where bird lovers gather
Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: jaguar.

Name
    Kerry
    Thanks

Re: jaguar.

All the jag owners I know tell me these cars spend more time in the repair shops than any other car they have ever owned. Since they are so specialized you have to take them INTO a jag repair shop, not down the street to the local garage. Dreams are nice, but this ride has a very high upkeep!

return to real life Tailfeather
    Thanks

Last edited by sunbirdx; 09-01-2009 at 03:15 AM.

Name
    jake
    Thanks

Insurance is no where near 300 for me because I would be added to my moms policy and than she would add a car or something. I'm a little confused about that part. But, I'm not getting the car anyways. My grandma was going to get a car loan for me, through the credit union, but they don't do car loans on anything passed a 92.

R.I.P Nikko.

Kiss my vent. Hatching
    Name
    Tweetebirds
    Thanks

In the future for reference. You should ask if it's really a rebuilt engine, as they are usually more then a new engine (or close to it). Most put in a junk yard engine and say it's "rebuilt" BUT there is a HUGE difference.
    We just went through all of this with a Blazer we bought, had the thing checked out by a dealer, the owner of the Blazer claimed the engine was rebuilt, we bought it and 30 miles from her house the motor blew up. Turns out the dealership had put a junk yard motor in it, not rebuilt and we got a "too bad" from the previous owner. 2,000.00 MORE then what we spent to buy it we now have a Blazer that runs. We will never buy from a Private Party again. Here in MN there is no law for private party, so if you drive it a block and the motor falls out, too bad.

Name
    Shannon
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sunbirdx View Post
    Yeah, to give you an idea, my 24 year old husband (last year), with a perfect driving record, was still pulling our insurance WAY up, his own as a primary driver was near a grand.
    Sorry, I must ask. Per month, or 6 months? If it is monthly, then what the hell does he drive?

Birdlady Moulting Limpyduckling's Avatar
    Name
    Rosalie
    Thanks

Wow It must have been a fancy car or it was yearly. Well my grandson we are raising his insurance is 150 a month he is driving a 2001 explorer and it is just for liability. We have a 3 car discount with state farm so insurance isn't cheep. His parents don't pay us child support either. His dad is a lazy bum and mom so far in debt but thats another subject

Thanks

٩(●̮̮̃̃)۶ Four More Babies Hatched! Skittles's Avatar
    Name
    Lauren
    Thanks

Just to add my 2cents worth of insurance info.

Depending on where you live, what state/province, your insurance rates will vary greatly.

I drive a 2010 Hyundai Genesis
    Insurance rates are BC - $170/month Ontario - $180-245/month
    That is my insurance based on almost 5 years of driving under my own insurance(once I hit 5yrs, there will be a discount) and with a 100% clean record.

IMO:The Jaguar, despite it being a sexy car, not worth it in the long run. Most rebuilt engines have a 90 day warranty, maybe less. Since it was rebuilt over 5 years ago, i HIGHLY doubt there will be any coverage on it. But, sometimes there are exceptions and plans for extended warranties.

Jaguar parts are ordered from Europe, so like everyone has mentioned, double even triple the parts cost. Not to mention, older vehicles might not even have the part available, or there will be a really long waiting time to get that part in...

Name
    jake
    Thanks

Well, I'm not getting the car but I just had to ask a question. THe jag had been in florida for most of its life. My grandma said that she has heard that most cars in florida aren't rust proof. First, is that true? Second, if it wasn't, and it went through 5 winters and rain here than wouldn't it be rusty already?

R.I.P Nikko.

Breeding
    Thanks

Haha was waiting for laurne to reply

Don't touch that danm thing with a hundred foot pole.

Unless you can pull wrenches yourself, never buy anything that old.

I dont think any car comes from factory 'rust proof'. Think of it though. You buy from the ocean, it's gonna be rusty. You buy from the upper north east, they throw salt and water at it, gonna be rusty. Buy from arizona, not gonna be rusty.

If you want a 'starter' car, get some GM with a 3800 series II in it. Pretty much bullet proof (take it easy on the tranny. you don't want a 3 grand bill because you like to floor it at lights).

Regal, Grand Prix, Impala etc. Drive the balls of it till it dies. Easy to mod as well if you need to go fast.

Name
    jake
    Thanks

I've considered an impala. The jaguar is off completely now. lol. I don't even know how to change oil greg. lol. So I guess that was a bad idea. haha

R.I.P Nikko.

Thanks

Breeding
    Thanks

cheap to fix.

hondas, toyotas, fords are ideal.
    Only one of these is 'cheap to fix'

Thanks

Breeding
    Thanks

People drive hondas because they don't break. Honda (and Toyota) parts are ridiculously priced in North America, due to the importing etc.

If you buy an older honda, it is going to break and you will have to pay to fix it. It is far more expensive to fix an import than it is a domestic, just due to the parts alone. (labour on these things will be roughly the same, other than the imports doing stupid **** with their work)

If you are buying new, go import. If you are buying used, (older than 2003, 2004) buy domestic, unless you can do the work yourself (and have an in for parts)

Remove Ads