where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Brand New Egg
    Name
    Andrew
    Thanks

Re: Goodbye, my sweet little Boomer

I didnt know about this thread about your Boomer, i didnt see it, must have mine somewhere else.

I just thought id say from reading it i get why you have been a help to me with my Bart and the pics are great.

For the Love of all Birds Hatched! pitufina73's Avatar
    Name
    Maria
    Thanks

Deanna and Carissa
    i just found out this today by birdcurious, i was in shock im so sad that boomer passed away, my heart goes out to you, you did your best, you gave him a happy life and sometimes we cant do much more, you know? i wish we could.
    Boomer had two great persons which for him both of you were special.
    i got tears in my eyes as im typing this.
    god bless both of you and boomer will always remain in our hearts.
    Visit my work's website!
    http://www.amazinglabels.com

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Thanks Maria, I am happy Katie told you about boomer, its good to know just how many people out there know and care of about our little boomer. Its getting easier but still mornings just seem to so sad around here for me, it was one of me and booms special times and it still makes me cry to sit here all alone when we used to be here together.

Yes, Andrew, boomer did just pass over a few days before your bart did so we did share our grief together in a way. HUGS!
    Fly Free Boomer, we will forever love you.

Name
    Emily
    Thanks

Deanna - How could I have missed this?
    ....This is making me cry...Literally
    Whenever I think of Tailfeathers, I think of Boomer, Sparks, and a couple of other lovies who I think to be "TF Mascots"....Now Boom?
    I can't imagine how sad you all must be, but he did show signs he was okay...Knowing him and how strong he was, he's probably flying free and getting into all sorts of troubles...He's probably really acting up because now he doesn't have to be a chicken...
    Aw Deanna...I'm so sorry...BIG HUGS! To everyone in your family, and major apologies that I missed this thread...

Fly Free Boomer, we'll miss you!

There.

Name
    Ryann
    Thanks

I get on TF every now and then when I've got some time on my hands. I was stunned to come upon this thread. I remember when I first came to TF, I'd read stories about Boomer, and received lots of advice from you Deanna when I posted in need. I am so so sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts, as I have experienced a loss as well. it brings tears to my eyes and the pain that stings the heart seems to be all too familiar. my heart goes out to you and I pray for you and your angel in heaven. I wish you all the comfort, love, and support in the world. he will never be forgotten and left a little piece of love in everyone.
    Ozzy & Indie

Name
    javi
    Thanks

oh my. i missed so much. i am sorry. i always loved looking at his picture in your siggie. he was a great bird and very lucky that ya had each other. i wil miss him. sorry for your loss. i am reminded of a saying whenever a pet is lost. ya never get over them,ya just learn to get through the days with out them.
    Life without birds, is not a life I could live

I'm A budgieaholic Tailfeather kathy5's Avatar
    Name
    kathy
    Thanks

I am so sorry for the loss of your best friend
    hugs to you & your family
    Kathy
    my helpfull birdy page
    kathy's my space page
    kathy's facebook page

please give clicks to help my number go up

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

"ya never get over them,ya just learn to get through the days with out them." How so very True Javi, it just seems like a big piece of something is missing now that he gone and there still isnt a day that goes by that I dont cry over him not being here. Its snowing today and first thing I looked out the window snow and the Junco's in the planter box below my window where the snow dont go, I cried, Boomer just loved sitting there seeing them right under him in the plants below. He just was so happy all the time and we were happy just watching him, he kept us entertained and laughing because he was so expressive in everything he did. Life was good with our little boomer and I will always cherish him in memories. Life is still good but it will be missing our boomer.

Thanks everyone, truly you all make this easier to handle because knowing that you too adored my boomer like we do here and also that his troubles later in life were able to give some knowledge to help others here, that really makes me happy. HUGS to all of you.

Thanks

I am so sorry for your loss. when I seen this tread I was like no not boomer. he is a angel now watching over you.

Brand New Egg R.I.P Max ILY so much!'s Avatar
    Name
    Kristina
    Thanks

Deanna,
    I just want to tell you first off how much it breaks my heart to hear this news. When you were comforting me, you said that losing a bird happens to even the best bird owners. Well, from everything I read, you are one of the best. His eyes always glistened with such happiness. Your words helped me through my hardest times w/Max. Though It pains me to hear of your loss, I am glad he flew free with your loving support, just as he lived his life happy with you for all that time. May your memories of the time you shared together never fade.

for you & Boomer,
    Kristina
    Last edited by R.I.P Max ILY so much!; 03-23-2009 at 06:33 PM.

Who needs T.V with an aviary? Egg's Cracking... LiLRebelWW's Avatar
    Name
    Gina
    Thanks

Deanna,

I just logged onto the forums (I haven't bene too active lately) and saw the news about Boomer. I am in shock, and heartbroken for you... and I just wanted to let you know how very sorry I am. You have always been so helpful and kind to me from the moment I joined the forums. By relaying so many of Boomer's experiences on this forum, he and you, have helped so many people. I think that Boomer had one of the best Moms I have ever seen. Your dedication to him, through all of his life has always moved me. He was such a lucky bird to have you ease his health troubles along the way, and I know he knows this. He lived a wonderful and happy life, that I doubt would have been possible if he wasn't your fid. Such a strong birdie.

