where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: English Budgie Breeders

Rachelle Brand New Egg rachelle83's Avatar
    Name
    Rachelle
    Thanks

English Budgie Breeders

Hi all, it has been a few months since I last posted. In this time I have acquired my first English Pair. Boy, it took me a good long while to find them. I saw on another post that someone may have had contacts for breeders in Georgia with English Budgies. I believe it was Kerry? Anyway, I would really appreciate it very much if you could PM me any that you may have. Thanks so much and of course I will leave you all with a pic to look at

Bow chicka wow wow! I... Found a Mate Breadpazoid's Avatar
    Name
    Jillybean
    Thanks

Re: English Budgie Breeders

Anybody have any in California that they would like to share as well? I hope this isn't hijacking the thread - but we really do need more exposure for these great little birds.

Mom to Ducky! (female cinnamon GCC)...THANK YOU Keet for the gorgeous sig!!
    Won't you come see me after 12am?

Name
    Kerry
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rachelle83 View Post
    Hi all, it has been a few months since I last posted. In this time I have acquired my first English Pair. Boy, it took me a good long while to find them. I saw on another post that someone may have had contacts for breeders in Georgia with English Budgies. I believe it was Kerry? Anyway, I would really appreciate it very much if you could PM me any that you may have.
    So are you breeding for exhibition to come to Arlington, Texas October 22-24, 2009 for the Grand National Budgie show?

I will have to repull GA breeder info. You can also go to the BAA web site and look up Maureen's e-mail address and phone number. http://www.budgerigarassociation.com She is on the Board of Directors and is the president of Great Southern Budgie Club.

While you are there print off a Band Order Form, we are already selling 2009 bands. This is the ONLY organization where you don't have to be a member in order to purchase breeder bands.

Name
    Rachelle
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry C View Post
    So are you breeding for exhibition to come to Arlington, Texas October 22-24, 2009 for the Grand National Budgie show?

I will have to repull GA breeder info. You can also go to the BAA web site and look up Maureen's e-mail address and phone number. http://www.budgerigarassociation.com She is on the Board of Directors and is the president of Great Southern Budgie Club.

While you are there print off a Band Order Form, we are already selling 2009 bands. This is the ONLY organization where you don't have to be a member in order to purchase breeder bands.
    Thanks so much Kerry. I am hoping to get into the Exhibition ring. I will definitely print off the band order form. Thanks again for the info.

Name
    javi
    Thanks

gorgeous birds. the store i got dex and jasper from hava ton of english budgies right now
    Life without birds, is not a life I could live

Thanks

[/QUOTE]

um is it me or dose the females nails look to long or something she is not perching like a normal bird

Name
    Rachelle
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by denisesfeathers View Post
    um is it me or dose the females nails look to long or something she is not perching like a normal bird[/QUOTE]

She does sit funny. I just got them about a week ago, and her nails were terribly long. I have since cut them, but she still does not sit right. It looks to be a sort of splayed leg problem or something. At least that is what I was told.

Amorous Tailfeather
    Thanks

um is it me or dose the females nails look to long or something she is not perching like a normal bird
    English budgies are born with a myriad of problems. I think they are beautiful, but they have half the lifespan or less of a normal budgie because they have SO many genetic problems....yet people still just keep on breeding them

Bow chicka wow wow! I... Found a Mate Breadpazoid's Avatar
    Name
    Jillybean
    Thanks

Looks like splay foot to me. Not much you can do about it if she is already mature, unfortunately. Just keep her nails trimmed. Are you planning to breed them? She may have a problem perching when he mounts her. I might advocate a cage with a flat solid bottom instead of a grate.

Mom to Ducky! (female cinnamon GCC)...THANK YOU Keet for the gorgeous sig!!
    Won't you come see me after 12am?

Name
    Kerry
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McDenny View Post
    English budgies are born with a myriad of problems. I think they are beautiful, but they have half the lifespan or less of a normal budgie because they have SO many genetic problems....yet people still just keep on breeding them
    You know McDenny/Hillari that generalization can be said about ANY animal species! The key factor that you did NOT say was....KNOW your bloodlines, KNOW what bloodlines work well with each other what bloodlines create mediocre offspring and DON'T line breed/inbreed! There ARE bloodlines that do retain fertility as well as longevity.

Yes this hen has a “gimpy” leg that could have been caused by: poor diet fed to the parents and continued on with this chick, a hen that sat too heavy again with a chick with weaken legs or even a bad mix of genetics.

Name
    Joey
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kerry C View Post
    You know McDenny/Hillari that generalization can be said about ANY animal species! The key factor that you did NOT say was....KNOW your bloodlines, KNOW what bloodlines work well with each other what bloodlines create mediocre offspring and DON'T line breed/inbreed! There ARE bloodlines that do retain fertility as well as longevity.

Yes this hen has a “gimpy” leg that could have been caused by: poor diet fed to the parents and continued on with this chick, a hen that sat too heavy again with a chick with weaken legs or even a bad mix of genetics.
    Well said Kerry...

www.freewebs.com/feathersupaviary280

Brand New Egg
    Name
    monte
    Thanks

hello, can i ask where you found your pair? i live in georgia and i am looking for a pair

Remove Ads