Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Name
    stephanie
    Thanks

i hope no1 does this

http://newyork.kijiji.com/c-Pets-Bir...AdIdZ136208026

its fishy how he'd watch the more expensive birds.. i dont trust people.. not at all.

Name
    Roxy
    Thanks

Re: i hope no1 does this

He *might* be someone who just prefers large birds and handles them more frequently. Also, he might not want to try trusting his large bird with a small bird.

I wouldn't trust him, either. I don't allow strangers to watch my animals. But, I wouldn't call him out without at the very least doing a background check and getting more info.

Poicephalus Obsessed Found a Mate Shade's Avatar
    Name
    Natacha
    Thanks

I wouldn't trust my birds to anyone before having met them a couple of times and seen their set-up and possibly gotten references.

With that said, you can't necessarily fault him for being selective in what he birdsits. Personally, there are some bird species that I wouldn't be keen on birdsitting myself. Some people have affinities with bigger birds and less with the smaller birds and vice-versa.

I also have a hard time trusting some people, but will give them the benefit of the doubt and will collect more information before making a judgment.

Name
    stephanie
    Thanks

well, i aimed for larger birds i suppose because i didnt trust him.. and yes i was judging a book by its cover.. but incase it it a scam.. the larger birds are always worth more $$. thats why i said that.

٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ Four More Babies Hatched! Skittles's Avatar
    Name
    Lauren
    Thanks

Well... It seems fishy, but if you think about it, if I were to offer my time and house for bird sitting, I would choose to have small to medium birds. not because of space, but due to experience.

I would be intimidated by large birds.

Could be the same with this man and his 'too. I had a macaw owner petrified of Kirby, she found her to be too "unpredictable". So that could be the case with the poster of the Kijiji ad "bob". He feels more in control with larger birds as opposed to smaller.

Although, good point raised with the larger birds being worth more, he could be in it for scams

I'm to young to be Breeding VJS+1Cockatiel's Avatar
    Name
    Victor
    Thanks

it does seem 'sort of' fishy but then not really, He may just be wanting to earn some extra cash while doing stuff with the things he loves, birds, if I wanted to do a bird sitting thing, I would only probably do small-medium because I sometimes get scared around larger birds and I probably wouldn't give the bigger bird enough attention.

though, since he only wanted larger birds, it could be a scam but then people would know his name, what he looks like and where he lives, so personally I don't think that it is a scam, just someone to earn some extra while using his love of birds to help him.

Good point raised though

÷No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.-William Blake(1757-1827)
    ÷It is not only fine feathers that make up fine birds-Aesop(620-560
    ÷Even small birds are a BIG responsibility.

AKA 'Follyfoot Farm' Tailfeather
    Name
    Mel
    Thanks

i tend to be too trusting and i just see a guy who works with the bigger birds, maybe he feels more comfortable with them? maybe he doesnt want his too to harm other birds?

either way, one should always meet the bird sitter first before giving their parrots to anyone to care for.

id like to think that not all people in this world are money hungry, scamming scumbags.

i might be wrong, but you never know, i do find it a bit wrong to judge without knowing the whole truth

Before you ask, yes I am a b!tch...
    But I am an honest b!tch.