Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Angus the Iguana

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

Angus the Iguana

Well when my uncle lived with us, he decided he wanted an Iguana. Now my uncle is what you would call a 'Pipe Dreamer'. He likes to talk about doing all this 'amazing' stuff then never does. He is really good with reptiles but he isn't very motivated. Well for Christmas he wanted soooo bad to get an Iguana so i helped him look on craigslist and we found an adult Iguana with a beautiful cage for 200 bucks and since it was Christmas my mom bought it for him. Now his cage was hand made by the guy who we bought Angus off of, it weighed about 200 pounds, but it is the only thing that would fit him. He is about 2-3 feet long and he is about 5 years old (not too sure about that) but anyway, my uncle gets this iguana, names him, then just forgets about him. He has only fed him maybe a total of 4 times out of the whole month we have had him, I feed him every day and change his water AND i take him out and pet him every day. He has been coming in my room almost every day, he is litter trained, he goes on a piece of linoleum in my room. And he is very tame. He isn't bothered by the cats but he tries to whip the dogs. So my uncle moved out and left his Iguana AND his red eared slider, that i have to take care of. Not that i'm complaining, lol, i love Angus, he is a sweety pie, he loves to just sit with me and be pet. I never thought i would own an Iguana ever lol. I will try to get pics with my sister's camera. Hopefully tomorrow.
    But i just thought i would introduce you all to my new family member, Angus (named after Angus from AC/DC )
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

Name
    Alison
    Thanks

Re: Angus the Iguana

It sucks that people are like that...unfortunatly my mom is kinda like that. She is not an animal person at all, but my sister got a little dauchound (sp?) and my mom thought she could make a buck by breeding them. Needless to say i went home schooled her and helped her find homes for the 3 dogs she got BEFORE she had a chance to donate to the americal animal over population!

Good for you for being responsible! I used to live with a lady who had 2 iguanas and they were big like that, every couple of months she would want to try to take them out or what ever, but they didnt like humans so they whiped her and i had to help her get them back in their enclosure once and got a nasty whip on my leg (still got the scar to prove it!)

Again good for you!

Tailfeather Tailfeathers Supporter!Tailfeathers Supporter! Lovebirdfan's Avatar
    Name
    Karen
    Thanks

Brittany, I'm glad the turtle and iguana landed in a good home and will receive proper care and attention. Too many get animals on a whim and when the get tired of them or find that they might involve time, money and commitment- they dispose of them. There is a lot of good information about iguanas and red eared sliders so keep trying to learn a lot about them. Thank goodness they are in your care. I hope your uncle never gets another animal- they deserve better.

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

Oh yeah i have been reading up on them a lot trying to learn more about them. I'm just glad that Angus is as tame as he is or i wouldn't have been able to handle him. My uncle does this a lot so i'm used to it. He wants to get a few snakes also .
    At first i didn't really want Angus because he was just too big for me, but i felt really bad because my uncle never paid any attention to him at all, so i started bonding with him and i think he really likes me. He likes to bob his head for me, it is adorable
    And the turtle, i felt even worse for him. My uncle would just let the water in his tank sit there for weeks and it would just eventually evaporate into nothing. So i would have to fill his tank bucket by bucket with my uncle sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME, just watching. Talk about lazy .
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

I was able to snap just a few pics with my sister's camera.
    This is Angus

He looks like a dinosaur...
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

I'm to young to be Breeding VJS+1Cockatiel's Avatar
    Name
    Victor
    Thanks

WOW he looks awesome!!!

Congrats(I think) HE is so cool!

÷No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.-William Blake(1757-1827)
    ÷It is not only fine feathers that make up fine birds-Aesop(620-560
    ÷Even small birds are a BIG responsibility.

Thanks

oh wow that is soo big.. sooo cute.. in a really strange way..

Name
    Meridith
    Thanks

he is a very nice looking lizard. You can sure tell that he lived (lives) in a house with AC due his coloring. but he still looks good

Resident Vampire Hormonal ellenant's Avatar
    Name
    Ellen
    Thanks

Cutie!
    "There must have been a moment, at the beginning, where we could have said- NO. But somehow we missed it." (Samuel Beckett)

Dear Alex, in memory Axolotls rock!
    Missing you, Waiata...

Wild NZ Birds! http://www.tailfeathersnetwork.com/c...ad.php?t=57986

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by moomooprice View Post
    he is a very nice looking lizard. You can sure tell that he lived (lives) in a house with AC due his coloring. but he still looks good
    No AC, it's just cold here because his heat lamp broke and my uncle has been telling us he's going to get a new one for a week. So he has a humidifier AND a small space heater next to his cage to keep him warm. And my room is pretty cold too. We ran out of oil and have to get it refilled next week so it's REALLY cold right now. The warmest room in the house is the bird room They have a huge heater that keeps it nice and toasty in there.
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

Name
    Mary
    Thanks

Angus is gorgeous!
    Mary, Cosmo, Kaylaur, Perry & Tyler, and Spaz (temporary foster). And we can't forget the furry kids Pepper & Chewy!

Cockatiel Crazy!!!!! Baby JPerkins's Avatar
    Name
    Josh
    Thanks

Great looking reptilian you have there!
    Phillipians 4:13 - "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."

http://www.perkinstiels.webs.com

Remove Ads