Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Pied Pearl Male Cockatiel?

Name
    Dano
    Thanks

Pied Pearl Male Cockatiel?

I went to a pet store today and I saw this cockatiel with a note on the cage that read "I bite & i'm wild please don't touch" and the price for him was only $10.00. I can see why he bit the workers there because every time they would go in the cage they would use a bath towel and it was scaring this little guy. So I went up to the front of the store and told them that I wanted to get him and they were really happy to get rid of him I even got free toys & 2 bags of food. When I got him home I clipped his wings and put him in the cage for a little while. I took him out a hour ago and he's a really sweet cockatiel and i'm so glad that I got him. Is it normal for pet shops to go into a bird cage with a bath towel? Also is he a pied pearl male? He kind of look like my female pied peal but he only have a little pearling left on his back & wings.

pics below....

He even let me give him kisses and touch his beak without trying to bite me.

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Sherry
    Thanks

Re: Pied Pearl Male Cockatiel?

Aw, he is soooooo cute! I'm he went to a good home!!! Yes, he has pied, most definitely.

Cream of Cockatiel Tailfeather sammit's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Thanks

yes pearl pied male. hes still got a bit of the pearl markings so approx age just over a year old... maybe, some males retain pearls but very rarely... did you ask the store how long they had him? he seems really sweet! how does he react to your female? is he still in quarantine? gorgeous bird, i hate stores who do this. it makes the birds very reactive towards new sounds and frightens them more than they need to be.

"im now under the impression that sarcasm is the body's natural defence against stupid" - sam

http://sammitshomecooking.blogspot.com/

Name
    Dano
    Thanks

I did ask and she told me that he sat at the store for 5 months because no one wanted him. He's a really sweet boy and haven't bit me or tried to attack my other 2 female cockatiels. I let him meet the females lastnight and it didn't go well at first. They were hissing at each other but as I slowly brought them closer together they started getting along and whistling back & forth and bobbing the heads. I'm going to have to work a little bit with him & my pearl pied female she acts as if she doesn't want him around but my lutino female loved being by him. I might pair those two up & get another mate for her soon. Right now I have him in my room and will keep him quarantine for 2-3 weeks before I put them together. When this lady used the towel it made me so dang upset that i had to calm myself down. This poor baby was screaming and biting the worker really hard and was backing up into the back corner of the cage. They wouldn't even clip the wings I had to do that myself and i'm not so good at it (lol).

Cream of Cockatiel Tailfeather sammit's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Thanks

well it sounds like birdies got a better home now. hahah thats what happened when i introduced my new male to my existing female. he hated her and now she hates him lol..

"im now under the impression that sarcasm is the body's natural defence against stupid" - sam

http://sammitshomecooking.blogspot.com/