Tailfeathers
where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Animal Nut! Growing... Courtney's Avatar
    Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

My dad is a Wuss

This is just too funny. My parents came over to visit my new bird, Boomer. Well I had Boomer out and he was going on me and my mom. Well my dad is not one for rats, chinchillas, (I have six) or birds. He would never in a million years hurt them but they creep him out. But I finally convinced my dad to hold Boomer and he was just so creped out it was hilarious. Finally I took Boomer off of him.

Oh he went on and on cringing and making a huge stink about it. What a wuss, LOL.

One of my other IRN's went on my dad while he was at my computer and attacked him twice. Birds just do not like him. Chiquita is scared of him for some reason and he did nothing at all to Chiquita but talk to her.

Mom to Two Jack Russell Terriers (Rocky & Jack), 4 fish tanks, Two Parrots, Indian Ringneck (Chiquita) & Green Cheek Conure (Boomer).

Katrina Baby
    Name
    Katrina
    Thanks

Re: My dad is a Wuss

Why would your dad be creeped out by birds? Ha ha ha, you know my bird, Louia doesn't like my dad either. Not sure why, but my father isn't to fond of her either.

Name
    Mary
    Thanks

Some people have a bird phobia and are actually terrified of birds. Hard to believe eh? An old friend of mine used to HATE birds, and wouldn't go anywhere near my fids. A guy at work - his wife is petrified of birds. Whenever they go to any pet store, she apparently steers WAY clear of the bird section. Go figure.
    Mary, Cosmo, Kaylaur, Perry & Tyler, and Spaz (temporary foster). And we can't forget the furry kids Pepper & Chewy!

Name
    Chili and Nelli
    Thanks

One of my co-workers has ornithophobia (fear of birds) and he has crashed his car twice because he got so freaked out by birds flying too close when he was driving. I laughed at first, but now I feel bad. It's a really serious problem for him because he can hardly go outside.

Animal Nut! Growing... Courtney's Avatar
    Name
    Courtney
    Thanks

I have no clue why he would be creeped out by birds. I think it is their nails and he gets the willies when the nails touch his arm or something, LOL. Itís funny.

That is strange to have a bird phobia, LOL Some family member hate it here because they are scared of birds and chinchillas and canít handle my jack russells because there to hyper.

Oh that really would be a problem to have a fear to go outside. Itís funny in a way but no, you know what I mean. I have a phobia of ants. A real one too, I just canít handle ants.

Mom to Two Jack Russell Terriers (Rocky & Jack), 4 fish tanks, Two Parrots, Indian Ringneck (Chiquita) & Green Cheek Conure (Boomer).