Again, I'm so sorry for your loss...
    11 lil' budgies sitting in a tree....and RIP my little angels: Synth, Tre, Ion and Cinque.

Name
    Adele
    Thanks

I too would like to express my sadness for Boomer, as I know how hard it is to lose a pet that you simply love above anything. I have just lost Lucky, he died today, and the grief I feel is beyond anything I've ever felt for a pet before. They are just so precious and special, so when you lose them it's hurting so much. I know that the memories we have of them are memories we'll cherish forever. *Hugs*
    Lucky -the rescued budgie...RIP
    Matisse -always remembered...RIP

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Adele, thank you and I look at you and just feel so bad, losing boomer is so very hard on me but to lose two so close together would just be almost too much.

All of your words to us is so cherished everyone, it makes me happy to know that boomer was not only loved by me and my family but also by so many of you. I still struggle when I think of him and I still cannot get over my morning crying when everyone leaves and I am alone, it was just me and him here for soooo long that its hard to do mornings alone but even that is easier now. Boomer forever will be remembered and so cherished in my heart but so will all of you too. If it wasnt for this website I dont know how I would have survived having boomer be sick with no one to talk to about it, or to share what we do here to help boomer in hopes that it can help your fids. If I was stressed I could come here and tell all of you and always feel so much better because you all understand and you care so much about us that it always made me feel better knowing I had all of you. Boomer was sick for a long time but through out it all he stayed such a happy bird, his last 4 years were a given, I must of prayed right because boomer stayed with me when the odds were against him but he just got too tired to fight it anymore so we had to let him go. Now only we have pain from losing him but also tons of good happy memories of his wonderful 12 years he lived here with us.

HUGS to each and everyone of you and thank you for being here always for me.

Brand New Egg
    Name
    Kaoru
    Thanks

Oh no.. I am so sorry for your loss. You replied on one of my posts and I had no idea that Boomer is no longer with you. *Hugs* When my previous lovebird, Sora, passed away... I felt so, so devastated. He was with me for only 6 short years but those years were just the best, noisiest times. Although I do have Momo now... it still hurts so much.

I haven't been on this forum for very long but it seems Boomer was truly loved and I think that is the best thing you can give to a pet. All the toys and foods are nothing without love I hope each day is getting easier for you...

Hatching
    Name
    robin
    Thanks

I'm so sorry to read about your loss, it didn't register who he belonged to, I lost my sweetie a beautiful little creamino lovebird a few months ago, I still can't believe she's gone, I hope-someday the pain eases up, but it's hard, I know. I hope you begin to heal soon. take care. sweeties mom.
    Hi, I'm Robin

Happily Married Moulting Fruit Basket's Avatar
    Name
    Heather
    Thanks

Im soooo sorry to hear about your loss. my eyes got teary reading your post. That is so devastating. I can not imagine the sadness you feel. Fly free Boomer!

Imagine yourself through their eyes.
    You measure a man's greatness
    by how much it takes to discourage him.

Rito ~ Maroon Belly Conure (see album for pic)

Name
    stephanie
    Thanks

Rip BOomer.

Name
    Kristin
    Thanks

Boomer?? Oh I'm so sorry! He was the first little guy I thought of when I logged into the board tonight after being gone so long, and now I read this.

Name
    Deanna
    Thanks

Hi Kristin, it has been awhile since you were here and yes, my little man is no longer with us Time does heal the pain but still some days are hard to not miss boomer. He has been gone for 2 months now and still you just expect him to be here. Thanks for your nice words lately on this post, I try to move on past this but it is still nice to see peoples posts here. He will forever be missed by me and my family.

Name
    Kristin
    Thanks

He was a happy, cute little guy, and it's hard at first but does help to celebrate the life and joy they brought to us when they were here.

Name
    Kirsty
    Thanks

Oh Deanna, I am so very very sorry for you and your family's loss

Egg's Cracking...
    Name
    Melissa
    Thanks

Oh man, I haven't been around much lately either and I did not expect this to pop to the top of my new posts list today.... I'm incredibly sorry to hear about Boomer. I too will always remember your stories about him, he was a special little guy for sure.

Four More Babies Hatched! Jojo's zoo's Avatar
    Name
    Joanna
    Thanks

I know this is late, but I wanted to express my condolences, too. I'm so sorry. I have to stop reading now because I'm already tearing up in class. Fly free with your buddies, little Boomer.
    (Thx Albe!)

First Baby Hatched! parrotsRmyLove's Avatar
    Name
    Sue
    Thanks

Sorry for your loss. I rarely come in here and should it - is hard though, lame excuse. My sympathies to you, I know boomer was so special to you.

Animal Nut! Growing... Courtney's Avatar
    Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

I can't believe I missed this. Im so sorry. I have read about him on here since I started posting, a long long time and he stuck out and touched my heart with his little ways. I remember how he liked to be tucked in bed with his bed and blanket. That was so cute. Im so sorry for your loss. It will hurt for a long time but it will get easier, I promise.

You will always feel a bit sad when you think of him but you will start to remember the good times and be able to laugh. Im very upset about this. More then I though.

Mom to Two Jack Russell Terriers (Rocky & Jack), 4 fish tanks, Two Parrots, Indian Ringneck (Chiquita) & Green Cheek Conure (Boomer).