Tailfeathers
Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cage Color? Does it matter to you?

Name
    Roxy
    Thanks

Cage Color? Does it matter to you?

Since I am now without a bird and won't be able to get one for a long, long while all I can do to keep myself from falling apart is thinking to the future.

I'm looking at bird cages now since I am bored out of my mind and wondering what color would I pick for my next cage.

I've been doing some serious thinking and I think there will be some big changes coming up in my life in the near future. Can't really get into it right now but due to recent events (not Rosco) I have to make some big decisions and may just wind up in a very different situation.

If that happens, I'd probably get another Green Cheek. I know, I know... I'm one that kept saying how they aren't the best bird for me but it's not me that is the issue. So, to not get off subject too very much... I'd be looking at getting a turquoise, cinnamon or mix of the two colors. I have always preferred darker cages as I think the bird gets lost in a white cage. However, a dark bird in a dark cage?

Anyway, how do you pick out cage color? Do you match it to your bird? Perhaps you try and have all of your cages match? I'm truly curious.

Name
    Roxy
    Thanks

Re: Cage Color? Does it matter to you?

Ooo.... forgot to add... what about stainless steel? Is it worth it to pay the extra money and get the SS cage?

Thanks

I chose a color that would look good in my living room. Kermit's cage is kind of a sage green & so is her playstand.

I'm not a fan of white either. I really like the sandstone also.
    Kermit
    female half-moon conure
    hatchdate 3-16-04

Name
    Alison
    Thanks

I chose my cage to match the other furniture in the room. Pea isnt in his cage much when im home so i dont have to worry about being able to see him through the bars.

Name
    di
    Thanks

I choose a cage based on what I want with its features. Angel's is black, the new one is green as it comes in green, green or green, just as his previous one was available in only black.

Name
    Lisa
    Thanks

If I like a cage and only comes in a specific color I just get it. Color doesn't matter to me much if it's the cage I want.

I am also curious about the stainless steal.

Tailfeather
    Name
    LC
    Thanks

I like black or dark grey. Cricket and Kiwi are in light cages and it just makes them seem so much smaller and confining. I'm going to move Cricket into Milo's old cage (same model, different colors) as soon as it's warm enough to take the cages outside to clean.

Milo is dark and in a dark cage. It doesn't bother me, although I guess he doesn't totally stand out. I'm not sure if that would change with a lighter cage.

Poicephalus Obsessed Found a Mate Shade's Avatar
    Name
    Natacha
    Thanks

All of mine, but Zuri's (hers is green), are black with veins of silver (I know Hagen calls this colour "Antique Silver"). Eventually, I would like to get Zuri one of the same colour (I like the cages to match in that regard) or something similar (black as the base and veins of gold or copper since, from a distance, they look very similar).

I find that what I have goes with just about anything and my birds don't seem to mind the dark colour.

I would love Stainless steel but can't really afford it.

Name
    Mell
    Thanks

I dont pick cages because of colors (I am a bargain shopper) but I have noticed that I 'loose' Natey and Maroy in their white cages. Its worst with Natey because Wilbur is a very easy to see color and Nateys pastel colors kind of blend in.

Just Hangin' Out~ Growing... Baboo's Momma's Avatar
    Name
    Stephanie
    Thanks

My cage is a stainless-gray color...I love it. I wouldn't go with the color of your bird as you wouldn't see it soo well. But definetly go for function over fashion. Just my 2 cents.
    Babs & Casso... The ones who started it all...

Name
    Laura
    Thanks

wait, how come people dont like white? i like light grey or white the best because for some reason light colors dont look as restricting and cage-like to me. but i would still not get a cage i didnt like as much or was more expensive because of the color.

Toby the tiel Adult teddibear381's Avatar
    Name
    Erica
    Thanks

my cage is black but i dont think that's much of a factor in my choice of it. i chose it because it was the biggest that was available for the price i stated.

Cream of Cockatiel Tailfeather sammit's Avatar
    Name
    Sam
    Thanks

i have black because i have two pale coloured birds.. that and where the cage is positioned i can see through the bars easier in case of frights, other birds etc..

"im now under the impression that sarcasm is the body's natural defence against stupid" - sam

http://sammitshomecooking.blogspot.com/

Name
    Holly
    Thanks

JMO

white on white walls is not pretty. i can't paint my apartment.
    black is NOT my color & looks heavy to me. Kinda jail like too.
    greys and platniums have similar issues as black and white.
    These colors are far from soothing too.... too "industrial" for me.

I LOVE the Ruby Red & Sandstones though. They are beautiful. I've only seen Ruby Red in pictures from peoples homes and they always look so elegant and rich and vibrant. Its a deep deep red too.

I chose sandstone because it looks great in my "brown tones" house & I can see my Holly through it. The cage doesn't feel like a corner stone in a room, it just blends. Bonus, it hides the dust very well.
    (I have the HQ flight cage in bronze/sandstone)

I've seen green cages in all shades... I think the deep green suits birds very well, but I wasn't certain of the EXACT shade of geen the cage would be since I was ordering online.
    The blue cages look cool, but are not my style.

Stainless steel is great... but I don't have the cash. The reasoning behind stainless is then there is no paint to scratch, chip, or be swallowed. Some paints have minuscule amounts of toxic ingredients... such as zinc. In the HQ Flight cage toxicity report the White cage had the worst numbers, but they were WAY below the limits. Almost nothing.

Name
    jake
    Thanks

In my oppinion stainless stell gets way more dirty way faster. There is a stainless steel cage at petland and I have to use some kind of steel cleaner on the cge because if it not it streaks. I personally would never own a ss cage unless I fell in love with it or if it was huge for cheap. I havea black cage with veins of silver and I love it. Oscar is white so I can def see him nd nikko is blue. Sometimes nikko gets lost but thats because of his size and the toys haha. I would most likely always go with black because it does look very clean, in my opp you can't go wrong with black because it goes with basically any decor and I like black a lot. thats just my oppinion.

R.I.P Nikko.

Remove Ads