Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: my trio

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

my trio

well, i don't think i've actually introduced my trio on here as well as myself. i just kinda joined and went on from there. well, i have a trio of lovies. Joey is my seagreen, Evolet's my Aussie Cinnamon, and Pantalaimon's my pied. Joey's the oldest, followed by Evie and Pan. I don't have a favorite. they all have great qualities and flaws.

Joey's the velcro of the group. i had him first for awhile before the other two so i was his only company. He likes to regurgitate for me everyday and do his mating dance and clicks on me. He's not afraid of people and is very friendly and loud. His flaws: he is a brat when I want him to do something, like go back to his cage. Sometimes, he could care less that i have a treat in his cage to lure him in. That's when he does the running around your shoulders and up and down your back, not to mention the biting. He is horrible w/ his step ups.

Evolet is great w/ her step ups. We named her after the character in 10,000 B.C. Not much of a cuddler, but there are times when she's up for scritches and cuddling. The Alpha of the group, very dominating and bossy to Pan and Joey, but not to me (yay). She's very sweet to me and listens well. In fact, she was the only one to "turn around in a circle" in their training tonight (don't get too excited, it was poorly done, but she did turn around in a complete circle for me ) Not very loud or as vocal as the other two.

And Pan, short for Pantalaimon, the daemon in The Golden Compass, is the baby and also the odd man out, but it's getting better though. Evie doesn't like him as much, but Joey and Pan do preen one another. It's funny when Evolet sees them and glides over to break up the party. Joey just hops aside like, "I didn't do anything." Pan is very sweet, playful, and loud. He is still a bit scared of me though he will take food from me and has fallen asleep on me before. So I still have a lot of work to do w/ Pan. i just got him DNA tested to see if he's a boy or a girl so I'm waiting on the results. Hopefully they'll come in soon.

Joey and Evolet playing inside a paper bag

Joey and Pan preening

Checking each other out

And all hanging out together

Tailfeather Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! Lovebirdfan's Avatar
    Name
    Karen
    Thanks

Re: my trio

Awww... They are so precious! Beautiful birds and they look quite happy. It's amazing how different their personalities can be but that is part of the fun.

Peter & I are Hormonal maya_exquisite's Avatar
    Name
    Maya
    Thanks

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! So so cute!! My favorite trio!!

Caique Crazy! Tailfeather BareFootAviary's Avatar
    Name
    Briana
    Thanks

They are all very cute! May I ask where you got Evolet from? Just curious as I don't know many people that breed Whitefaced Australian Cinnamons.
    "I'd rather be the one in love than to be loved and never even known."

Signature made by Emery!
    My Aviary's Website
    Current Parrot Jewelry in stock!

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

oh yeah, i got them from a girl in St. Cloud. She's a hobby breeder so nothing big. That's where I got all three. do you know any other breeders in MN? We were looking at your site when I first started looking for lovies, but Bemidji is too far of a drive.

Caique Crazy! Tailfeather BareFootAviary's Avatar
    Name
    Briana
    Thanks

Oh, you got her from Pirate's Nest? That girl is so nice! Well hey, I deliver to Minneapolis all the time! I don't know many Lovebird breeders in MN. I know of one, but I honestly wouldn't recommend her because of the dealings I and a few other breeders have had with her. She seems nice and all, but every time I ask about birds, she never responds and when she emails about birds from me, she never responds back.
    "I'd rather be the one in love than to be loved and never even known."

Signature made by Emery!
    My Aviary's Website
    Current Parrot Jewelry in stock!

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

you deliver? seriously? wow. cool. yeah, cuz me and bf were like, "whoa, that is just too far" Well, I am thinking bout a 4th lovie this summer sometime after I move out in the spring and the fids are adjusted to their new home. Yes, I got them from Samantha from the Pirates Nest. Hehe. I really like her, she's so nice and always answers my questions and issues.

Name
    Maya
    Thanks

What?! A fourth?!?! Would you like to adopt me so I can join in on all this lovebird love?? And I have two months off in the summer... how convenient!!

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

yep, you heard me maya, a fourth bird. You think after the news I received last night, that i'd let you have all the fun? Oh no!!!! LOL. You have 2 months off? Perfect, you can bird sit for me then

Name
    Maya
    Thanks

Hehehehehe. Send them to Hawaii and I'll bird sit and you KNOW they won't want to return to MN!! Good plan!!

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

you just want mika and evolet to hook up so you can have cute babies. I know your evil plan to take over the world!!!!!! LOL J/k.

Name
    Maya
    Thanks

I think Evie is much more suited for Hawaii. You know it's true.

I'm to young to be Breeding VJS+1Cockatiel's Avatar
    Name
    Victor
    Thanks

They are so cute!!! But I think Pan stands out to me the most. Can't wait to see more pics of them

÷No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.-William Blake(1757-1827)
    ÷It is not only fine feathers that make up fine birds-Aesop(620-560
    ÷Even small birds are a BIG responsibility.

Brand New Egg
    Thanks

don't make me fly all the way there and make you baby sit me for two months!!!!! I'm expensive too cuz I eat a lot, I need lots of enrichment, more than what's required for 3 lovebirds, and don't even think about foraging cuz I don't forage for my food. I'll show you who's suited for Hawaiian life. Hehe, can we make your boyfriend babysit all 5 of them??? Please!!!!!

Name
    Maya
    Thanks

Hahahahaha!! Are you sure you need more enrichment than three lovebirds combined?! Yeah, my bf would end up making lovebird soup for his dinner!! *lol* But I would loooooooooooove to go to MN!! I've always wanted to go to Mall of America!!

Remove Ads