where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Blackberry users

Bow chicka wow wow! I... Found a Mate Breadpazoid's Avatar
    Name
    Jillybean
    Thanks

Blackberry users

I'm looking at getting a Crackberry pretty soon. It's my first adventure with this level of phone. I'm particularly interested to hear from BB Curve owners but I'd love responses from all other model owners too!

What do you like most about your Blackberry?

What do you like least?

Has it ever crashed on you?

Does Blackberry properly load Tailfeathers? (...)

Can it load flash or java things on the internet?

What is your favorite feature?

Is there anything else you want to share about Blackberry ownership that you think would be helpful to a tech-savvy noob to the world of Crackberries?

Thanks a ton!

Mom to Ducky! (female cinnamon GCC)...THANK YOU Keet for the gorgeous sig!!
    Won't you come see me after 12am?

Just a "grumpy" Teenager Chickadoodle's Avatar
    Name
    Madeline
    Thanks

Re: Blackberry users

I don't have one, but my dad and brother do. My dad has the Pearl, and it works well except for one flaw. Every time it is dropped, the SIM card becomes loose, and he needs to reset his phone. I don't think he ever uses it for internet, though.

My brother has the Storm, and he loves it. He's always using it, and I'm pretty sure he goes online. I don't know what the features are or how well the internet works, but I know that Blackberries are great phones.

I'm not sure how TF would load, but I bet it would be pretty slow.

Other than that, I don't really know much about these phones. I'm sure that yours will work fine, though. They are a great choice.

“Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings.”
    ~Salvador Dalí

Name
    Jillybean
    Thanks

My Blackberry Curve (8330) should be here on Tuesday or at the latest Wednesday.

It will complement my laptop well (its name...yes, name...is Raspberry) LOL.

I decided to buy the micro SD card for it elsewhere, because Verizon charges nearly mutinous prices for their SD cards. I think the OS it comes with is v4.3 which means it can take 8GB, so I will be able to load plenty of apps onto it.

I have also heard of a NES or SNES emulator available for the Blackberry (!?) - definitely checking that out! Can't wait!

Name
    Celeste
    Thanks

I have a pearl 8120 I love it! It's a great phone, but it can be user unfriendly. Mine will not load Java, and I've never tried flash. It actually does load tailfeathres, but you do have to pay for internet service. I haven't had issues with it crashing, my issue was that it was constantly dropping off of my wireless network. I have no signal at all in my house and the 8120 is capable of using a wireless network as a tower (easiest way to describe it). I spent a lot of time on tech support and the problem is resolved.

My Heart & Soul will always be in OHIO, but my body is elsewhere
    Thanks

a friend of mine has a blackberry, not sure which one, he loves it, he lives in kentucky, and he gets online all the time and checks our local newspaper (indiana), and all kinds of other things

I played with it when he was in a few months back - I personally didn't like it thought. my biggest issue was the size! I hate big phones and I hate phones that don't flip closed/open. (i've accidentally called people on my old pay as you go phone because I had it in my pocket and it wasn't a flip phone and I bent down to pick up some boxes and called my mom and didn't know it - she could hear us talking though lol)

Tailfeather
    Name
    LC
    Thanks

"It's a blackberry that flips closed. So no more butt dialing! Yay!"

Wow. I love those commercials.

But anyways, I don't have one and haven't used one, but I don't think I would like one. My phone is fine just being a phone, and the screen/keys seem too small, while the phone as a whole is just too big...

Name
    Celeste
    Thanks

Oh! I forgot about purse dialing! If you don't lock the keys they call everyone. I am sending this from my blackberry!

Name
    Jillybean
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Little Cricket View Post
    "It's a blackberry that flips closed. So no more butt dialing! Yay!"

Wow. I love those commercials.
    OMG me too.

I'm thinking about getting a hardshell case for it or something. If I don't find something good on teh interwebz I'm going to Fry's in a day or two (I was gonna go today but I feel sooo sick.)

Name
    Celeste
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Breadpazoid View Post
    OMG me too.

I'm thinking about getting a hardshell case for it or something. If I don't find something good on teh interwebz I'm going to Fry's in a day or two (I was gonna go today but I feel sooo sick.)
    I had a hard time finding one of those, I wound up getting a silicone sleeve for it. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218035842396

Its about time this Egg's Cracking... Milover's Avatar
    Name
    Jamie
    Thanks

I have the BB Curve 8330 and I absolutely LOVE it. They call it a Crackberry for a reason, I can't put the **** thing down.

The thing I like least about it is that it does not send mms messages, picture messages. The Iphone is lacking that feature too. You can send pic & vid messages but only to email.

Its never crashed on me and I've had it since June. It has reset a few times but I think thats my fault for not updating it, I've never lost any info when it resets.

Yes it properly loads TF. Java works fine on it too.

I use it a lot to stay connected with my friends through email, chat and texts. Sometimes I feel too connected if that makes sense. The GPS is great, really fast. The full keyboard took a little time to get used to but I love it now and can type really fast. Its a bit hard when I'm tying to text one handed while driving, not that I should be doing that anyways. The roller ball is a neat feature, Milo likes to lick it when I set my phone down near him.

I use the leather case that came with the phone instead of buying another one. It slides in and out easily and keeps the screen protected in my purse. There is a lock feature on the phone that you use so you don't butt dial, just push the button to lock it and push * and Talk to unlock. I've gotten so used to it it doesn't take any time at all to unlock it to use it.

Its about time this Egg's Cracking... Milover's Avatar
    Name
    Jamie
    Thanks

Oh one more thing. If you plan on using it to get online at all I recommend getting an unlimited plan with your carrier. Loading pages, watching Youtube and just being online will cost you if you don't. I'm a bit surprised how fast some pages load and how fast google searches can be on my phone

Name
    Jillybean
    Thanks

Thank you everyone for your responses! Jamie, that's just what I needed to know, thank you - I have unlimited data usage on my plan (well, according to the forums, it's technically 5GB, but I don't expect to use that much hahah) so I'm not worried about that.

I haven't found a case I'm happy with but in the interim I did find a cool looking pouch for it on clearance at Best Buy so I will save the leather one it comes with for...I dunno...if I need it for something else. LOL

I did force myself to go out to Fry's yesterday (the store...not owned by our resident lovebird ) and got an 8GB miniSD card with regular-SD adapter and USB dongle thingy for $20 (regularly $40) so I'm happy. I also bought a Jabra headset when I stopped at Best Buy, but once I got home I regretted it because Amazon has earpieces three times the quality at a third of the price so I'll be taking that back today after I get my 'Berry. (I'm holed up in the house until it arrives. I am NOT missing the delivery man's visit!) Thankfully while I opened the package I had the good sense not to actually mess with anything so I'll be able to return it no sweat.

I wonder if there is an iTunes app for the Curve?

Edit: The tracking info says "On FedEx truck for Delivery!" *jumps around madly in barely contained suspense*
    ...sooo nerdy.
    Last edited by Breadpazoid; 03-24-2009 at 09:16 AM.

Remove Ads