Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting a new tattoo....

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

Re: Getting a new tattoo....

Quote Originally Posted by McDenny View Post
    Since I have no idea what you look like....what is your complexion/skin color like? That would make a big difference!

I wanna get a tattoo soon, but I can't find anyone to draw it!
    Well i am half italian (and i look it) so i have pretty dark skin. In the winter it gets pale but i do a lot of tanning and it gets real dark in the summer.

And yes usually if you got o a tattoo shop and ask them to draw you out something (if they're good) they can draw you something right there. That's what our guy does, you can just go up to him and tell him to draw... a monkey and he can and will

Also, at the shop i am going, they have tons of boards up with drawings from the tattoo artists you can look at and pick any one of them. I don't know if they do that anywhere else though. It's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rottncosmo View Post
    I like the 4th one best, but 3rd one comes in a close 2nd!

Personally, I would go with the 3rd (green & blue), because according to my first tattoo artist, colours that peel the LEAST, in order, are black, blue, green. The WORST for peeling, according to same artist, is red (I have an all red Aerosmith logo tattoo, and I can attest to the major peeling!)

Just my .02
    I do have one other tattoo, and it has a lot of red and it didn't really peel too bad, but the red was actually the only part that peeled.

Quote Originally Posted by Melza View Post
    2rd and 3rd are my faves!!!

does this have any significance? i want a tat, but only if it has significance to me and my life... so most likely i wont get one hehe
    No it doesn't really have any significance, i just found out yesterday i was getting a tattoo so i went and googled some butterfly tattoos and found that one
    My other tattoo was for my father, it says R.I.P. DAD in a heart, but this one has no real special meaning, its just really pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Switchbldekitten View Post
    Go to a tattoo artist and make them sketch it! You can go in and talk to them before you do it, and give them time to come up with something. A perk to that is that if they have to sketch for you (make them do it in person) you can see how good their drawing abilities are. I have one crooked tattoo and one that is just a little bit off. I checked both guy's portfolio's but I guess with things like photo shop you can touch errors up. I am going to be such a b**** about my future tattoos. I'm a perfectionist, and I can't have bad tattoos!
    It will be sketched. I am going to go to the tattoo shop and have him pull up my photobucket, he's going to print out the one i like best and work with it. He likes to add things so it may look a little different
    Oh and the tattoo guy is a very close family friend. He has been tattooing for 20plus years and i trust him completely. He did all of my mom's tattoos, all my dads tattoos, and pretty much everyone in my family And for free too

Quote Originally Posted by Switchbldekitten View Post
    I was thinking of starting a new tattoo thread, Brittany, do you mind if I tag along with my new ideas?
    No, i don't mind at all

Quote Originally Posted by Baboo's Momma View Post
    #2 Fo' sho', LOL. Seriously though, I think that ones the prettiest and since it's a girly tat, girly it up all the way!!
    I'm not really the girly type
    Black and Neon green are my two fav. colors.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudFlying View Post
    I like number three the best, then two. I think number three is a little more subtle and tasteful. That's just my opinion. I would never be brave enough to get a tattoo (maybe if I could watch them sterilize all the equipment to be sure it's clean). Make sure you go to a reputable place!
    Don't worry about that. Body Art (what the place is called) is probably the second best tattoo shop in NJ. Germ's (another tattoo artist) being the first best of course, in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by ftw_69 View Post
    I like #3 the best. I agree...you should go to a tattoo artist and have them sketch it for you and have them add your different color schemes so you cant make your choice. A good tattoo shop will also apply a mock tattoo on you so you can see if that's what you really want. Hope that helps! Does your tattoo have a significant meaning, that you would be willing to share?
    Yeah he put a mock tattoo on me for my last tattoo. And i really want to make the choice before i go there, i really need to make sure it's what i want, so i need to think about it.

Thanks everyone for all your opinions!
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

Privacy please! I'm Found a Mate sarahmom22's Avatar
    Name
    Sarah
    Thanks

I like 2 and 4...purple is one of my fav colours but I like the orange and green too.

Life is short, just smile Hatched! Maryacr's Avatar
    Name
    Mary
    Thanks

Number 3... all the way! I am italian as well. I think it would look great!

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

Well it looks like it's between 3 and 4 for me. I did a lot of thinking all last night and today, stared at those pics for hours. And i'm pretty sure it's going to be 4, but i like 3 a lot too. It's so hard to chose when you like all of them!
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

Amorous Tailfeather
    Thanks

I am actually wondering if the orange on four will stand out enough against your skin color. You do want something that will not blend in with the skin color you have. Make sure you ask the tattoo artist also!

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

Well i want a bright orange. I am in love with neon colors, so i want a neon orange and a neon green. I'm sure it will stand out. Right now i'm kinda pale, since it's winter and i rarely ever venture outside during winter. Can't stand being wet and cold
    I am still not too sure. 4 is the first one i came up with, since i, personally, love orange and green together. The Blue and Green kind of look a little too similar to me. The blue doesn't stand out enough for me. idk, i still have a bit to think about it...
    If i still can't decide on which one i want by Monday, i'll let Bobby (the tattoo artist) pick
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

Name
    Alison
    Thanks

I have 5 tattoos, hey i was in the Navy give me a break!

But all my tats are very colorful! Right now they are between 5 and 8 years old, and im very pale, but used to tan to get really dark, here are some pics of mine. None of them have ever pealed or lost any color.

And this is my oldest tattoo, it is over 8 years old and i took this 1 min ago to show you:

Its a bit blurry, but you can see the red, pink, brown, blue, and black are all very colorful and bright just like a week after i got it.

Cream of Cockatiel Tailfeather sammit's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Thanks

hey tiki.. you say you like neon green and neon orange?? is that why you have so many neon green and orange birds? :P

"im now under the impression that sarcasm is the body's natural defence against stupid" - sam

http://sammitshomecooking.blogspot.com/

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pea's Mom View Post
    I have 5 tattoos, hey i was in the Navy give me a break!

But all my tats are very colorful! Right now they are between 5 and 8 years old, and im very pale, but used to tan to get really dark, here are some pics of mine. None of them have ever pealed or lost any color.

And this is my oldest tattoo, it is over 8 years old and i took this 1 min ago to show you:

Its a bit blurry, but you can see the red, pink, brown, blue, and black are all very colorful and bright just like a week after i got it.
    Very nice, all of them! What does the second one mean?

Quote Originally Posted by sammit View Post
    hey tiki.. you say you like neon green and neon orange?? is that why you have so many neon green and orange birds? :P
    lol actually my favorite color was just black when i first got Oliver, then i fell in love with his green colors and green became one of my favorite colors, then i got the suns, so orange became my other favorite color
    But i just love neon colors, so bright and colorful...
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

Remove Ads