Bird InformationMessage BoardNetwork Home

Thread: Istockphotos?

Queen of her Flock Parent Sun_angel00's Avatar
    Name
    Cheryl
    Thanks

Istockphotos?

Hi,

Has anyone used them?? Rather sold photos through them??

Im curious..... I was asked to submit some photos to them but I dont know alot about them, but I have bought photos from them in the past when I was doing Graphic design...

Anyone have any luck with selling your photos? Waste of time or worth it?
    "I will lend to you, a Bird", God said, "and teach you all you have to do. And when I call him back to heaven, you will know he loved you too."

Breeding
    Thanks

Re: Istockphotos?

I don't sell anything on Istock (I only create for my own use, sometimes when I feel like it).

I buy though.

I actually 'hired' a designer from there haha. Apparently you can make quite a chunk of change doing that, but ofcourse Istock takes there cut of anything you get paid. In that scenario we just decided to cut out the middle man

You design much Cheryl? Getting (back) into it?

Name
    Cheryl
    Thanks

I used to. I was the Jr graphic designer for the Royal Bank Of canada, All the posters, flyers and stuff like that we did. Then I left that job (which I miss terribly) and I slowly stopped design... Then my computer crashed and I lost all my Adobe programs I havent re installed them because I dont have the activation codes anymore...

But I do alot of photography as a hobby and someone mentioned I might as well make some money off of it.... lol.
    "I will lend to you, a Bird", God said, "and teach you all you have to do. And when I call him back to heaven, you will know he loved you too."

Breeding
    Thanks

That's awesome Cheryl

Didnt know you did that. Hopefully you get back into it, it's always a good skill to have.

Name
    Cheryl
    Thanks

Thanks, Yeah I did they are a good company to work for, They are huge and everyone knows the work we did. lol.

I hope so as well. Im thinking about actually going and getting my design degree...