How do you feel when you fork out loads of money on your bird's cage to find they only use the top half? *sigh* Well heres a few things i've done to encourage Benny to use the all of the cage..
1. Placed food and water bowls at the bottom of the cage, and this for some reason also stopped him sleeping and pooping in them double bonus!
2. Hanging food kabobs from the lowest perch
3. The egg Carton, I cut a large hole in the lid put different foods in it
4. Growing seedling in a small bowl or pot and placing down on the floor
5. Hang chew toys off the side of the cage instead of the top
6. Bucket foraging toy or toy box
7.Place perch along the bottom basically on the floor
8. Large bathing dish I used a ceramic dog bowl. Make sure your bird can get in and out and that it isn't too deep. Benny wanted nothing to do with it but my mothers birds love it when i gave it to them lol
9. The paper bag toy. Put milt sprays or other treats in a brown paper bag twisted it and placed in on the floor . It amazes me all this money on toys and what does he like to play with the good old brown paper bag. I did however have to help and make the first few rips, he got lazy
1o. Rearrangement of toys and items. Birds get bored of the same old toys so rotate and swap every few days