar
    Name
    Lauren
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Albe View Post
    They are defiatly amazing! Sadly the lady I talked to wasn't the owner, but she was happy trying to show me that she could dance, and was dissapointed when she wouldn't!
    Waiiittt... the amazon or the woman was trying to dance for you???

You should go back there again and see if you can talk to the owner! I always love intruding on other people when they have birds I know we share the interest of birds, so it always ends up being an interesting conversation!

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

Hahaha, I like watching old ladies dance! Lol, joking, I wish Bobo would have danced though! That would have been super cute! I drive by that house, and the aviary is clearly visible from the road, I am suprised I have never seen it before! If I am near the house and see someone outside I will definatly talk to them. The lady I talked to said i could come look at her anytime! Maybe if I meet the real owner she would actually let me in the aviary, and maybe even let me hold her! I was suprised about her beak...it was smaller than I had expected... I saw a nanday in a petstore a long time ago and I thought its beak was giant! Maybe my constant looking at pictures has gotten me used to large beaks?

Red-tailed hawk Five Eggs Laid!
    Thanks

Who was the lady you talked to - a birdsitter or something? Because you definitely should talk to the owners sometime. Knowing me, I'd be way too shy to, but that shouldn't stop you. I'd love to meet other bird people.

Quite frankly, if someone saw my birds, recognized them and thought they were cool and seemed to know stuff about them - even though our birds are common - I'd be kind of happy that there was someone I met who liked the birds. It certainly wouldn't offend me if someone was showing interest in them.

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

Nope not a birds sitter, she lived there, it was sort of a duplex except there was four instead of two. I am guessing she lived in part of the house. She said she had never seen a parrot until she moved there and saw her! I will definatly talk to the owner if I see her!

Name
    dawn
    Thanks

You should talk to the owner!

I have an amazon, PBJ, and I love showing her off. She also loves to show off.

First Baby Hatched! parrotsRmyLove's Avatar
    Name
    Sue
    Thanks

Mell that is such a neat story. Glad the lady was friendly and showed you her birds. Most bird owners love to gush about their birds so you probably made her day as well.

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶ Four More Babies Hatched! Skittles's Avatar
    Name
    Lauren
    Thanks

That's actually a great person to "befriend" - what if ya need a bird sitter

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

or better- she does!
    would be pretty cool to bird sit them!

Thanks

What a great story, i very rarely meet someone as potty about feathery things as me.
    Thats why i come on here.
    You should definately go again, they are beautiful birds but need alot of attention, so im told.
    Searching for charlie my Cockatiel who went missing on the 30th June 08 in Lymm Cheshire.

Remove Ads