where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG!!, It's just too embarrasing

Name
    Debby
    Thanks

OMG!!, It's just too embarrasing

I feel awful having to say this, but I am totally disgusted with the English people here in England.
    We have the great American Ty Pennington here in the UK. I have waited a week to see the show of Ty being here trying to put right some things that are wrong. He has started his work in a little village, trying to rebuild a play area/park for the children of the vllage. During the show, poor Ty has come up with so many problems. The community are not anything like the Americans. The English have proven that we can not work together, not even if it is to help others. The English did not turn up in a force of hundreds, they wanted to work 9am - 5pm (normal hours here for workers). Their attitude changed when asked if they could carry on for a while as the job was running behind. Then ontop of that, all work stopped because of a disagreement on a stupid roof.
    There are far too many people here making stupid rules, Why did Ty bother. God knows what he thinks of the English race. Right now I am angry with the way the English conduct themselves............It's disgusting.

Sweet Peas Mom Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Nita
    Thanks

Re: OMG!!, It's just too embarrasing

there there, my dear, I was in England last year and met some of the most wonderful people there.. I can list the bad americans i have come across.. we all have them all..
    Nita
    owned by
    Mexican Red Head Amazon, Jade
    3 parrotlets, SweetPea, Scoot and Buddy
    2 Lovebirds, Squeak and Squalk
    3 Canaries, Skinny, Fat Girl and Ringo
    4 Budgies
    Chickens, geese, guineas, and pheasants

Name
    Debby
    Thanks

I left England a few years ago to live in the Dominican Rupublic, purely because of how England has become. I was living around loads of American while I was there, I have yet to meet a bad American. I know every country has the good and the bad people, but England seems to be so selfish in their nature.
    I only returned to England for my daughters education, once she has finished.....i may leave again, 4 - 5 years time unfortunately

Tailfeather
    Thanks

Yup, there are jerks everywhere. I am sure Ty has run into some even in America, it just doesn't make it onto the show. You witnessed the "behind the scenes" stuff.

Surrounded by people who love life, you love it too;
    surrounded by people who don't, you don't.
    ~Mignon McLaughlin

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

OI!
    i;m english!

so SHUP! lol

i agree with you though- but i think it;'s worse in the areas surrounding London- hence why i am now a midlander lol

Your friendly admin! Tailfeather Community Administrator Dan's Avatar
    Name
    Daniel
    Thanks

Ty is so annoying, to be honest -- I'd stay away just to avoid him!

Name
    Barb
    Thanks

I am pleased to hear others disgusted with their countries. Sometimes I think it only the US that has issues.

Name
    Debby
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Ty is so annoying, to be honest -- I'd stay away just to avoid him!
    Hey, I think he's great.......I love him to bits. You have to admit, he does a great job with those homes he builds though. I just love watching him

Your friendly admin! Tailfeather Community Administrator Dan's Avatar
    Name
    Daniel
    Thanks

Sure, but anyone with the huge budgets he is given could do that (plus hes not the one who designs or anything, it's his crew). He's always screaming and such... bugs me.
    Last edited by Dan; 09-16-2008 at 04:07 PM.

Name
    Debby
    Thanks

Helen..
    I'm glad you agree with me, some parts of London are terribly dangerous. Unfortunately I live in Southend, the seaside town and guess what......all the Londoners come here for drink binges at the weekends. I don't go out unless I have a car and even then the doors are locked.

Daniel..
    My husband agrees with, he can't stand Ty....lol

Privacy please! I'm Found a Mate sarahmom22's Avatar
    Name
    Sarah
    Thanks

I think that a lot of men don't like Ty because the girls go ga ga over him lol he is a cutie for sure...

There are MANY horrible people everywhere unfortunately. Canadians are supposed to be some of the friendliest people...but tell that to the 80something year old man who cut me off and flipped me the bird the other day! Oh and all the little punk kids who vandalize other people's property...Oh and my friend's neighbours little kid who threw a live bunny against their apartment building wall and killed it...just for fun. It's a sad world full of hatred, bitterness and anger.

gettin' married! Found a Mate FreudianSlip's Avatar
    Name
    Aerrica
    Thanks

I think that a lot of men don't like Ty because the girls go ga ga over him lol he is a cutie for sure...
    I was just going to say I don't care much for his personality, but his butt is nice.
    Even a small bird requires a large commitment!

Name
    javi
    Thanks

ty may be loud and annoying. but when he shows thos abs i melt. yum-o. and i think there are jerks everywhere. i am constantly dealing with people who want to make fun or be cruel to me. but i jsut tell myself that i dont care.
    Life without birds, is not a life I could live

Name
    Debby
    Thanks

Hey Javi,
    You say people around you make fun of you......... A bit of advice if you don't mind...

Hold your head high, you are as good as, if not better than everyone else.

Whatever it is they say, it's only words, this is what I tell my daughter, she gets tormented a bit at school, but she holds her head high just as I have taught her.

Name
    Helen
    Thanks

I'm with Debby there, Javi.
    ignore them. if ppl are so dsad the only joy they get is tormenting other people- then they have REALLY pathetic lives!

Debby- i dont agrtee London is particuarly dangerous- it's the RUDENESS and total lack of MANNERS, HUMANITY, COMMON SENSE and GENERAL DECENCY! i usually get halfway down the street out of the station and usually have had at least one person barge me out the way, a second slam a door in my face and usually at last 3 make some comment regarding my tits!

Up here people smile, and help each other out still. Here i not only know my neighbours- i adore and trust them to watch my animals overnight. In London i couldnt tell you the name of the guys to the left. Mad huh?
    there are still nice people in london- i have some great friends and family there but.... the smile on the street and door held open, or person you chat to on the train is so rare you actually mention over dinner!

here it's the opposite. If someone let go of the door so it hits you, you go home and say "you wouldntg BELIEVE what happened...." it takes 3 seconds for me to hit the hold button on the elevator, but makes the person running for it smile. Worth it!

Debby? i bet you are drowning under people in cheap veils, L plates and tiaras- the curse of the hen night! MWaah hahah HA!

Remove Ads