Contact | Tour
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: What a sweetheart!!

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

What a sweetheart!!

Every minute longer i spend with Angel, i fall even more in love with her. She is such an absolute sweety!!!
    Today was bath day (decided by Sunny ) and Angel thought she would join too, and i guess she thought she was as small as the other birds because she decided to bath in her water bowl . Needless to say, she didn't fit very well. I got a big plastic dog bowl and filled it with water for her but she refused to go near it, she wanted to bathe in her little bowl instead. So i helped her out and misted her, she didn't love it, but once in a while she would fan out her wings for me then run away lol. But this isn't about the bath, it's about after the bath. When she was done, she started acting weird, trying to step up and barking at me, i thought she was mad for some reason, but then she jumped on my chest and just cuddled with me, it was so adorable!!!
    She just layed on my chest as i put a towel over her while she chewed on my shirt. I even got to give her major head scratches! She was loving it! She was just the sweetest little thing ever today!!
    I wish i woulda gotten pics but i was just so overwhelmed with the cuteness that i forgot, next bath time i will be sure to take pics though .
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

Name
    javi
    Thanks

Re: What a sweetheart!!

that is great. birds are usually in a better mood after a bath. with all the endorphins.
    Life without birds, is not a life I could live

Name
    Jennifer
    Thanks

that sounds so sweet.

reminds me of the first time Rocky ever took a bath... I had to hold the bowl of water and jiggle it so he would see the water moving... he jumped in, then flew to my shoulder, shook off, then jumped in the water again... he repeated it about 4 times and we were both soaked at the end.

nothing beats bath time!

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

It really just amazed me at how fast she is becoming attached to me, she already wants cuddles after bath time. Hopefully things stay like this .
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

First Baby Hatched!
    Name
    Lee
    Thanks

Aww! Wish you had gotten some pics, Angel is so sweet. I'm so glad you are getting on well, I hope that your bond lasts forever

Amorous Tailfeather
    Thanks

Haha things will stay like this for a bit, but then the TERRIBLE TWOOOOOOS haha. Enjoy it while you can!

Name
    Brittany
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by McDenny View Post
    Haha things will stay like this for a bit, but then the TERRIBLE TWOOOOOOS haha. Enjoy it while you can!
    Haha, yeah that's why i'm still trying to take it slow with her, so she doesn't get too attached to me and develop any behavioral problems. She's still a little nippy but she hasn't hurt me yet (still crossing my fingers lol)
    But no matter what happens i can handle it, she already learned how to mimic the Suns (but in her own, way more high pitched, way.) and i've been trying to discourage it. She's been getting better though .

And that bath did her WONDERS! She looks even more stunning now (if thats even possible ) her feathers are getting brighter and they aren't as ruffled looking as they were before. She looks terrific.
    ♥I Miss My Fids♥

Previously Tikigurl

Katrina Baby
    Name
    Katrina
    Thanks

awww that is soo sweet! I love little stories like this one

Remove Ads